Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Didn’t we turn down Rudi Garcia and Manuel Pellegrini after Koeman left? Last summer I cannot remember if we were linked to any other managers, except that Tuchel turned us down.

If we stay up and sack Pellegrino, the board have to spend significant to convince a decent manager to come over and manage us.

I think we rejected Pellegrini, but Rudi Garcia rejected us (or put himself out of the running!)- could be wrong!

Just stop going on about him. Turn your attention to supporting the team. We've lost one f the last eight someone said, if that's true we should be ok. The problem is at home and judging by this forum I think I know why

Have won 1 game in over 15.

Can't remember who said it but 'draws kill you eventually'.

If this league was any good we'd be 10 points adrift. It is an astonishingly horrendous league populated by, in the main, boring, dull, low quality teams.

Can you name a league in world football that has better quality squads in the bottom 10 clubs?

Lots of teams being close in points at the bottom of the league does by default mean the league quality is bad. It shows they are of similar(ish) quality.

Can you name a league in world football that has better quality squads in the bottom 10 clubs?

Lots of teams being close in points at the bottom of the league does by default mean the league quality is bad. It shows they are of similar(ish) quality.

I'm not interested in other leagues, couldn't give a toss about them. Perhaps they're all mostly crap too?

I'm not interested in other leagues, couldn't give a toss about them. Perhaps they're all mostly crap too?

Is being well organised and hard to beat being crap? Because that s what most of the bottom 10 clubs are but I wouldn't call them crap as quality of squads is way above equivalent in other leagues.

Plus name a time or a year where bottom 10 clubs were not crap by your reasoning?

The lack of available replacement options is one of the things keeping Pardew in a job with WBA, right now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/25/alan-pardew-faces-crunch-match-against-watford-could-bring-west/

Many of the replacements mentioned in this article are familiar. Silva is not interested, apparently and Hughes and Bilic are not under consideration.

If this league was any good we'd be 10 points adrift. It is an astonishingly horrendous league populated by, in the main, boring, dull, low quality teams.

That's what happens when you get about six teams who are basically in a different league to all the also rans....

Because he got us 8th and a cup final with our best player and our best goalscorer out for most of the season?
None of that means we couldn't have employed a replacement that would do better than Pellegrino has.

We very obviously could have done that - Puel's sacking is not the issue. His dreadful replacement is.

In fairness given our non performance in Europa I am not convinced by this argument. Highly paid players yes.

Especially written for people like you. Please read it this time.

“People like me “. Nice. Well I read it, and guess what ? It proves nothing. Reed had an opportunity to correct a mistake in appointing Puel by appointing someone decent. He did the right thing firing Puel, then f**ked up by appointing MoPe. You inferred the mistake was firing Puel. Well, thats b*ll*cks.

If we had turned a few draws into wins then we would be comfortably mid-table. That's the problem with MP - he sets us up safety first. Fortune favours the brave, a saying that is obviously not in his dictionary. I would have thought old Ralph with his management speak could have told him about the benefits of 'lessons learned.' Unfortunately, MP does not learn, which is why we are all hacked off with him. I would rather go down all guns blazing like Blackpool did rather than watch us meekly surrender in this way. If we do not beat Stoke then that is it in my opinion. 3 wins and 2 draws are needed for survival.

“People like me “. Nice. Well I read it, and guess what ? It proves nothing. Reed had an opportunity to correct a mistake in appointing Puel by appointing someone decent. He did the right thing firing Puel, then f**ked up by appointing MoPe. You inferred the mistake was firing Puel. Well, thats b*ll*cks.

Reed basically did the equivalent of cheating on his wife in Amsterdam then apologizing by having a 3some in Prague.

Les Reed is a **** and the disease we need to cut out asap

In fairness he tried and the 'someone decent' rejected us at a late stage, by which point MoPe was the only option.

However, he should have admitted his obvious mistake earlier and MoPe should have gone 3/4 months ago. Unfortunately our board to too stubborn to admit their mistake and will leave it too late.

Is being well organised and hard to beat being crap? Because that s what most of the bottom 10 clubs are but I wouldn't call them crap as quality of squads is way above equivalent in other leagues.

Plus name a time or a year where bottom 10 clubs were not crap by your reasoning?

I think to call a squad or a team is crap is perhaps stating the obvious, otherwise they wouldn't/shouldn't be in a relegation struggle. But I think what some people mean by crap is the quality of the football, which for a lot of teams, is crap. Burnley have had a fantastic season results wise, but their football is not exactly open and attractive, being based on a solid defence, especially at the start of the season, and winning many games 1-0. Our football has been crap and uninspiring for the last 2 seasons, and, to be honest, for times before that.

Problem at the root is that there is too much money and too much to lose by getting relegated. FFP means the rich get richer, can afford to cherry pick whichever player they want from whoever they want, and get better quality players, leaving the rest scrabbling around for the more mediocre players, trying to find those gems that they know will be sold off for profit in future. Fear of relegation creates fear on the pitch and in the stands. Someone on 5Live last night described the premier league as brilliant quality, because teams are doing well in champions league this year. Sums up the media, not looking at the poor quality down below those top 6 clubs. Yes, some clubs have played reasonable football at times, and had a go at the top teams, but the general rule appears to be to not lose, keep on picking up the points, be tight, safety first, which is boring.

I personally would be hugely in favour of the top 5 or 6 buggering off, and establishing their market busting european mega league, so that for the rest left behind, there is the chance to fight for a title. Bring back a European Cup for the winners of national leagues. Let the champions league be a proper league. Europa league from the 2 - 5th in each top flight, or however the number stack up. I know people throw Leicester into the mix, but we all know that was a fluke when they won the league, as they had a perfect season of good players having the seasons of their lives, and the top teams being in transition and falling below their standards. Having teams go out to win something will lead to a more exciting match on the pitch, or at least it should. It is a dream anyway. In the meantime, with the cost of failure so high, we can't really expect to see a massive change.

Will still support the saints though, whatever. Just a disease isn't it.

The lack of available replacement options is one of the things keeping Pardew in a job with WBA, right now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/25/alan-pardew-faces-crunch-match-against-watford-could-bring-west/

Many of the replacements mentioned in this article are familiar. Silva is not interested, apparently and Hughes and Bilic are not under consideration.

I wonder if Silva has already told Saints he's not interested in that job either.......?

He will go to Everton in the summer in the mean time he is having a nice holiday.

Probably. I think that any half decent manager knows that there is another job just around the corner. Why would you even think about giving yourself a hill to climb like West Brom or us even, when there are far more comfortable strolls that will become available as well.

I wonder if Silva has already told Saints he's not interested in that job either.......?

I read another article (can’t remember where) which stated that Silva was a non-starter for them because he views himself as being above W.Brom’s station. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has the same attitude to Saints. I can see Allardyce getting the sack in the summer, and being replaced by Silva. Everton and Silva probably deserve each other.

Assuming that the club’s plan is to stick with Pellegrino to the bitter end this season, I wouldn’t want a mercenary like Silva to join in the summer. I only really liked him as an emergency short-term option to dig the team out of trouble, but the club does not seem to recognize that we’re in an emergency.

Only managers on the scrap heap would be interested in the Saints job at this stage of the season. Thank's to Les' dithering we are left with a choice of two massive gambles - Stick with Pelligrino or take a punt on someone with a sh!t CV who has nothing to lose.

I like the sound of the **** CV with nothing to lose option :lol:

Only managers on the scrap heap would be interested in the Saints job at this stage of the season. Thank's to Les' dithering we are left with a choice of two massive gambles - Stick with Pelligrino or take a punt on someone with a sh!t CV who has nothing to lose.

Sadly, the latter option still seems like an upgrade...

Thank's to Les' dithering we are left with a choice of two massive gambles - Stick with Pelligrino or take a punt on someone with a sh!t CV who has nothing to lose.

But he hasn’t dithered. Dithering would be being unsure, deciding he wants rid one minute before changing his mind the next. There is absolutely no evidence at all of this. He’s been pretty steadfast, Pel is stating, end of. Your definition of dithering appears to be, doing something you’re against.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read another article (can’t remember where) which stated that Silva was a non-starter for them because he views himself as being above W.Brom’s station. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has the same attitude to Saints. I can see Allardyce getting the sack in the summer, and being replaced by Silva. Everton and Silva probably deserve each other.

Assuming that the club’s plan is to stick with Pellegrino to the bitter end this season, I wouldn’t want a mercenary like Silva to join in the summer. I only really liked him as an emergency short-term option to dig the team out of trouble, but the club does not seem to recognize that we’re in an emergency.

Just a hunch, but if the summer is anything to go by, Silva would definitely want to come here. That being said, the Everton interest may persuade him to stay out of football for a short while.

I'd have thought the Saints job would be attractive to any half decent manager from the higher echelons of the Championship downwards. If/when we do go down, at this stage little blame to the incoming man, and the possibility of keeping us up and getting all the credit....

Sven?

If you’re referring to the reindeer from Frozen, yes he would probably be slightly better than Pellegrino.

If you’re referring to the former England manager, well I suppose he couldn’t be much worse.

As has been stated previously, it unfortunately looks like Pellegrino’s here to stay for the duration of the season.

But he hasn’t dithered. Dithering would be being unsure, deciding he wants rid one minute before changing his mind the next. There is absolutely no evidence at all of this. He’s been pretty steadfast, Pel is stating, end of. Your definition of dithering appears to be, doing something you’re against.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he’s probably dithered, there is no way of proving either way though of course - all we all do is speculate.