Let’s have some serious managerial options

Pilchards

I can’t remember the last time we approached another club to take their manager so that suggest it’s not an option.

So who is out there if we were to replace Pellegrino?

Big Sam?

Frank De Boer?

Someone unemployed because nobody else wants them?

Not too promising if we are calling for someone’s head is it?

Allardyce does at least know his onions and might blow the smuggery of our prima Donna tipsy tappet merchants. But yes, sadly Silva was the one who got away. Maybe it's time for Eddie howe to get a new challenge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't agree with replacing a manager after 8 league games with the club sitting 10th, but if it happened I would get Rafa and promise him some $$$ for transfers. De Boer is more the tippy tappy football with no end result like we have already and most dont like that style of football. Big Sam would at least be more direct, we will score more goals but style of football would take a turn for the worse. Could we tempt someone like Van Gaal? Probably not...

The idea of replacing the manager so early in the season would make SFC a laughing stock.

This season we are likely to be in a relegation scrap. Provided we survive it and finish 17th or above, we can see it as character building.

If we get relegated, we can sell off the rubbish and rebuild again. The cycle continues.

It'd be interesting to see if the management can be proactive (as Cortese was) rather than reactive as they have been. I said yesterday that I'd take Adkins back in a heartbeat and I meant it but I know that won't happen, so instead we should take a look at managers in the Championship who are playing attacking football.

Nuno Espírito Santo.

But, you know with Old Les making the decisions, it's unlikely we'll get anyone better than Puel. I said at the time people were calling for Puel to be replaced that it would only be a case of out of the fying pan into the fire,as the person making the decision would still be the same. Remember, our best manager Pochettino, was scouted and selected by Paul Mitchell and Cortese, not Ross Wilson and Reed.

Nuno Espírito Santo.

But, you know with Old Les making the decisions, it's unlikely we'll get anyone better than Puel. I said at the time people were calling for Puel to be replaced that it would only be a case of out of the fying pan into the fire,as the person making the decision would still be the same. Remember, our best manager Pochettino, was scouted and selected by Paul Mitchell and Cortese, not Ross Wilson and Reed.

we've got tough games coming up. Will having a new manager help much? worse thing we could do is scrap MP, bring in someone new, and they have to lose their first 5 games - our fans don't have that kind of patience at the moment.

Better to give MP a chance. if he is able to turn it round and we come out after christmas in the top half, then things will have been going well and he deserves more time. if we lose most of the games, then get rid, bring in a new man and new players in January, and give the new guy some easier games to start with.

we've got tough games coming up. Will having a new manager help much? worse thing we could do is scrap MP, bring in someone new, and they have to lose their first 5 games - our fans don't have that kind of patience at the moment.

Better to give MP a chance. if he is able to turn it round and we come out after christmas in the top half, then things will have been going well and he deserves more time. if we lose most of the games, then get rid, bring in a new man and new players in January, and give the new guy some easier games to start with.

IMHO The current league program is much easier than its ever been.

If we had a half decent manager then I would be confident in getting results at Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs these days.

At the moment we can’t even beat the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and Huddersfield which tells me something is not right.

I don't agree with replacing a manager after 8 league games with the club sitting 10th,

Our current league position is meaningless, we've had the easiest run of fixtures I can remember - we still have to play Man City, Liverpool , Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal twice.

Make no mistake, we are in a relegation scrap.

Our current league position is meaningless, we've had the easiest run of fixtures I can remember - we still have to play Man City, Liverpool , Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal twice.

Make no mistake, we are in a relegation scrap.

correct me if I'm wrong but over a season so does everyone else? Unless everyone else is going to be beating those teams losing to them isn't really an issue we couldn't beat any of them last season and we were never even close to relegation.

Nuno Espírito Santo.

Interesting take on “best” manager . Not Lawrie , who actually won something, not Ted, not even Koeman who finished 6th & 7th ( and was chosen by Les) , but a bloke who finished 8th before ****ing off first chance he got. That’s 8th without a cup final, unlike WGS & Puel who managed the same position & a final.

I’m struggling here, perhaps one of the moaners can help me out.

Puel finished 8th, but it was the shietist 8th place finish in football history. The implication being that with our squad of players, we should have finished higher or been more exciting to watch.Les Reed provided Puel with those players. Players that are better or more exciting than they showed last season. Yet they moan about Reed as well. Either Reed gave us players that were better than 8th in which case , well done , that’s pretty good on our budget. Or he gave us shiete average players, in which case well done to Puel for getting them 8th.

It seems to me that people are moaning about Reed & Puel, when the facts show that one moan contradicts the other. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that they’re whinging twts , who have a strange sense of entitlement.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Interesting take on “best” manager . Not Lawrie , who actually won something, not Ted, not even Koeman who finished 6th & 7th ( and was chosen by Les) , but a bloke who finished 8th before ****ing off first chance he got. That’s 8th without a cup final, unlike WGS & Puel who managed the same position & a final.

It's hard to disagree with those facts.

Someone will though... blahh blahh good football etc.

correct me if I'm wrong but over a season so does everyone else? Unless everyone else is going to be beating those teams losing to them isn't really an issue we couldn't beat any of them last season and we were never even close to relegation.

yes but as it stands we have had an easy start so are in a false position.

Just looking at the bottom three, Palace have already played Liverpool, City, Man Utd & Chelsea. Bournemouth have already played City, Arsenal and Spurs. Leicester have already played Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. We've had one 'hard' game - Man Utd.

yes but as it stands we have had an easy start so are in a false position.

Just looking at the bottom three, Palace have already played Liverpool, City, Man Utd & Chelsea. Bournemouth have already played City, Arsenal and Spurs. Leicester have already played Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. We've had one 'hard' game - Man Utd.

and bar Palace vs Chelsea haven't they lost all those games? You're making the assumption they will win all the "easy" games to overtake us.

IMHO The current league program is much easier than its ever been.

If we had a half decent manager then I would be confident in getting results at Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs these days.

At the moment we can’t even beat the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and Huddersfield which tells me something is not right.

Newcastle and Huddersfield couldn't beat us either and its hardly the first time we've been beaten by Stoke is it? Arguably our best performance this season was against Man U no doubt the likes of Bertrand, VVD and co will raise their games when auditioning for the big boys.

Newcastle and Huddersfield couldn't beat us either and its hardly the first time we've been beaten by Stoke is it? Arguably our best performance this season was against Man U no doubt the likes of Bertrand, VVD and co will raise their games when auditioning for the big boys.

That is unfortunate, but probably true.

Trying to second guess Les here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eddie Howe pitch up at some stage if things don't improve. He is reputably a favorite of Les and they apparently get along well. Les has seemed reluctant to try and snatch him from a local team but Howe may now have gone about as far as he can at Boscombe and the time may be right for all parties. No idea how he would go at Saints but these last few years down the road have been quite extraordinary under Howe's leadership. Alternatively, of course, Claude Puel is currently available ....

Trying to second guess Les here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eddie Howe pitch up at some stage if things don't improve. He is reputably a favorite of Les and they apparently get along well. Les has seemed reluctant to try and snatch him from a local team but Howe may now have gone about as far as he can at Boscombe and the time may be right for all parties. No idea how he would go at Saints but these last few years down the road have been quite extraordinary under Howe's leadership. Alternatively, of course, Claude Puel is currently available ....

He's still a skate though

We shouldn't be talking about midseason managerial changes, but if we are then Howe wouldn't dream of ditching Bournemouth in the middle of a relegation battle. If at all.

Don Carlo or Tommy T , Time for the new owner to make a statement of intent !

Call that a statement of intent? Let's get Brian Clough.

Don't think Howe would come here, we've tried to get him before.

True. Puel should have been given a second season but it was Old Les's decsion to sack him, not the fans'. Some of us liked him, some didn't. Most thought that, following the sale of Mane, Pelle and Wanyama and lack of adequate replacements, he was left with a severely weakened squad so the fact that he still got us to 8th and a cup final meant he at least deserved to be here for the start of this season. So, what we think or say on here will make little difference as everything at the Club now seems to be decided by Les Reed. Anyone blaming fans' opinions expressed on here for decsions made by Les Reed must think he is incredibly easily influenced and I doubt that.

Don't think Howe would come here, we've tried to get him before.

I think it unlikely he'd leave for anything other than a top 6 club or the England job in all honesty. He's left for a middling team before and it didn't work out - as long as he keeps Bournemouth in the top flight playing decent football, his stock will continue to rise.

Our current league position is meaningless

To you maybe, but the outside world dont see it as such, the media couldnt get their head around us sacking Puel after a cup final and finishing 8th. If we get rid of MP while sitting in 10th place - why would any half decent manager come here with such high expectations in a league where we are generally considered a 8th-14th placed team.

To you maybe, but the outside world dont see it as such, the media couldnt get their head around us sacking Puel after a cup final and finishing 8th. If we get rid of MP while sitting in 10th place - why would any half decent manager come here with such high expectations in a league where we are generally considered a 8th-14th placed team.

It's fairly obvious who 1st-6th are. Who's 7th?