Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Could indeed be the case. Just like West Brom. They have probably tested the waters and found the response to be 'too late to save.' Hence Pardew is still there. He said he would ask "upstairs" what they want to do next, but he will be told "just do your best til the end of the season." We could similarly be approaching Death Row.

That's the way I'd see it. There are no obvious candidates for instant success. We still have every chance of not being in the bottom 3 at the end of the season and it's probably best just to do nothing right now. WBA are already gone, Stoke will join them and that just leaves one place.

That's the way I'd see it. There are no obvious candidates for instant success. We still have every chance of not being in the bottom 3 at the end of the season and it's probably best just to do nothing right now. WBA are already gone, Stoke will join them and that just leaves one place.

Utterly deluded.

Anything is better than this guy, even just sacking him will give the fan base a boost. There's no justifiable reason for keeping him what so ever.

It must be almost time for another one of those Jeremy Wilson puff pieces in the Telegraph explaining why one of the worst managers in the history of the club if not the Premier League, remains employed with Saints.

It might be useful to have a bingo card ready so we can look out for the usual phrases like “the first team is training well”, “the Virgil van Dijk situation made it difficult for the manager”, “lack of replacement options”, “performed better than the results indicate”, “the performances are improving”, “the players like and are behind the manager” and “the club are concerned by results and league position”.

If the club come out and say that it is too late to make a change at this point in the season, I may spontaneously combust.

We’ve more chance of picking up home points with him gone. The atmosphere will improve whoever replaces him.

My view is there’s 3 types of appointment we can make.

1) Short term end of season, then thanks goodbye. Players pick up on that and our lazy arrogant twts particularly. If you’ve got the personality or standing in the game, a Hiddick or Benetez you can get away with it, but if not the players will take the ****.

2) Short term, keep us up and the jobs yours. Problem with that is you’re sometimes lumbered with someone totally unsuitable long term. Everton-Fat Sam, springs to mind.

3) The man we want, regardless of what division we’re in. Problem with this option is he maybe in a job or unwilling to join at this stage of season.

It’s a delicate balancing act, but if it was me I’d get Mark Hughes or someone similar, tell them the gigs there’s if we stay up. Then ruthlessly bin him for my preferred option in the summer if he does keep us up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It must be almost time for another one of those Jeremy Wilson puff pieces in the Telegraph explaining why one of the worst managers in the history of the club if not the Premier League, remains employed with Saints.

It might be useful to have a bingo card ready so we can look out for the usual phrases like “the first team is training well”, “the Virgil van Dijk situation made it difficult for the manager”, “lack of replacement options”, “performed better than the results indicate”, “the performances are improving”, “the players like and are behind the manager” and “the club are concerned by results and league position”.

If the club come out and say that it is too late to make a change at this point in the season, I may spontaneously combust.

If the club come out and say anything at all- which I doubt- then that is exactly what they will say. Probably something about continuity being important for the remainder of the season too.

‘While Pellegrino retains the full support of the board, a sense of urgency is developing about the situation...’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘While Pellegrino retains the full support of the board, a sense of urgency is developing about the situation...’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Whilst the board are aware of the serious situation, they are relaxed and confident that Pellegrino will be able to get the necessary results over the remainder of the season."

PARTLY?!

99.9999999999%

The rest of those hiring him and not sacking him months ago.

Agreed, but the board have played a big part in this as Pellegrino showed nothing in his portfolio to suggest he could do a job here, they tried to strike lucky again as they did with Poch and it has backfired massively.

Secondly, their reluctance to get shot of him when it was patently clear he was not up to the job is negligent to say the least, and to continue that stance is disastrous.

Yes Pellegrino is totally unsuitable and way way out of his depth, but the board hired him and in my book they should take the lion share of blame.

Adam Blackmore Tweeted: With 3 weeks until the next @premierleague matches, now is the last sensible chance for #saintsfc board to act and find a new manager. Marco Silva has shown he can galvanise a squad in the short term at least - Saints have nothing to lose by acting now apart from face imho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed, but the board have played a big part in this as Pellegrino showed nothing in his portfolio to suggest he could do a job here, they tried to strike lucky again as they did with Poch and it has backfired massively.

Secondly, their reluctance to get shot of him when it was patently clear he was not up to the job is negligent to say the least, and to continue that stance is disastrous.

Yes Pellegrino is totally unsuitable and way way out of his depth, but the board hired him and in my book they should take the lion share of blame.

It is the Board's decisions that have led to this. But in more recent months, they may have had their decision taking hampered by the new majority owner, Gao. If that is the case, then some of them should resign to protect their own reputations. As far as I can see, none of the Directors on this Board have ever previously worked with Gao. Gao does not appear to have his own people on this Board, but I stand to be corrected on that point.

Adam Blackmore Tweeted: With 3 weeks until the next @premierleague matches, now is the last sensible chance for #saintsfc board to act and find a new manager. Marco Silva has shown he can galvanise a squad in the short term at least - Saints have nothing to lose by acting now apart from face imho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well said Adam, but I fear that the board are far too clever and good at football matters to listen to the advice of others.

If by some miracle we stay up this season and pellegrino goes in the close season, what’s the odds that Les will dither around until July to find a replacement?

Like he did last season when missing out on several targets.

Its the same when it comes to buying players too.

IMHO Les is finding it increasingly harder to buy players these days and does not have the finishing touch anymore.

Promes is a fine example.

If by some miracle we stay up this season and pellegrino goes in the close season, what’s the odds that Les will dither around until July to find a replacement?

Personally I am looking forward to the ITK leaking and rumour mongering of a high profile manager we have absolutely no chance of hiring but still spend four weeks going on about it. It's a summer tradition already. A freshly sacked Unai Emery maybe? Tuchel again?

Personally I am looking forward to the ITK leaking and rumour mongering of a high profile manager we have absolutely no chance of hiring but still spend four weeks going on about it. It's a summer tradition already. A freshly sacked Unai Emery maybe? Tuchel again?

Anyhow the result will be about the same in all cases. The PL's voracious manager mill has run out of fodder. That's why outcast failures like Lambert and Pardew can still get jobs.

Don't forget Brendan Rogers, he'd be a very realistic target, stepping up from CL football to the Championship would be a good step forward for him.

Interesting that Jon Whitney has just been sacked by Walsall. Sky Sports News have just said they are 14th in the league but have lost four of the last five games, including away at second placed Shrewsbury on Saturday.

Seems a bit harsh to me as they are 6 points above the drop zone. I think it just sums up the ineptness of our board to allow a manager with 1 win 17 games with far greater resources than Walsall have to remain in a job. Maybe if we were playing attractive football and losing 3-2 or 4-3 every week, maybe our fans would be a tad more lenient but the football is dull and uninspiring.

It is hard to say what would have a bigger impact on the respective clubs, Walsalll going down to league 2 or Saints going down to the Championship. However, I think our manager has done a lot worse than a young role manager.

Interesting that Jon Whitney has just been sacked by Walsall. Sky Sports News have just said they are 14th in the league but have lost four of the last five games, including away at second placed Shrewsbury on Saturday.

Seems a bit harsh to me as they are 6 points above the drop zone. I think it just sums up the ineptness of our board to allow a manager with 1 win 17 games with far greater resources than Walsall have to remain in a job. Maybe if we were playing attractive football and losing 3-2 or 4-3 every week, maybe our fans would be a tad more lenient but the football is dull and uninspiring.

It is hard to say what would have a bigger impact on the respective clubs, Walsalll going down to league 2 or Saints going down to the Championship. However, I think our manager has done a lot worse than a young role manager.

I'll take Jon Whitney over Pellegrino at this moment.

The only team in this league that has less of a chance of surviving than us is West Brom. We have difficult fixtures, lack spirit and fight, have been sh!t all season long, and most crucially have the worst manager possibly ever to mange a Premier League team. We probably need 3 wins and a a draw maybe 2 to scrape survival. Where is the inspiration for that going to come from with this complete weirdo in charge?

I woke up this morning convinced there would be a 9am announcement that he's gone. Surely nobody could go on the run he has, lose the way we do and still keep his job? But no, it didnt happen.

Then I thought, maybe they need to have a board meeting, a meeting with him etc. Maybe it could be later in the day? But no, it's nearly 7pm and still nothing.

What the hell does Pellegrino have on Les Reed? Somehow he is unsackable. Our worst manager in history who is leading us to certain relegation STILL hasn't been sacked. The mind boggles.

Utterly deluded

We’ve left it too late to get anyone like Silva, only people interested will be on the managerial scrap heap.

**** it, just get Strachan back, at least we will go down with a fight and have a day out at Wembley with ginger wigs.

Been checking this thread multiple times a day since Saturday on the hope some ITKer will post the good news that he’ll be off. Not even a sniff.

Incredible he’s still here. Everyone in the football world can see he’s an embarrassment, apart from those who can actually do somethig about it. Totally maddening!

You obviously weren't there on Saturday. MoPe also tried doing nothing and it didn't work.

Harry Redknapp would keep us up. I cannot believe that I am suggesting him as a potential saviour but if he took the Birmingham job last season (and succeeded) he will take the Saints job for 8 games. Last hurrah for him and cancels out sending us down last time.He'd give the players a lift as well, despite being a twitchy skate c*nt. This is the level we are reduced to.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk