Pellegrino OUT

Batman

I am just dumbfounded that the board have let things get to this point and are still not acting to try and sort it out. Mope obviously believes in his own ability but it is clear to almost every Saints fan that he is a complete buffoon and should be removed immediately and in truth should have been given the boot months ago. I just do not understand what the board are thinking , how bad does it have to get before they take action? I don't care about who to replace him with, anybody or even nobody would be better than the tactically inept clown we currently have at the helm. The mental turmoil this is putting me through is leading to a numbness, my brain is telling me stop caring so much, for a team I have loved for 50 years. I sat through the game on Wednesday more a spectator than a supporter. There are just so many car crashes you can watch without getting numb to it all. I feel powerless to the disaster unfolding before my eyes...what the **** is going on?!

Why would he resign ? He was what he was when we appointed him so nothing has changed. It was up to Les and whoever to appoint the right bloke. Now if we want shot of him we have to sack him and pay him off. Fixed term contracts work that way.

If he was a great manager and he wanted to leave to go to another club we'd ask for compensation, fixed term means fixed term you see.

I’m saying he’s doing a **** job, and has no shame. Would be nice if he resigned but of course he won’t because he wants to be sacked and get the money.

Fixed term smixed term, you can quit a job if you want. You’re not obliged to turn up.

I’m saying he’s doing a **** job, and has no shame. Would be nice if he resigned but of course he won’t because he wants to be sacked and get the money.

Fixed term smixed term, you can quit a job if you want. You’re not obliged to turn up.

I can see why he wouldn't resign, he aint gonna get another managerial role in football so wants one last pay day before he disappears up his own arse

I am just dumbfounded that the board have let things get to this point and are still not acting to try and sort it out. Mope obviously believes in his own ability but it is clear to almost every Saints fan that he is a complete buffoon and should be removed immediately and in truth should have been given the boot months ago. I just do not understand what the board are thinking , how bad does it have to get before they take action? I don't care about who to replace him with, anybody or even nobody would be better than the tactically inept clown we currently have at the helm. The mental turmoil this is putting me through is leading to a numbness, my brain is telling me stop caring so much, for a team I have loved for 50 years. I sat through the game on Wednesday more a spectator than a supporter. There are just so many car crashes you can watch without getting numb to it all. I feel powerless to the disaster unfolding before my eyes...what the **** is going on?!

I share these thoughts except it is 70 years not 50 that I've been supporting them. I feel sorry for the players because we know from the past that they are not bad players but they are playing badly---all of them. Compare Romeo past with the present, and Davis, and Tadic. Only JWP and PEH have improved. This dreadful decline is no more fun for the players than it is for us. Do Board members actuall attend matches? If so they must see the truth for themselves.

Spoken from the heart. I feel exactly the same if that’s any consolation.

How does this one compare to the previous relegations we've had in the past?

How does this one compare to the previous relegations we've had in the past?

i can tell you that, it’s worse.

In 74 we were the first victims of the three down rule and Lawrie had taken over mid season.

Even under old twitchy in 2005 we could at least score, hell we even won a few games. There was always the belief, for me anyway, that we could do just enough to get out of it. I don’t have that belief this time.

The relegation to League One was totally different of course, we were in financial crisis.

This time round there is no confidence that the manager has a clue, little sign the players are up for a fight, nothing. It’s bloody desperate.

That’s makes me feel a bit sad. I’m sure it’s not the case but it looks like he cares more about his relationship with The Club rather than The Club itself.

Or in his opinion we should stick with MP. Just because he doesn’t agree with the majority doesn’t mean he is towing the party line. Each to their own.

We are heading for a asset strip on a mass scale.... The board / owner will rake in the reddies.... Why hasn't the owner came out and addressed fans? Unveiled direction for the club? Something isn't right at Southampton FC isn't just the manager..... The board are clueless.

I never post but enough is enough. With our squad we should be in the top 8. I hate calling for someone to get the sack but he really is out of his depth. My round trip to a home game is 250 miles and my son has a further 200 mile round trip to meet me before driving down. We’ve had season tickets for 17 years and have never been more despondent. It’s breaking our hearts to see what’s happening to our club. Please sort this out. There is still time to rectify this.

Or in his opinion we should stick with MP. Just because he doesn’t agree with the majority doesn’t mean he is towing the party line. Each to their own.

That’s certainly a possibility.Be good if he explained why he thinks we should keep him. I’m ready to be convinced, 4 league wins all season,in the relegation zone, lowest win % of any Saints manager ( read that on here so not sure if it’s 100% accurate) , no league win since November etc

Totally unproductive day at work as kept checking here every 5 mins to see if he's been sacked. This whole season has been abysmal and the sad thing is it could have been totally avoidable . The failure to appoint Pellegrini after Koeman left, the failure to replace Fonte, the failure to sack MP after the Leicester game, the failure to replace Van Dijk, the failure to get a pacy winger in ( and the general planning in this transfer window).......the club is a complete joke right now. And sadly some fans are now having a pop at Le Tiss. Please Les - do the right thing, put our club before your ego and sack MP and pay Koeman whatever it takes for him to get us out of this mess.

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to sack him before Saturday. The turn around between games is too tight and the game too massive. We've got as much chance of getting a result with MP in charge as we would with a caretaker boss or a guy who has to pick a team without taking training.

However let's assume we lose on Saturday (because that's likely) and he's fired on Sunday. What's the next step? Would people want a short term option to see us through to the end of the season? There aren't any 'firefighter' managers (Pulis, BFS) around. Or do we take a risk with another young coach with limited experience (Ie Silva)? Or do we look at an experienced hard nut like LVG or erm RK?

Interested as to what you all think. I'm worried that it's all too late in the day and sacking Pellegrino will have very little effect.

The time for dithering has run out, in fact it should have run out some time ago! Saturday is a massive game but so was Brighton and so will every game be until end of season in our situation. I would argue that keeping MP in charge has hindered our chances of winning the last few games and will continue to do so until he's removed. So we should not waste any more time, get rid tomorrow and appoint replacement straight away if we can.

In terms of who to appoint it will have to obviously be someone available immediately so suspect we would be looking at Silva or Hughes. Not ideal choices but beggars can't be choosers and they would both be much better bets than sticking with what we have! Talk of Koeman coming back is fanciful, in my opinion there's no way he would touch us in this position.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That’s makes me feel a bit sad. I’m sure it’s not the case but it looks like he cares more about his relationship with The Club rather than The Club itself.

Some arguments in the LeTiss household then because Mitch thinks Mope is the incompetent fool most on here think he is.

he has been like this for ages. Le Tissier and less so, Blackmore were scoffing at fans before Xmas who wanted MP out.

shame he has not changed his tune. when you go on his twitter, all fans are questioning him, yet he just says they are wrong. I wonder if he feels we should have kept faith with Branfoot... who was actually better at Saints than the current clown... and that is fuking scary

Edited by Batman

Matt is sitting in the fence. He was of the era where players were paid ok but weren't paid the disgusting and obscene sums of money they are now. He has to remain impartial for the sake of his job. Too controversial and it will bring unwanted attention on him.

Matt is sitting in the fence. He was of the era where players were paid ok but weren't paid the disgusting and obscene sums of money they are now. He has to remain impartial for the sake of his job. Too controversial and it will bring unwanted attention on him.

Pity the likes of Carragher are not so principled... :lol:

MLT cares more about his media career than the club nowadays.

he has been like this for ages. Le Tissier and less so, Blackmore were scoffing at fans before Xmas who wanted MP out.

shame he has not changed his tune. when you go on his twitter, all fans are questioning him, yet he just says they are wrong. I wonder if he feels we should have kept faith with Branfoot... who was actually better at Saints than the current clown... and that is fuking scary

Le Tiss is an odd one as he was openly critical of Puel.

Matt is not sitting on the fence, to me his Twitter statements indicate he supports MP staying. I had a bit of a row with him last night saying I hope the Board are not heeding his advice. Unfortunately there is a good chance that they are.

Maybe if he had to pay to watch that crock of **** he might change his mind.

This is why Cortese didn’t want the old school around interfering, having their opinions and influences - he was right. Matt is given a status and privileges at the club which have been clouding his judgment for a while now. Whilst he was indeed a great great player for the club the slide towards intimacy with the board in the face of blatant total incompetence is a pity... They are all far too cosy which only increases the arrogance and thence poor decision making at the top.

Matt was the best player ever to grace the red-and-white, but his post-playing judgement at times has been found wanting...

He's in with the board - why would he criticise them?

The club scratch his back (free tickets - I assume, trips to the training ground) he scratches theirs (free PR).

We need Matt the player right now to save us again. We don't need the post playing Matt who has -sadly-been a mug. Cortese was right to clear out the failed old guard who were administative failures

He had something that our plodders can only dream of, an ability to shoot and score from outside the box. We've had 1 goal from outside the box all season. Could be wrong but I think it was Boufal's goal after a mazy run and that was about 1 step outside the box. Contrast that with how many long shots have sped past FF.

We try to walk it in because our players don't have the confidence to take a dip and even then, Long et al, still miss from 8 yards...