Let’s have some serious managerial options

Pilchards

Whilst some of the criticism of Pellegrino is valid, it's vitally important to remember that he took over immediately after Claude Puel was manager of this club. Imagine you suddenly got put in charge of the Titanic 5 minutes after it hit the iceberg. You'd be pretty miffed if you got the blame for its demise.

Whilst some of the criticism of Pellegrino is valid, it's vitally important to remember that he took over immediately after Claude Puel was manager of this club. Imagine you suddenly got put in charge of the Titanic 5 minutes after it hit the iceberg. You'd be pretty miffed if you got the blame for its demise.

So Puel is to blame? The mind boggles

He inherited a squad of internationals and premiership players, however he also inherited the lazy attitude of the players of 90% are all looking for a move away and take the club for granted and its position. Unsurprisingly they've failed to perform, Pellegrino has failed to inspire and the board have failed to communicate or act.

He inherited a team that were the 8th best in the league last season. If that's the Titanic I dread to think where you believe Saints are in the footballing hierarchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MP was put in charge 5mins BEFORE

He inherited a team that were the 8th best in the league last season. If that's the Titanic I dread to think where you believe Saints are in the footballing hierarchy

Who were 2 losses off 17th and a side with 1 win in there last 8 fixtures.....

Fortunately Gabbi hit the ground running otherwise it could have been a very different story.

• 3 weeks later...
We're not going to get him now, as Wolves will be in the Premier League next season, but I think we could get Javier Calleja. We can certainly offer much higher wages than Villarreal can.

And Villarreal keep on winning. Soon Calleja will be beyond our reach too. All we needed to do to stay up was bring in Javier Calleja as manager and Carlos Bacca as our new striker. It wasn't that hard.

The question is would any of them want to take us on over having a few months of relaxing on the beach waiting for less of a cluster**** club to offer them a job.

Any manager with an ounce of confidence in their own ability would look at our squad and say ''Yeah, I can do better with that''. I don't think we're as unattractive to people like Silva/Bilic as people are saying, I think they'd jump at the offer personally.

This is so simple for an unemployed professional football manager.

There are about 400 jobs in Europe that could interest you. Of those 400 jobs, 395 of them currently have an employed manager.

If you are an unemployed manager you have two choices, take one of the 5 jobs, or wait (and not earn any money).

Of the 5 jobs that may attract you, I can almost certainly guarantee that the English Premier League job pays the best, both before tax and after tax.

Take the premier league job, who cares how long for.

simple. as. that.

We could recruit Bilic/Hughes/Silva etc in a heart-beat

This is so simple for an unemployed professional football manager.

There are about 400 jobs in Europe that could interest you. Of those 400 jobs, 395 of them currently have an employed manager.

If you are an unemployed manager you have two choices, take one of the 5 jobs, or wait (and not earn any money).

Of the 5 jobs that may attract you, I can almost certainly guarantee that the English Premier League job pays the best, both before tax and after tax.

Take the premier league job, who cares how long for.

simple. as. that.

We could recruit Bilic/Hughes/Silva etc in a heart-beat

You do know, that in general, sacked managers continue to get their (or a portion of their) contract paid by their old club unless they get a new job don't you? They aren't normally sat at home wondering how they are going to pay the mortgage next month...

I agree Nigel Pearson is the type of bloke needed in this situation. Contract to the end of the season with a huge bonus to keep us up. Not a bad shout if we go down either.

Vinny Jones and Terry Hurlock as his assistants?

That would be enough to get the player's attentions.

He isn't, he is mentally unstable as highlighted above in post 119.

Mmm I accept he has a reputation for being volatile and isn’t the best with the press but he has at least got some fire. I also admit he wouldn’t be my first choice but out of what is available and realistically likely to come. He’d probably be my choice.

You do know, that in general, sacked managers continue to get their (or a portion of their) contract paid by their old club unless they get a new job don't you? They aren't normally sat at home wondering how they are going to pay the mortgage next month...

Yes I do, you are right.

I appreciate that I made an analogy that implied that recently sacked football managers need to find the next gig before the money runs out. I should have made the analogy more along the lines of "being out of the media limelight thus reducing their capability of landing the next job".

Keegan left Newcastle with an alleged £10m contract to pay off. He never worked in football management again.

Howard Wilkinson left Leeds in 1996, hung out for the best job possible and fairly quickly disappeared off the radar.

You need to be up front and central to be desirable in football management.

(Unless your initials are MP, you're Argentinian and fancy s stint in Hampshire)

He certainly does have a list of previous offences... (he is mentally unhinged!!!)

Exhibit 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgUtiv4z33Y

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

Exhibit 4

etc etc etc (lots more where they came from!)

Now there's a manager who won't take shit from any of his players. He did very well in his short time with us, set up Leicester very nicely for their incredible season. Bring him back!

It's either that the firing club agrees a once off payment for remaining contract (i.e. you have 3 years left at £3M per year, but we agree to pay you say £5M upfront and call it quits) or paid at £xM per year for remaining 3 years (as per contract, but usually declining year by year). The spanner in the wheel however is that most (not all) contracts state that any agreement is void when said sacked manager gets a new job (particularly quickly - which is understandable to counter against poaching etc. If only!!). Hence why managers are usually happy to take "time off for family/personal" reasons. New club probably has to agree to buy out the previous agreement in addition to new package. Can you really see our lot doing that??

There’s a big hole in the side if the ship but MoPe wants to reupholster the deck chairs and paint the funnel.

We're two wins off 10th.
Why do people post this rubbish?

We're not two wins off 10th.

The entire league from 10th downwards isn't going to stop picking up points just so we can catch up.

And that's ignoring the fact that we don't look remotely like stringing two wins together.

Edited by CB Fry

Yes I do, you are right.

I appreciate that I made an analogy that implied that recently sacked football managers need to find the next gig before the money runs out. I should have made the analogy more along the lines of "being out of the media limelight thus reducing their capability of landing the next job".

Keegan left Newcastle with an alleged £10m contract to pay off. He never worked in football management again.

Howard Wilkinson left Leeds in 1996, hung out for the best job possible and fairly quickly disappeared off the radar.

You need to be up front and central to be desirable in football management.

(Unless your initials are MP, you're Argentinian and fancy s stint in Hampshire)

Howard Wilkinson was subsequently caretaker England manager which is pretty much on the radar. And he worked in the Premier League as part of the Steve Cotteril dream team at Sunderland. Which went well.

...or the same Pearson?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That season Leicester looked good at points in the season.

I can’t name a single point this season we’ve looked remotely good, that wasn’t against a team that was a shambles ie. Everton

Koeman in for the last 12 games, keep us up, go take the Netherlands job at the end of the season. He buries the hatchet with us, his stock returns to a respectable level in the Premier League meaning he’s got a possible job after international football, and he takes on his country like he’s always wanted to. He also gets to take us to Goodison and stick two fingers up to those inbreds. Everybody wins! Get it done!

Peter Bosz would be my preferred option, being a manager that plays pressing, attacking football and keen to develop youth. However being in the relegation battle, I'm not sure he would have the experience to pull us out although nearly any manager would do better with our squad than Pellegrino.

Peter Bosz would be my preferred option, being a manager that plays pressing, attacking football and keen to develop youth. However being in the relegation battle, I'm not sure he would have the experience to pull us out although nearly any manager would do better with our squad than Pellegrino.

A coach who's managed Ziyech? Get him on the bus!

#ZiyechWatch

Koeman in for the last 12 games, keep us up, go take the Netherlands job at the end of the season. He buries the hatchet with us, his stock returns to a respectable level in the Premier League meaning he’s got a possible job after international football, and he takes on his country like he’s always wanted to. He also gets to take us to Goodison and stick two fingers up to those inbreds. Everybody wins! Get it done!

Hoddle could keep us up as he would have done had been appointed in 2004 instead of Luggy.