Pellegrino OUT

Batman

The fact that this guy is dire doesn't justify a revisionist history of Puel. We have had 2 managerial failures on the trot and someone higher needs to take the blame.

Absolutely.

Some horrendous re-writing of history going on. Puel was ****ing dire, especially for the last 4 months of the season and I'd rather Sammy Saint took charge then have him back.

That, however, doesn't make MP any less awful.

End of the road for me if Fat Sam is appointed. A club can stand a few well intentioned mistakes but hiring him would represent a 100% loss of integrity & any success on the pitch would be worthless and empty.

I was about to say that I would accept just about anyone!.....but yeah.

Absolutely.

Some horrendous re-writing of history going on. Puel was ****ing dire, especially for the last 4 months of the season and I'd rather Sammy Saint took charge then have him back.

No rewriting needed. His record is there for all to see. I doubt Sammy Saint could get us higher than 8th, seeing as even Poch couldn’t manage that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

something we probably won’t see again. Big mouth Charlie’s got a manager sacked, who could have made a decent team. Having Gabbi and VVD for the last part of the season would have made a difference.Add to that he could have got a striker in the summer
If that's true why haven't the big mouth Charlie's got Forster replaced? Do you think the fans expected a good replacement after the success of Pardew Adkins Poch and Koeman?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy to admit that I made a mistake as far as Puel is concerned, although I still think his football was terrible to watch. Replacing him with quality would have been acceptable. Replacing him with somebody who isn't fit to manage the reserves is a different story.
Claud Puel could be the manager that relegates us this season. Karma...!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

You're the one rewriting history, weird.

Plenty of good results and performances last season , particularly away.

I don't buy that he will come good in January, we have the players to be doing a lot better than we are.

This time we need to take decisive action sooner rather than later or we could be in real trouble, reed took a huge gamble on pelligrino his CV clearly wasn't any better than puels & it's backfired majorly.

Do the decent thing & get a proven respected manager in now that really will get us back to at least trying to play attacking football... But who?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You're the one rewriting history, weird.

Plenty of good results and performances last season , particularly away.

That's funny because I was at every one and I don't remember many.

Maybe you're talking about Prague, Israel, Milan, Swansea, Everton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Hull, Man Utd.... oh how I dream about those away games.

I'll give you Sunderland (who are now bottom of the Champ) West Ham and Bournemouth, but apart from those three I think it's you re-writing history after all.

Maybe you're talking about Prague, Israel, Milan, Swansea, Everton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Hull, Man Utd.... oh how I dream about those away games.

I'll give you Sunderland (who are now bottom of the Champ) West Ham and Bournemouth, but apart from those three I think it's you re-writing history after all.

Well you obviously didn't watch some of those games - instead moronically working backwards from the games we lost. Any idiot with a list of results can do that. Now if you had actually watched the games, you would have acknowledged that we were the better side at Hull, Everton, Swansea, Burnley etc. Often by a large margin.

Edited by shurlock

Well you obviously didn't watch some of those games - instead moronically working backwards from the games we lost. We were much the better side at Hull, Everton, Swansea, Burnley etc.

Ummm, we were the better side at Everton?! We got spanked 3-0.

Well you obviously didn't watch some of those games - instead moronically working backwards from the games we lost. We were much the better side at Hull, Everton, Swansea, Burnley etc.

The last game I watched sober was about 2004 so you're probably right.

The Everton shout is absolute bonkers though.

The fact that this guy is dire doesn't justify a revisionist history of Puel. We have had 2 managerial failures on the trot and someone higher needs to take the blame.

The problem is he's worse than Puel. If Pellegrino was Les Reed's best option when he was considering changing the managerial position, then he should not have fired Puel.

what ever happened last season. MP is even worse than Puel...

MP is totally and utterly out of his depth in the premier league and we will go down if he stays all season.

he has the tools now for us to be much better. We are not the sort of club to throw money at a problem....so either we improve drastically, or MP has to go and go quickly

The score flattered them as we conceded two late goals. Up until their opener (and even after it), we created the better chances and controlled the game.

You mean we huffed and puffed, couldn’t score and then fell apart when the opposition sensed we were there for the taking? If that’s counts as controlling the game and being the better side then you’re as deluded as MP in his post match comments today.

You mean we huffed and puffed, couldn’t score and then fell apart when the opposition sensed we were there for the taking? If that’s counts as controlling the game and being the better side then you’re as deluded as MP in his post match comments today.

No we missed some excellent chances through Jrod, Redmond and Romeu. We tired late on and gave away a silly pen; but Everton were bang average.

WBA, Watford, Boro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is he's worse than Puel. If Pellegrino was Les Reed's best option when he was considering changing the managerial position, then he should not have fired Puel.

This if you get rid of a manager it's to replace him with better we quite clearly haven't done that and, amazingly, look worse than the end of last season.

what ever happened last season. MP is even worse than Puel...

MP is totally and utterly out of his depth in the premier league and we will go down if he stays all season.

he has the tools now for us to be much better. We are not the sort of club to throw money at a problem....so either we improve drastically, or MP has to go and go quickly

Now I raised his lack of premier league experience before he was appointed. I was assured by the forum experts that as he'd been assistant to Benitez at Scouse, then he had all the experience needed. Thing is we ain't in 2007 any more and the PL has vastly changed as many managers are finding out just now.

However, clubs just cannot keep on hiring managers and sacking them a few months afterwards. That has to change really. Perhaps it's the people choosing the managers that need to change at this time.

Did he really say that?

Pretty damning if he did.

yes he certainly did, think he said it twice but definitely when talking about taking Gabby off, playing with one up front etc.

Spoke a lot of sense tonight did Dave, he was fuming though and said what we all know that the Everton game is a must win with Liverpool and Man City either side of it.

Sacking Puel was a dumb thing to do. Now that we have we need to stick with the manager that we have because there is no real guarantee that whoever we appoint will be any better.

And here is the problem.

The club gambled that they'd get my their man and he said no. The 2nd choice didn't get the boot and the 3rd choice went to Watford.

We're left with an absolute muppet who is so out of his depth it's scary.

The club has utterly fu_cked up. Utterly.

Who was second choice?

They shouldn't have re-signed Roose the Booze.

Koeman has done an absolutely horrific job there. They signed a glut of AMs, failed to address an ageing back four (and made it worse by signing Williams), have little pace outside a crocked Bolasie and Lennon and obviously didn’t replace Lukaku. Outside of CM, the lack of balance is dysfunctional.

Koeman has done an absolutely horrific job there. They signed a glut of AMs, failed to address an ageing back four, have little pace outside a crocked Bolasie and Lennon and obviously didn’t replace Lukaku. Outside of CM, the lack of balance is dysfunctional.

They did buy Keane though, thought he started quite well. Just seems to have all collapsed like a house of cards. Perhaps Unsworth has been trying to get the job in the background for a while now. Know nothing about him really but seems if he might be that sort of bloke.

As a consistent critic of the decision to sack Puel, following a season where some of our less intelligent fans didn’t seem to be able to factor in that:

- we played over 50 games with European travel

- went on a glorious run to Wembley (where we were robbed) failing to concede a goal against all PL opposition and winnin away at Liverpool and Arsenal

- finished comfortably below three teams who, unusually for them, didn’t have European football (Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea)

- sold Pelle and Mane

- missed VVD for half the season

- brought through McQueen, Sims, Hesketh, Stephens and developed Romeo, Redmond and JWP (the latter two earning England call up)

- bizarrely faced three home games in the fag end of a tired May

I hope people can now stare at what a mess we are in. Following the humiliation to Wolves Reserves, MP has week in, week out, coaching on the training pitch with no distractions. The entertainment BOTH home and away is lower than last season. We have wasted many winnable games, and we are now staring at being in the drop zone once our horrific fixture list plays out over the coming weeks. And, with Wet Spam game rearranged, we will have to play more away game soon than home in the new year.

It is good to see that one or to are honest enough to say that they were too hasty calling for Puel to be fired. But many would rather eat glass than say it.

The biggest irony, and to be fair if tru is the most compelling reason to have sacked Puel, is that allegedly some players were unhappy. Well those same players must be truly delighted right now then. I assume the are performing highly and must always be listened and pandered to.

I have only ever called for Branfoot, Gray and Wigley to go. I really that unless we act quickly and fire MP we will be relegated. With a considerably easier hand to play than Puel, he isn’t failing miserably. Of the remaining eight teams we are yet to play, six are against last season’s top seven. Add the points you expect from them, plus Bournemouth away and, yes, Puel’s Leicester, add it to 13 and double it.

Do you get to more than 40?

Subbing off Boufal in injury time while a goal down said it all for me.

big Boufal fan here, but even I'd have to admit that he looked tired after 70 minutes and was walking forward (whilst we were breaking I might add) shortly before he was subbed, so think its harsh to moan at MP for that substitution. If we'd scored from one of JWP more effective crosses at the death would that have said it all then?