Pellegrino OUT

Batman

It's getting to the stage where I'm more than happy to present the club with my Football Manager CV. Getting Bradford to the Champions League is not to be sniffed at. I reckon I have a chance.
Roger is on the record saying you'd be better than Mark Hughes.

The board should pay the price if they persist with this donkey. They will have to explain why they sat on their hands from November. Does anyone seriously think the fans will accept Pellegrino for next season when we are in the championship .

Even if we were to stay up would anyone want another season with him.

They will sack him but too late to save our premiership status. The board are letting the fans down and if they do I won't renew my season ticket I won't need to.

It's just inexplicable the Board can ignore the groundswell of discontent with Pellegrino. On any measure Pellegrino comes up short, and I can't think of any other Prem or Championship Club who would have allowed such an abject situation to drag on without action. It's fecking infuriating!!

It's getting to the stage where I'm more than happy to present the club with my Football Manager CV. Getting Bradford to the Champions League is not to be sniffed at. I reckon I have a chance.

I think thats a bloody good idea.

Lets all bombard their inbox with CVs making speculative applications for the managers job.

Or would they do something churlish like use the info to ban people from SMS ?

Krueger and Kat are in China with Gao for the New Year. Either nothing will happen or the **** will hit the fan shortly.

Yeah but at least we got Chinese dragons dancing around before the match and little red envelopes handed out to the kids nothing screams English football like celebrating Chinese new year.

It's paying attention to those little details in the pre match warm up that have made the club what it is today....

Waiting for the statement from Lesley.

We feel that it’s too late for a replacement so we are sticking with this muppet.

I am at the point where I don't care about a replacement. I'd be perfectly happy to just get rid of him and let the players crack on by themselves. Damage limitation, I'm now convinced the not having a manager is better than letting him continue to make a complete balls up of everything.

I am at the point where I don't care about a replacement. I'd be perfectly happy to just get rid of him and let the players crack on by themselves. Damage limitation, I'm now convinced the not having a manager is better than letting him continue to make a complete balls up of everything.

After yesterdays total lack of effort in the second half I'm not sure trust them either. Might as well just play the under 18s and Lemina a player who put in loads of effort despite apparently having a sickness bug...the rest of them don't look like the give a crap.

Where has Batman done that?

Adkins has no track record in the Premier League and has struggled in L1 since leaving us.

Hughes has as good a pedigree as we could reasonably expect - he is, on every single conceivable measure, better than Adkins.

Handshakes?

At this point it is a bit of a downer to wake up and discover that he’s still here. Pellegrino is not the only employee of the club who’s afraid to make bold decisions, it seems.
Nah. I gave up on expecting the club to act ages ago. For better or worse he isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Krueger and Kat are in China with Gao for the New Year. Either nothing will happen or the **** will hit the fan shortly.

I hope you are right, maybe they were agreeing next steps and certainly Ralph look less than happy with whatever next steps he has been charged with taking. Les is Kat's man so probably water tight and seen by Gao as the go-between but Les's absence from that meeting suggests he and some other board members may be about to be axed along with the Clown. If surgery has been pre-ordained it is unlikely to be minor under a local anaesthetic.

The Chinese usually play the long game and maybe Gao has a ten year plan in which the short term ails amount to very little, who knows?

Maybe football insiders know something we don't like the formation of a breakaway European or even Global super league in the next few years with the wholesale re-organisation of national leagues as a consequence? The status quo may have no bearing on where we might be in ten years time. Such a wild scenario could at least go some way towards the apparent abject lack of concern of the owners in our current plight.....

We sit right behind the dug-outs and a very common remark is that the players seem to take zero notice of anything MP says during the game !

Nobody has refused to go on as a sub when called for! I too sit in that part of the ground and noticed how players subbed off did not acknowledge The Clown with a handshake or hug. It does look a tad automatic like they're going through the motions.

Can't believe that imbecile is still manager today. I thought the only positive thing about that pathetic capitulation being broadcast around the world yesterday was that the owner might actually be bothered to watch a game and realise just how awful things are. Well, it seems he did get to see the game but it looks like they all sat around congratulating themselves on watching all that fantastic Southampton talent on the field. Pity it was all playing for Liverpool, but I'm sure they all toasted the magnificent and unique business model that sold 150 million quid of talent to Liverpool over the past few seasons. Don't suppose anyone mentioned the league position. They probably all got excited about seeing the first half possession stats and how well the 'Southampton Way' was working.

On another note, I would take Hughes or almost anyone over Pellegrino. Anyone who has watched more than a couple of games in their lives would have more of a clue than this guy. But, it might be more tricky to get someone in because of the way the club management have this air of superiority about how things are done at Saints. Although Pellegrino is clearly useless, he was also put in a very bad situation by Reed & co. in that he did not bring in his own support team with him and had to work with what was already in place. Almost anyone with any credibility would have insisted on bringing their own assistants with them - people they can trust and discuss things with. Pellegrino, an amateur himself, only has other amateurs to help him out. Someone like Hughes would insist on his own team. Would Reed allow that?

Les wont ever get rid of his 'yes man'. By all accounts he a nice guy, who is probably happy to work with what he's got for fear of losing his job / understanding he's somehow got a very good job in the premier league, and will therefore be super nice to his bosses for the sake of trying to keep that.

We've seen that anyone who wanted to push the club on over recent years have moved on / been moved on by those above, most likely as we're too tight or naive to think we don't need better players and managers to stay competitive and grow. With this we have to settle for second rate managers and coaches, and the players left behind (half of which would've been subs the past couple of seasons).

Exactly. Why don’t the players just get in a huddle and say, “**** this, let’s just go for it, ignore the ****”.

I remember a game under Branfoot. Le Tiss stood on the ball in the middle and indicated to all the other players to pass the ball rather than hoof it. It was strange, everyone stopped for a second or so including the opposition. From then on everything changed and Branfoot's days were numbered.

I still cant believe he hasn't been sacked .Its like deadline day, continuously refreshing hoping for some good news !

Mods-can we have a straight forward poll along the lines of should he be sacked or is too late ? Personally I think with nearly two weeks to the next league match and 11 games to go there is still time to act.

I'm a bit disappointed that the local media ( Solent and The Echo ) seem to be strangely silent and not ramping up the pressure. Listening to Blackmore's interview on Solent on the way home was cringeworthy. An easy question about how it was unfortunate he had to take Lemina off (as we all saw he had just vomited on the pitch ) followed up about how it will be nice to have the distraction of a Cup match next week. Probing it wasn't.

Silva being lined up for Chelsea according to reports. Not good enough for us though. Oh no.

I'd happily have Silva here. However I find it hard to believe that he would be anywhere close to landing The Chelsea job.

We sit right behind the dug-outs and a very common remark is that the players seem to take zero notice of anything MP says during the game !

So MP could be giving really good instructions but the players think they know better but lose?

If the players are ignoring the instructions because they think they are ****e then they are not doing a very good job of coming up with better tactics.

What I don't get is all these "MP is a yes man, he just does what Les wants so he won't fire him".

Why would Les want us to play so **** though?

If I was MPs boss I'd be telling him, "find a way to make it work and get us the points we need to survive".

Because he is smug, a bit thick, and stubborn to boot? He obviously doesn't want us to be rubbish, but perhaps has such a sense of self-importance and expertise that he can't acknowledge that he is wrong?

Let us not forget this is the same Les Reed who spectacularly failed as Charlton boss....who probably thinks he's 'bucking the trend' by keeping MP in situ after being turfed out for Pards there.

He was put on a pedestal by some in light of the sales...then purchases that went well, like Mane etc. He probably now lives in a bubble where he thinks he can do no wrong - let's face it, he'd be under more pressure if his own boss had football experience, and wasn't so reliant on him.