Pellegrino OUT

Batman

It's gone past any type of knee-jerk reaction...... we're going nowhere at the moment.

I remember comments last season about how players were concerned how standards were slipping. So..... what are they doing now?

No apparent shape or style beyond slow, possession dullness. Can't see it improving sadly.

Finding the shoes are too big to fill following on from the quality Puel. What he managed to do with this squad was decent, Pellegrino with actual backing from the board in transfers is getting nowhere.

Agree with your second statement but you know full well your first statement is a filthy untruth and I'm a mug for biting on such blatant Glasgow-type trolling. Puel could have stuck with the high tempo football of the EFL Cup Final period but chose to go back to Barclays Walking Football and now this latest joker is carrying it on.

I'd rather have Nigel than either of them tbh. Shadows of him, Poch or Koeman.

Apart from Forster and Tadic, individual displays weren't that bad but tactics were shocking, could have scored another two or three first half but clearly plan to hold on like a League 2 side at Man City, at a promoted team in a local game FFS.

Players need to revolt from Reed and MP, play high tempo football in spite of them. MP can pick team and subs and that should be the limit of his responsibilities.

He can give an good interview,hopefully at the job centre

I'm not even inspired by those tbh. Can speak better English - or some - than Puel but that's about it. MP's interviews via interpreter weren't interesting either but his style of football reflected a strong personality on the pitch. Puel's style reflected the slow, dour nature and I'm to even sure what MP's style is at all or if Les Reed isn't really in charge.

Gao needs to make more work for Reed on the academy/infrastructure side and get a stronger manager in for Jan who has a profile, personality and style of his own. If Les won't do that than retirement beckons.

If I’m being honest, I think I’d rather Big Sam than Puellegrino, at least you know what you are going to get. He actually got Palace playing some decent football last year.

Unfortunately with Reed in charge, it won’t happen. Sack MP, get some cheap replacement from Europe who is the exact same.

Clearly out of his depth. Sitting back and trying to soak it up for 85 minutes after going a goal up against a shyte team. Jesus wept.

I agree but need to turn crowd apathy into more direct dissent at MP and Reed. Booing of Boufal substitution was right and proper but would have liked a chorus of 'you don't know what you're doing' with it. Let's take off our only creative player why not.

Les Reed bar one chant at West Ham game last season has escaped flak - time to change that.

Knew from the first game of the season at home to Swansea that he was not the right man. I had to laugh at people that day blindly convincing themselves that whilst we were held to a 0-0 draw at home against an almost certain relegation candidate, it was ‘definitely better than under Puel though’. Well that’s worked out well...

We’ve used 19 players this season, the second least behind Burnley. Considering how **** poor we have been all season, I think that’s astonishing. What exactly is he expecting to happen if we don’t ever change anything?

Also, Boufal was quiet today, he got 65 minutes and then he got hooked. He won’t start the next game. Tadic played 82 minutes and did absolutely **** all other than dive, on one occasion costing us a chance to break because he’d rather roll around and get the ball kicked out of play. Tadic will start the next game. It’s just astonishing, are we being trolled by this absolute clown?

That was a nonsense. Not sure if Pellegrino's fault or the players being lazy but that was a complete waste of time.

MP without a doubt. I think midway last season Puel reached a compromise about playing more high tempo and EFL final, Watford and Spurs away were the exciting results. Then Claude got stuck in a rut. Davis needs to call a meeting with Les Reed and tell him with all the players that we are going back to playing high tempo, it's what Southampton players and fans want. That's what we are doing, and will be making clear in our interviews. Either your puppets get with the programme or go.

VVD has shown the negative side of player power, let's benefit from it from a fans perspective for once.

If I’m being honest, I think I’d rather Big Sam than Puellegrino, at least you know what you are going to get. He actually got Palace playing some decent football last year.

Unfortunately with Reed in charge, it won’t happen. Sack MP, get some cheap replacement from Europe who is the exact same.

Allardyce has always mentioned having a better club than the ones he’s managed and he’s only going to consider a return to football if it’s of real interest to him. Surely with some of the players we have, particularly defensively, we could get him on board.

Fck off. Big fatty bangs on about respecting the point. Thinking he will serve up a feast of entertainment doesn’t happen. Okocha was a long time ago

MP without a doubt. I think midway last season Puel reached a compromise about playing more high tempo and EFL final, Watford and Spurs away were the exciting results. Then Claude got stuck in a rut. Davis needs to call a meeting with Les Reed and tell him with all the players that we are going back to playing high tempo, it's what Southampton players and fans want. That's what we are doing, and will be making clear in our interviews. Either your puppets get with the programme or go.

VVD has shown the negative side of player power, let's benefit from it from a fans perspective for once.

It was the players that largely forced Puel out though. A lot of them hated him and mugged him off. Rightly or wrongly, the club sided with the players but that's starting to look like the wrong decision.

Allardyce has always mentioned having a better club than the ones he’s managed and he’s only going to consider a return to football if it’s of real interest to him. Surely with some of the players we have, particularly defensively, we could get him on board.

It comes to something when Bfs starts to sound appealing :lol:

Players look disinterested and look like they can't be bothered to play for him. What happened to the high pressing, Hugh tempo football we used to serve up?

Been saying it for weeks this new manager is toilet! I'm dreading when we meet some tougher teams we quite frankly going to be smashed...

MP is a woeful manager and makes watching saints less appealing than playing in on coming traffic.

Easily one of the worst managers in the league....way out of his depth in the prem

Please, get rid

if I recall correctly you were very vocal about Puel

I am very unimpressed with the new manager, but the question remains who will we replace him with? We don’t nab managers off other teams. I think Nigel Adkins was the last.

Leicester looking energetic, pacey and actually rather good, so far.

And are now 1-0 up..... Makes a difference having players who can put it in the back of the net

It was the players that largely forced Puel out though. A lot of them hated him and mugged him off. Rightly or wrongly, the club sided with the players but that's starting to look like the wrong decision.

Yep the players got what they wanted but there has been little upturn in their performances this season.

We are so fucking slow it's unreal. Any chance to break today and Tadic, JWP, Davis et al came back inside and played it easy. We never ever take a risk, nobody plays a pass that might come off and might create something. We're a team full of complete snowflakes. No bollocks whatsoever.

Edited by LGTL

Yeah, I think you're giving the fans too easy a ride there. I'm not stating one way or the other about I felt, but fan discontent played a massive role in getting Puel axed. I think Les Reed would've stuck if not for all the booing and "attack attack attack" b*llocks".

When he was appointed we were told he was going to bring us exciting attacking football with high energy and taking the game to the opponents, what we are seeing is exactly the opposite. We couldn't be more opposite to that. The question is why.

http://readsouthampton.com/2017/06/24/les-reed-looks-forward-future-pellegrino/

The reality is there was nothing at Alaves to suggest that that's how we would play, either.

Yeah, I think you're giving the fans too easy a ride there. I'm not stating one way or the other about I felt, but fan discontent played a massive role in getting Puel axed. I think Les Reed would've stuck if not for all the booing and "attack attack attack" b*llocks".
agree

Also agree. IMO the fans were the main reason the board got rid with low ST sales and the constant booing. Love him or hate him, Reed is wise enough to see Puel was doing a decent job with our squad but took the easy scapegoat. Should've never got rid without a good appointment lined up.

I'm giving him the season at least as long as we aren't in relegation danger. Not a good start with the first 10 games we've had surely being the most favourable of all 20 teams in the division. To get rid of him now though would just be moronic. We'd be sacking managers every few weeks if some fans had their way.

I'm giving him the season at least as long as we aren't in relegation danger. Not a good start with the first 10 games we've had surely being the most favourable of all 20 teams in the division. To get rid of him now though would just be moronic. We'd be sacking managers every few weeks if some fans had their way.

I wouldn't even blink - Get rid now...........way out of his depth.

We should not entertain even the possibility of a Koeman return. He's burnt his bridges, and he would only use us as a stepping stone. No thanks.

Agreed. The club surely would not entertain the thought of dealing with him and his agent after the manner of his departure, and its knock on affect with the VVD fiasco this summer. Koeman’s been found out at Everton.

On another note, I wonder how long before Pellegrino gets the “you don’t know what you’re doing” chants when he makes his subs.

I noted the pundits comment that Puel said he would not change much today. After that .... more possession football? More defensive approach?

I don't think Puel can be complimented or castigated for today's performance. It was against a woeful Everton side.

But he does have fast direct attacking players something he didn't have here. We still don't

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On another note, I wonder how long before Pellegrino gets the “you don’t know what you’re doing” chants when he makes his subs.

They should have started today. I wanted Puel out but not to bring in an almost identical manager, and the problem now is that when MP gets sacked Reed will just appoint another manager like them. This is how Reed wants us to play and we're just going to have to accept it

What exactly is the Southampton style of play under Reed though? We saw a great style under Koeman, Poch and Adkins, but Puel and Pellegrino have changed it completely - so there's no consistent Reed methodology in evidence. Pellegrino's post match interviews consistently dwell on 'controlling the game', which is another term for holding on to the ball but doing **** all with it. He won't change - he needs to go or its another lost season of Mogadon football. One up front and Redmond and/or Tadic virtually every game. The bloke simply refuses to learn or change.

What exactly is the Southampton style of play under Reed though? We saw a great style under Koeman, Poch and Adkins, but Puel and Pellegrino have changed it completely - so there's no consistent Reed methodology in evidence. Pellegrino's post match interviews consistently dwell on 'controlling the game', which is another term for holding on to the ball but doing **** all with it. He won't change - he needs to go or its another lost season of Mogadon football. One up front and Redmond and/or Tadic virtually every game. The bloke simply refuses to learn or change.

I can't say I remember a "consistent methodology" across Adkins, Koeman and Pochettino but maybe that's just me.

Edited by CB Fry

When he was appointed we were told he was going to bring us exciting attacking football with high energy and taking the game to the opponents, what we are seeing is exactly the opposite. We couldn't be more opposite to that. The question is why.

http://readsouthampton.com/2017/06/24/les-reed-looks-forward-future-pellegrino/

That was just to boost some very worrying slow season tickets sales for the club. With the numbing football on offer and a progressively dull fanbase, they might not get away with it next time. Ain't much fun right now.

I wouldn't even blink - Get rid now...........way out of his depth.

I.m not normally one for an early call - but he has to go. MP doesn't look like a Manager who can cut it in this league. The squad has also been ridiculously weakened, but it's hard to believe someone else couldn't do better.

I.m not normally one for an early call - but he has to go. MP doesn't look like a Manager who can cut it in this league. The squad has also been ridiculously weakened, but it's hard to believe someone else couldn't do better.

He is utter ****.

It’s the hope that kills me as I keep thinking we will go on and score another goal to put the game to bed.

Boring, predictable and **** up.

Also agree. IMO the fans were the main reason the board got rid with low ST sales and the constant booing. Love him or hate him, Reed is wise enough to see Puel was doing a decent job with our squad but took the easy scapegoat. Should've never got rid without a good appointment lined up.
Did KL start to worry her big payday was in danger due to the falling S/T sales and so acted? Wouldn't have looked good for the prospective sale of the club if the revenues were seen to be dropping