Pellegrino OUT

Batman

The most inept manager I've seen full stop, not just at Southampton. It's gross neglegance that he's still at the club.

The bloke is a fraudster.

Do I recall you saying we should stick by him earlier in the season or is that just my imagination? :lol:

How could u not blame him, he plays a system that doesn't work, players in wrong positions and still doesn't realise IT DOESN'T WORK
Because he can't help being totally inept. He's quite clearly way out of his depth but if the board refuse to sack him then I can't blame him for jot wanting to leave his well paid job voluntarily.

Do I recall you saying we should stick by him earlier in the season or is that just my imagination? :lol:

Doesn’t necessarily mean he is wrong in either instance.

Changing your mind doesn’t make you wrong. Not changing your mind when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary makes you wrong.

I don't blame him at all. Anyone in his position would do the same thing. That said he should have gone in November. It's astounding he is still here.

I don't agree with that bit. If I was him I would definitely resign. He must have enough money to live a very comfortable existence for the rest of his life regardless of getting or not getting a payout from us. Contestants on "The Apprentice" who are clearly out of their depth and who will definitely have far less money than this **** are big enough to recognise their failings and resign. My good god what a **** he truely is.

Doesn’t necessarily mean he is wrong in either instance.

Changing your mind doesn’t make you wrong. Not changing your mind when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary makes you wrong.

I didn't accuse him of being wrong did I? I asked if he had previously said we should stick by our Manager. I think he did, but I can't quite remember if it was definitely him that said it. If he did, or whoever it was that did, in retrospect that seems quite funny IMHO.

Being tactically inept is one thing.

But even a logical human being would think to try something different if the same method keeps failing!

Why does he keep pursuing the same damn tactics thinking it’ll be any different this time round?!

Because he's f*cking dense. It would appear, by association, his coaching staff are as well.

Dont get all those talking about understanding why he hasnt quit.

I take pride in my work and have a conscience about its consequences. And I suspect most people do.

So you would give up millions of pounds in wages... really? Is he likely to get a job earning the large amount he is with Saints anytime soon?

Simple. Get someone with links to club in for 8 games. Strachan or someone then appoint long term manager in summer. Also need a completely new board and owner ASAP. Lol

Why would they need links to the club? That rules out a lot of candidates who'd likely do a better job than your suggestion of Strachan (who last managed in a top European League in 2004... 14 years ago).

So you would give up millions of pounds in wages... really? Is he likely to get a job earning the large amount he is with Saints anytime soon?

Mutual consent - face saving for both parties...the clown approaches Les and they agree a deal...cue the platitudes from Saints "we want to place on record...sad it didn't work out etc" PR. Les doesn't have another sacking on his record. Hopefully happening as I type.

Way back in September or October/Novemberish when people were calling for his head, I was concious that we would end up going down the Sunderland route of constantly changing managers but ignoring the main issue. I incorrectly assumed that the club were aware of the issues and prepared to address them in January, but MP himself has now had more than enough time to make us competitive in what is a very poor league, but has been hindered by poor recuritment and the clubs cluelessness to the bigger issues I'd have to say.

I think I gave him a fair crack of the whip, but enough is enough tbh. So I'm not sure what is funny about that.

Dont get all those talking about understanding why he hasnt quit.

I take pride in my work and have a conscience about its consequences. And I suspect most people do.

Most people don't get paid millions despite being atrocious at their job, and also won't get paid millions in compensation if they're fired.

Way back in September or October/Novemberish when people were calling for his head, I was concious that we would end up going down the Sunderland route of constantly changing managers but ignoring the main issue. I incorrectly assumed that the club were aware of the issues and prepared to address them in January, but MP himself has now had more than enough time to make us competitive in what is a very poor league, but has been hindered by poor recuritment and the clubs cluelessness to the bigger issues I'd have to say.

I think I gave him a fair crack of the whip, but enough is enough tbh. So I'm not sure what is funny about that.

Ffs lighten up. If I’d backed him and he’d turned out to be this **** I’d have to laugh at myself.

Surely they will sack him now, Silva should be appointed tomorrow. We will definitely go down if he stays, might well stay up if we get Silva. All the money we would lose for dropping out of the premier league? Incredible if they don't get Silva in asap.

I'm sure even Pellegrino wishes they'd put him out of his misery by now. I'll be amazed if Pellegrino is still in charge this time next week.

I have no doubt the club will smugly pat themselves on the back that we are not currently in the relegation zone and therefore everything is just fine and Pellegrino is a genius.

If we sack him before the end of the season it will be when we are already mathematically already down.

I have no doubt the club will smugly pat themselves on the back that we are not currently in the relegation zone and therefore everything is just fine and Pellegrino is a genius.

If we sack him before the end of the season it will be when we are already mathematically already down.

I'm sure les is comfortable with the situation. No doubt that we will remove Pellegrino at a time of our choosing and maintain control throughout

Now is the perfect time to get rid.

As things are, Wigan has cup shock all over it (and there is no chance we’ll beat a PL team in the semi final anyway), 3 weeks to find and appoint a replacement.

As a few others have said, chuck whatever it takes to get a big name in for the last few games, no strings, and then re-evaluate in the summer. It’s got to the point where I would take anyone, it can’t be any worse than what we currently are seeing (sleep walking to relegation).

Les, Gao, Ralph... do not waste another minute with MP, now is the time to act.

This thread has been open since October, We have had 2 league wins since..... How the f uck is he still employed!? I know everyone now knows Les Reed is a complete fraud and a fool, but surly he is not stupid enough to think 1 we are too good to go down and 2 MP is the right man for this football club?

What a load of prats you lot are going to seem when MP wins our next three, finishes mid table, wins the FA Cup and proceeds to challenge for a champions league spot next season.

F*cking hell, this cough syrup is brilliant stuff.

He just has to go. By no means is he the only problem, but it's the problem that it is the quickest to fix which is likely to have the biggest impact.

A few weeks ago I was of the opinion that it was too late to get rid of him, and I was resigned to the fact he was going to stay anyway. After today however I just don't see the logic in keeping him anymore. If he stays, we go down. Why not get someone else in who might at least give the team a chance of staying up? If we still go down it was worth the risk imho

This was the original post from mid October after our first game against newcastle

I was firmly in the camp that wanted Puel to go. But I foolishly believed in the hype from the club that managers (with players) all over the world are constantly being scouted so any eventuality can be taken care of.

we have gotten rid of a dull, stiff manager and found one even worse.

awful so far from him and like puel, he will do well to last beyond xmas as if he is still here by then, we will be struggling to maintain a position outside of the bottom 3.

terrible manager

Here are a couple of replies on the first page...playing the man and not the ball

Dripping wet blankets ahoy.

F*ck you.

When I read threads like this I realise that it is not just a lot of the modern players I am disillusioned with but also many of today's so called supporters.

When the WBA game was billed as must win, I really think he would still be hear if we had lost that. Just hope the press start putting pressure on too now. It’s the perfect time to replace with a couple of week break until our next game.

This was the original post from mid October after our first game against newcastle

Here are a couple of replies on the first page...playing the man and not the ball

I don’t think you’ve had this much fun Jamie since your last naval bake-off.