Pellegrino OUT

Batman

I thought he was a fraud and not good enough for SFC?

What have Everton been smoking??

TBF they lost out on Moyes and Puel to more ambitious clubs, Big Sam made it clear he wasn't interested and their attempts to land Diego Simeone haven't gone well so now they are desperately trying to land their 4th choice give it a couple more weeks and they'll probably try for MoPe...

TBF they lost out on Moyes and Puel to more ambitious clubs, Big Sam made it clear he wasn't interested and their attempts to land Diego Simeone haven't gone well so now they are desperately trying to land their 4th choice give it a couple more weeks and they'll probably try for MoPe...

interesting that they went for Silva before Pellegrino.

very surprised at that. :|

Watford are considering reporting Everton for tapping up Silva, and Allardyce withdrew his interest in coaching the dugout pioneers when it became clear he was not their first choice:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-sam-allardyce-11527326

There must be something in the water up there on Merseyside. Two clubs who think they can do what they like.

Maybe he is performing the way the boss wants. Just as Puel did.

Don't be soft. Three of the last four managers have had very different styles - Blindingly obvious that Reed leaves them to their own style....... Which in this case is unfortunate.

What I can't understand in these situations is how however many thousands of us fans, plus media etc can see that we are utterly dull and an impotent attaching force playing he way we are....and yet the manager can't. In the same way we can all see that Forster is pants right now and has been for a while, and yet still plays him week in week out.

Agree with the above staff are being paid good salaries and cannot see that we are crap? players being played out of position.....

Sack this tool now before we get relegated....... He obviously is out of depth anyone who can't see that is a clown.... Saints have gone backwards. Attacking football? Pfffffft my farts have more threat and I see more movement up top in my 5 a side games. We are dogsh#t.

I have said it before, if people really want the club to take notice then stop attending for a while. As long as we have an almost full stadium for every home game, the club will be reasonably happy with whatever dross is being served up. What they will not tolerate is the sight of loads of empty seats on live or highlight tv coverage.

I’ll play devil’s advocate and say that his defensive, have our attackers mark defenders while we’re attacking style might be OK for an away game against Liverpool, if we’re content with going for a goalless draw.

It is, of course completely inappropriate when playing Burnley at home.

The man is mad. Redmond, Tadic, Boufal, Davis, JWP and Hojbjerg will never be regular goalscorers. The whole team have managed only six from play in 12 games including Wolves second team. Each week he plays one striker and three from the above list that are not going to suddenly start scoring goals. None of the six make runs up with and beyond the strikers, all of the six are ball recyclers although Boufal and Hojbjerg have other talents. Playing the ultra cautious game demanded by this manager is ridiculous if he thinks we are going to move forward continuing to play that way with these players.

He will have to play more goal scorers and a more attacking style, if he doesn't he has to go. The only caveat, he might be reprieved if this way of playing brings more points away than at home, however that isn't going to satisfy the home support. He must be on borrowed time because we just cannot survive with the inability to score and win regularly at home.

The man is mad. Redmond, Tadic, Boufal, Davis, JWP and Hojbjerg will never be regular goalscorers. The whole team have managed only six from play in 12 games including Wolves second team. Each week he plays one striker and three from the above list that are not going to suddenly start scoring goals. None of the six make runs up with and beyond the strikers, all of the six are ball recyclers although Boufal and Hojbjerg have other talents. Playing the ultra cautious game demanded by this manager is ridiculous if he thinks we are going to move forward continuing to play that way with these players.

He will have to play more goal scorers and a more attacking style, if he doesn't he has to go. The only caveat, he might be reprieved if this way of playing brings more points away than at home, however that isn't going to satisfy the home support. He must be on borrowed time because we just cannot survive with the inability to score and win regularly at home.

Who are these mythical goal scorers he needs to play? You've named more than half the attacking minded players in the squad as non goal scorers (amazingly you missed Shane "28 games and counting" Long off that list) so by my count that leaves Austin and Gabbi left that you can class as goal scorers. You really believe playing those two up top will make all the difference? The way I see it if you naming six out of our nine attacking players as not good enough you have to question the state of our current squad and weather this all just down to the manager.

He will have to play more goal scorers and a more attacking style, if he doesn't he has to go.

So who do you suggest he plays? There are no players who are regular goal scorers in the squad (with the exception of Gabbi, who isn't exactly regular and Austin, who isn't exactly fit and available regularly). Long is a regular non-scorer. So if MP is mad, what is your solution? He is not mad because he plays them. he may be mad for other reasons, granted.

Personally I think its time to use McQueen and/or Sims (if fit) instead of the hopeless Redmond and Tadic. They cannot be any less effective. At least Sims is direct and quick (if fit) and doesn't seem to have had his attacking mindedness coached out of him by Puel. We need some injection in the January transfer window but until then only these two are options over and above what MP currently has at his disposal.

Our attackers so far:

Every time I have seen CA this season he has looked slow, fat and cumbersome, can't do any spade work, needs it on a plate.

Every time I have seen SL this season he has looked fast, sleek and erratic, panics once in decent positions, can't finish.

Every time I have seen MG this season he has looked fast, decisive but lost, nobody finds him.

It sure ain't pretty and we won't score until we sort it.

So essentially we have a technically gifted player in the form of Gabba. However the rest of our attack is gash and the midfield lacks the ability / intelligence to link up with him.

Not just the manager which is bargain basement.... This squad needs serious surgery. We need to stop going for players with potential and get a few lads in who can hit the ground running and possibly actually have a track record of doing something productive in the Prem.....

So essentially we have a technically gifted player in the form of Gabba. However the rest of our attack is gash and the midfield lacks the ability / intelligence to link up with him.

Same with Chung Lee.

Great player....squad weren't good enough to pick out his runs.

The only way I could see this guy's style having any chance of succeeding is to buy a top quality goal scoring no 9 which would cost a small fortune.

Cannot see SFC doing that so why delay getting rid - his negativity is strangling the team. We couldn't do any worse if he wasn't there.

Now entering a period where we will do very well but be unlucky to lose every game against the bigger clubs. Which will be enough for him to get the benefit of the doubt with the Board. Going to be a relegation dogfight in 2018, and I think I can see where that will end with this stubborn Gimp.

I thought gimps were meant to be submissive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he starts Redmond and Tadic then I have very serious reservations about his tactical credibility.When is he going to bring in a couple of the youngsters?They have to be more motivated than the aforementioned two.
At least one of them will start because they are better than anyone else we have.

Who are these fabled "youngsters"?

Sims, who is injured?

McQueen, who is a left back?

The new Bale that we have all missed apart from you?

Please, do tell.

At least one of them will start because they are better than anyone else we have.

Sims, who is injured?

Please, do tell.

Hesketh training with the team this week wasn't he ?

Sims, who is injured?

Please, do tell.

McQueen isn't left back though is he? He is wide player who got pushed into the full back role last year, when we were short of options, and did a decent enough job.

You could quite easily replace Redmond with McQueen. How much difference it would make is open to debate but it's certainly an option.

"In 25 minutes against Burnley we played well but I know it will be difficult and tough – we are playing a good side"

Wow, a whole 25 minutes we played well against a Burnley side, at home! What about the other 65 minutes, you know, the MAJORITY of the game??

I'm not a big fan of churning managers every 5 minutes but I think old Les fecked up appointing this bloke, he just doesn't know what he is doing.

Maybe it's me but he doesn't really make a lot of sense and it's all a bit vacuous.

At last somebody saying how it really is. How can he even begin to promote the dross he is responsible for as playing well and going in the right direction. Even worse if he really believes it. Three penalties, two or three after corners, one from a free kick that hit the crossbar, in a total of nine goals in twelve matches including losing to Wolves seconds. We are in deep trouble and the band plays on while the ship sinks. I don't want to hear any more meaningless bull**** I want to see a change on the pitch. We have been talking ourselves up since August and all of it turns out to be so much garbage.

At last somebody saying how it really is. How can he even begin to promote the dross he is responsible for as playing well and going in the right direction. Even worse if he really believes it. Three penalties, two or three after corners, one from a free kick that hit the crossbar, in a total of nine goals in twelve matches including losing to Wolves seconds. We are in deep trouble and the band plays on while the ship sinks. I don't want to hear any more meaningless bull**** I want to see a change on the pitch. We have been talking ourselves up since August and all of it turns out to be so much garbage.

True this.

His comments this week read a little like last hurrah...trying to put a positive spin around things. Wouldn't surprise me to see an Adkins-type exit in a couple of weeks with the new guy coming straight in. Or was that a Cortese-led situation?