Pellegrino OUT

Batman

Lol! I think whoosh is the appropriate word here...

Reall? Seems like a sarcastic post to me aimed at the people who aren't booing the players ect. Let's not forget, Guan has been trying to sort protests against the manager for a little while now.

It's like keeping a girlfriend by reasoning that 4 really toothy robotic blowjobs in 6 months is better then no blowjobs at all.

It is though isnt it ? :lol:

In this scenario you would need to have a "test blow" to ensure improvement and perhaps contractual signatures (promises to perform) :D

The only reason I can see he's still here is the board don't want to pay off another contract by firing him & having to admit to another dud appointment. Clearly' date=' the hope is luck will somehow save us & they'd rather us go down than admit to another costly error.[/quote']

Sort of like neglecting to replace a ****ed transmission, reasoning that it's going to cost too much to replace.

Sort of like neglecting to replace a ****ed transmission, reasoning that it's going to cost too much to replace.

Well no, getting a new transmission guarantees that your vehicle will keep on rolling for a while, it's a mechanical fact. Changing the manager with 13 games left of the league season guarantees nothing.

IMG_20180201_133003923_HDR.jpg

I found this graphic from a certain tv show (broadcast on 22nd Jan) interesting with regard to managerial changes this year. I have no idea how to enlarge it, so if someone knows how, perhaps you could kindly tell me and I'll edit it appropriately. Obviously it goes without saying that the data is now 'old', but it most likely proves a general point, i.e. 'new manager bounce'.

West brom is the absolute final chance for me. Fail to win that and we don't sack him then I'll assume they want us to go down and I'll stop watching and attending the matches.

How many final chances does he need? So many decent games tossed away. Should have made the call before Christmas in my opinion, that Puel-reunion match was a disaster.

Since then we've failed to beat Hudderfield, lost to Palce at home, threw away a win at Watford and failed to beat Brighton. So 3 points from really what 'should' have been at least 8-12, which would put us near 30ish pots, if we had a competent manager in charge. Still big problems with the side of course, but somehow he's making it worse.

West brom is the absolute final chance for me. Fail to win that and we don't sack him then I'll assume they want us to go down and I'll stop watching and attending the matches.

The only worry I have with this is, is it going to be to late. 2 or 1 point from games with Brighton and WBA, that really is 5 to 4 points dropped.

How many final chances does he need? So many decent games tossed away. Should have made the call before Christmas in my opinion, that Puel-reunion match was a disaster.

Since then we've failed to beat Hudderfield, lost to Palce at home, threw away a win at Watford and failed to beat Brighton. So 3 points from really what 'should' have been 12, if we had a competent manager in charge. Still big problems with the side of course, but somehow he's making it worse.

I don't mean a final chance for the manager- he should leave regardless of any result- I mean the final chance for the club to show me why I should show any continued interest for the rest of the season. If they sack him and bring someone in to give us a bit of a fight then I'll assume its worth my while.

The only worry I have with this is, is it going to be to late. 2 or 1 point from games with Brighton and WBA, that really is 5 to 4 points dropped.
Oh it's almost certainly too late now but teams have been in worse positions than us abd survived. We could get a draw this weekend and would be out of the relegation zone.

I don't mean a final chance for the manager- he should leave regardless of any result- I mean the final chance for the club to show me why I should show any continued interest for the rest of the season. If they sack him and bring someone in to give us a bit of a fight then I'll assume its worth my while.

Fair enough. To be honest I think they're too busy writing the pledges and promoting the academy in China.

The actual football team is small fry now.

I found this graphic from a certain tv show (broadcast on 22nd Jan) interesting with regard to managerial changes this year. I have no idea how to enlarge it, so if someone knows how, perhaps you could kindly tell me and I'll edit it appropriately. Obviously it goes without saying that the data is now 'old', but it most likely proves a general point, i.e. 'new manager bounce'.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2623&d=1517492206

Fair enough. To be honest I think they're too busy writing the pledges and promoting the academy in China.

The actual football team is small fry now.

Abd as this increasingly seems to be the case, I will have no choice but to do the only thing we can really do to make a difference which will be not to turn up until such time as we appear to see the supporters as more than just a number in a balance sheet. Disgusting how much we have been mugged off and patronised.

I hope the club's digital media department (or whatever it may be called) is paying close attention to the comments on here.

Absolutely scathing, and rightly so.

Might that be described as 'vitriolic'?

I wonder how this is discussed within the privacy of the digital marketing team? And the hallowed halls of St Marys? Sure it can't be being ignored?

Never never offer sincere apologies to Branfoot, under any circumstances.

I never thought I'd see the day, but the current **** makes Branfoot look semi-decent (he knew how to grind out results, and never relegated us). The only previous manager that I wouldn't take over the current **** is Saggy.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/959067605465051142

I hope the club's digital media department (or whatever it may be called) is paying close attention to the comments on here.

Absolutely scathing, and rightly so.

They’ve been getting those types of comments on Twitter for a while. Unfortunately the comments do not seem to have much impact, since he is still here.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but did anyone notice the fans being held down by stewards last night? Given that they were in the dug out, I assume they were trying to 'get at' MP.

Not the way to go about anything, but what must he think when people physically want to confront him. It's not worth that surely. Maybe he needs to do the honourable thing.

Funny you should say about clapping. At the final whistle last night some people were applauding the players. Umm, Why ?

Did they only wander in it half time ?

Well, actually No! people boo-ed as The Clown made his hasty exit down the tunnel, they were silent for most players whom they felt had not done enough and clapped in just one or two who had given their all notably Stephens & Hoj but only those two I assure you as I was standing right next to the tunnel when they came in. Nothing wrong with clapping the lads who deserved it is there?

Anyway, it's a distraction from the real business of making our feelings known to the Club. No banners or placards, no chants against the Clown or that smug barsteward upstairs, no demos outside SMS or Staplewood. What is wrong with our fans theses days. Nothing is going right, we are slipping into oblivion and yet we fans who stand to lose most can't get our acts together to try and oust these wretchedly incompetent people.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but did anyone notice the fans being held down by stewards last night? Given that they were in the dug out, I assume they were trying to 'get at' MP.

Not the way to go about anything, but what must he think when people physically want to confront him. It's not worth that surely. Maybe he needs to do the honourable thing.

He didn't see that, he'd long gone as had most of the players.

Said it in another thread , but surely he should resign. It’s getting silly now, like for his own sake. I know it would be walking away from a boat load of cash, but my god where is his integrity!

Just resign and say you tried. Maybe we won’t think of you as such a gutless manager in years to come.

To arrogant to admit a mistake so soon after Puel who's firing the club will view as being done on their own terms. After blowing smoke up our own backside for a few seasons, must be tough for the club to admit how wrong they got this appointment along with the spectacular decline in quality of the squad.

Said it in another thread , but surely he should resign. It’s getting silly now, like for his own sake. I know it would be walking away from a boat load of cash, but my god where is his integrity!

Just resign and say you tried. Maybe we won’t think of you as such a gutless manager in years to come.

Why would he resign ? He was what he was when we appointed him so nothing has changed. It was up to Les and whoever to appoint the right bloke. Now if we want shot of him we have to sack him and pay him off. Fixed term contracts work that way.

If he was a great manager and he wanted to leave to go to another club we'd ask for compensation, fixed term means fixed term you see.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If he resigns he won't get a big payoff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to sack him before Saturday. The turn around between games is too tight and the game too massive. We've got as much chance of getting a result with MP in charge as we would with a caretaker boss or a guy who has to pick a team without taking training.

However let's assume we lose on Saturday (because that's likely) and he's fired on Sunday. What's the next step? Would people want a short term option to see us through to the end of the season? There aren't any 'firefighter' managers (Pulis, BFS) around. Or do we take a risk with another young coach with limited experience (Ie Silva)? Or do we look at an experienced hard nut like LVG or erm RK?

Interested as to what you all think. I'm worried that it's all too late in the day and sacking Pellegrino will have very little effect.

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to sack him before Saturday. The turn around between games is too tight and the game too massive. We've got as much chance of getting a result with MP in charge as we would with a caretaker boss or a guy who has to pick a team without taking training.

However let's assume we lose on Saturday (because that's likely) and he's fired on Sunday. What's the next step? Would people want a short term option to see us through to the end of the season? There aren't any 'firefighter' managers (Pulis, BFS) around. Or do we take a risk with another young coach with limited experience (Ie Silva)? Or do we look at an experienced hard nut like LVG or erm RK?

Interested as to what you all think. I'm worried that it's all too late in the day and sacking Pellegrino will have very little effect.

Are you joking get rid of him asap, having no manager on Saturday is better than having him on the bench clueless idiot no footballing brain. no idea of a formation or how to win a game . we look good against the better teams as we play a 9 man defence and against the poorer teams we play 7 defensive players how are we going to win with this in balance in our team god help us if we keep him until Saturday. He is the worst manager i have seen in 50 years at Saints because he has better players than other failed managers had

I've just one question. Why are all of our good players suddenly rubbish?

errrrr..... management?

Agree completely. It's not them, it's him.

In my opinion, people should also lay off Les Reed because although he has got it wrong over Pellegrino, he knows the club and would be too great a loss. WE just need him to come to terms with the error, no that sacking Pellegrino now will make any difference. That boat has sailed so the club might as well let him go after the last game of the season when there will be more candidates to choose from and the time between now and then can be used looking for the best person.