Pellegrino OUT

Batman

The likes of jonnyboy, Saint_Ash and Lord duckhunter from the first page have highlighted their poor judgement by deriding the views of people who watch and attend games and could see exactly where this was heading back in October. If only the board had listened to those awful "bedwetters" and "reactionaries" back then we may not be in this mess.

Edited by hypochondriac

Well, at least it's another nail in the coffin of the "stick with the manager" myth, unless anyone here is brave enough to recommend that we do stick with Pellegrino for another two full seasons.

After all, he needs to bed in, get his ideas across because like Alex Ferguson and stuff.

If only there was a manager (and backroom staff) available locally who has a history of keeping teams up who would take a short term contract and who owes us a favour...Can anyone think of a name? I think we'd take anyone else now wouldn't we? [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well, at least it's another nail in the coffin of the "stick with the manager" myth, unless anyone here is brave enough to recommend that we do stick with Pellegrino for another two full seasons.

After all, he needs to bed in, get his ideas across because like Alex Ferguson and stuff.

Yeah, when we're ground sharing with Eastleigh Town in two years he should really come into his own. He's the right man for the job...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thing is, pretty competent managers have been available during the season

Competent compared to MP anyway. Fat Sam and Silva immediately spring to mind. Also, the chap at Swansea.

Just dread to think of the quirky appointment we will make from france/spain/Germany in the summer who will have zero knowledge of the championship.

Competent compared to MP anyway. Fat Sam and Silva immediately spring to mind. Also, the chap at Swansea.

Just dread to think of the quirky appointment we will make from france/spain/Germany in the summer who will have zero knowledge of the championship.

January 1st we'd have been an attractive proposition for a decent manager to take on, especially with the VVD money in the bank. Even four weeks ago there would be enough there for a decent manager to think he could be the hero and the winnable games were there.

Now, we are so fu cked I don't blame anyone for giving it the swerve, apart from someone who considers themselves a Championship expert.

January 1st we'd have been an attractive proposition for a decent manager to take on, especially with the VVD money in the bank. Even four weeks ago there would be enough there for a decent manager to think he could be the hero and the winnable games were there.

Now, we are so fu cked I don't blame anyone for giving it the swerve, apart from someone who considers themselves a Championship expert.

Warnock’s your man

You telling me this forum would have embraced a foreign manager with only Championship experience who just got the boot from Sheffield Wednesday? Hindsight a wonderful thing

It seems as though the club are happy at the prospect of being relegated, I can't think of any other reason this idiot would still be here. What bugs me is that I've paid the club upwards of £1000 this season for mine and my daughters season ticket and the club have done this to us, it feels like something else is going on behind the scenes and us mugs are the ones who have to pay for it.

We're in the richest league in the world and we employ little more than 'apprentice' managers, we still have to pay top dollar for the privilge of watching this experiment. For the first time in over 20 years I'm thinking about not renewing my ticket. It's not about being relegated, I can handle that, even through the bad times at the dell it felt the club were at least doing their best. But now it just feels like they're ****ing on us and telling us its raining, I'm losing any trust I had in the club. They've had ample time to get rid of this *****, yet still persist. In the words of that great Ugly headline years ago.

Pellegrino: hope you die soon

It seems as though the club are happy at the prospect of being relegated, I can't think of any other reason this idiot would still be here. What bugs me is that I've paid the club upwards of £1000 this season for mine and my daughters season ticket and the club have done this to us, it feels like something else is going on behind the scenes and us mugs are the ones who have to pay for it.

We're in the richest league in the world and we employ little more than 'apprentice' managers, we still have to pay top dollar for the privilge of watching this experiment. For the first time in over 20 years I'm thinking about not renewing my ticket. It's not about being relegated, I can handle that, even through the bad times at the dell it felt the club were at least doing their best. But now it just feels like they're ****ing on us and telling us its raining, I'm losing any trust I had in the club. They've had ample time to get rid of this *****, yet still persist. In the words of that great Ugly headline years ago.

I paid £1500 for our two for my grandson and me and I’ve had to miss a lot of games this season.

Any ideas how much they will be for next season and will be able to wait until after we’re relegated before we renew?

It's very hard to justify. One win in months, hopeless against relegation rivals, horrific home record, and the team incapable of solving problems that have been there to see since the beginning of the season.

We are easily the 2nd worse team in the league, and will probably finish accordingly.

Good lad.

How has this clown not been given his marching orders yet?

It better be just hagling over his pay out over the remainder of his contract.

We just take an age over everything buying players, getting rid of useless managers.

We just excel at selling players nice and early.

This is utterly utterly frustrating, i feel like going over to Les Reed and shaking him so that he can ****ing wake up!!!

For all we know the club have been desperately trying to find a replacement for months but no-one's interested

Just sacking him will be enough to galvanise the fanbase. That's no excuse. There are mangers out there who would jump at this chance, no doubts about it.

For all we know the club have been desperately trying to find a replacement for months but no-one's interested

Doubt it. More likely Les is dithering about what to do, and by the time he comes around to making a decision it’ll be too late. All the bluster about calculated planning, and sticking to the process, is just a mask for his crippling inability to make a decision IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it. More likely Les is dithering about what to do, and by the time he comes around to making a decision it’ll be too late. All the bluster about calculated planning, and sticking to the process, is just a mask for his crippling inability to make a decision IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His transfer history suggests dithering but IMHO it’s more likely to be a hefty bonus not to spend and to recoup as much as sales as possible

Why would no-one be interested in signing a contract that would earn them millions of pounds? :?

I’d like to think that a replacement manager will think enough of his own abilities to take on the task when paid millions. I also hope that he will see that the squad are better than their position, and not presently cast adrift like W.Brom. Hopefully he’ll see a mismanaged team capable of being turned around by a decent manager.

I really can’t believe that if we lose to Wigan the board would not act. As things stand, as bizzare as it seems we could stay up and qualify for Europe. This time next week we could be in the bottom 3 and out of the cup. Surely his job would be all but intenable

More likely the latter to be fair.

I really can’t believe that if we lose to Wigan the board would not act. As things stand, as bizzare as it seems we could stay up and qualify for Europe. This time next week we could be in the bottom 3 and out of the cup. Surely his job would be all but intenable

Unfortunately this is symptomatic of the Les Reed way of thinking to date. I think there have been enough last chances of if we don't get a result against..... You can go back to the Everton home game for that, and although he came through that one subsequent pivotal games v Huddersfield, and Palace at home were not yet the f^cker still remains in place.

For me, the Wigan match is a good opportunity for a new manager to see the players in action in a game that matters, before the more serious business a fortnight later v West Ham that really matters.

MP has already frittered away all his 'get out of jail cards' as far as I'm concerned. His criticism of the players spirit yesterday must surely be an admission that he's lost control. Only Reed knows why MP is still here.

the more serious business a fortnight later v West Ham that really matters.QUOTE]

One win off Wembley and the Semi-Final of the FA Cup and it's not f*cking serious/doesn't matter? I'd rather win on Sunday than win a league game. I despair sometimes.

the more serious business a fortnight later v West Ham that really matters.QUOTE]

One win off Wembley and the Semi-Final of the FA Cup and it's not f*cking serious/doesn't matter? I'd rather win on Sunday than win a league game. I despair sometimes.

I said it was a game that matters as I go along with your desire for success in the FA Cup, but financially and for the future of the club retaining our status in this league is vital.

I don't want to get into the which one would you want debate, frankly I want Cup Finals this year, and next, but the best way of increasing our chances of long term success is from the top league. I tyhink we've done the 'go down' to rebuild and regroup' thing before, and until the Liebherr involvement it was a miserable experience.

Unfortunately this is symptomatic of the Les Reed way of thinking to date. I think there have been enough last chances of if we don't get a result against..... You can go back to the Everton home game for that, and although he came through that one subsequent pivotal games v Huddersfield, and Palace at home were not yet the f^cker still remains in place.

For me, the Wigan match is a good opportunity for a new manager to see the players in action in a game that matters, before the more serious business a fortnight later v West Ham that really matters.

MP has already frittered away all his 'get out of jail cards' as far as I'm concerned. His criticism of the players spirit yesterday must surely be an admission that he's lost control. Only Reed knows why MP is still here.

This, in spades. Both Pardew and Pellegrino yesterday blamed the players. Pellegrino is responsible for 'spirit'. If the players are struggling for spirit and motivation, they need someone who can rouse them. That isn't Pellegrino. That comment was code for "get me out of here."

Surely enough is enough now! The board need to bloody well act. I mean 1 win in bloody 17, no manager anywhere would survive that. When is this supposed fans forum taking place? Good chance to vent our anger at that!
The fans forum is going to be formed to discuss "off pitch" matters. Pies, beer, clappers and the like....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think we've nearly reached 'Peak Pellegrino'. I'm paraphrasing, but basically:

-- [before Newcastle game]: "I believe we have the spirit to go into these important games."

-- [After Newcastle game]: "We didn't have the spirit & the players gave up."

All after another 7 (apparently useless) days on the training field.

You telling me this forum would have embraced a foreign manager with only Championship experience who just got the boot from Sheffield Wednesday? Hindsight a wonderful thing

Just had a glance at all the current managers in the Championship, right down to the two at the bottom Coleman and Clough. Any one of them would offer an immediate improvement on our current manager. I expect it would be same story in League One.......

This, in spades. Both Pardew and Pellegrino yesterday blamed the players. Pellegrino is responsible for 'spirit'. If the players are struggling for spirit and motivation, they need someone who can rouse them. That isn't Pellegrino. That comment was code for "get me out of here."

I do wonder if the board were hoping Pellegrino would resign, thus saving them having to pay compo. Mind that would now appear to be a very false economy.

This was the original post from mid October after our first game against newcastle

Here are a couple of replies on the first page...playing the man and not the ball

Writing a new manager or a team off after a couple of months remains the preserve of a consummate bed wetter. Dalek has been going on about 17th place for years. We might actually finish 17th this year but it doesn’t make him Mystic Meg. There are posters on here who have been saying that we will fail ever since Cortese left yet we continued to improve after he left. The league is full of clubs our size who go through good periods and poor periods. This season is a poor period. It was going to happen sometime.

Writing a new manager or a team off after a couple of months remains the preserve of a consummate bed wetter. Dalek has been going on about 17th place for years. We might actually finish 17th this year but it doesn’t make him Mystic Meg. There are posters on here who have been saying that we will fail ever since Cortese left yet we continued to improve after he left. The league is full of clubs our size who go through good periods and poor periods. This season is a poor period. It was going to happen sometime.

True - but eminently avoidable. Pellegrino's track record showed NOTHING in his past to justify anyone thinking he would be forward thinking and attacking. IN fact, the total opposite.

IT has been clear since the Wolves game at the start of the season that he is miles out of his depth. IT is pretty unanimous amongst pundits, fans, pretty much everyone that he is hopeless.

It;s now too late, IMO, for his firing to make any difference. Should have been fired months ago