Saints v WBA build up

trousers

One assumes the script is all set for JRod to score upon his return to St Mary's....? ;)

My line up off the top of my head (FWIW):

McCarthy

Bertrand

VvD

Yoshida

Cedric

Romeu

Davis

Boufal

Lemina

Gabbi

Long

subs: Forster, Targett/McQueen, Hoedt, JWP/Hojbjerg, Tadic, Redmond, Austin

JR will score at least one if not two, and I for one wouldn't begrudge him any success, another victim of Puel's cruel treatment .

Another big tall physical team, ironically at the away game last season I thought we would get bullied with Clasie and PEH but they ran the game!

Another draw, if we are lucky...

Lemina and Boufal seemed to link up well when the latter came on - both very energetic, always looking for space and both equally happy/capable of passing or running.

Get those two playing close to each other with Gabbiadini ahead of them on the last defender, and build the rest of the team around that combination. Who else comes in seems largely immaterial - the rest of the squad have demonstrated comprehensively that they aren't really capable of influencing games, so just pick whoever is most likely to put in a hard-working shift, and whose ego wont get in the way.

It is going to be an awful game of football, two of the dullest teams to watch, 0-0 or 1 goal wins it I reckon, at least being a 5.30 Saturday evening game the crowd might be a bit livelier to create some atmosphere.

I think this is a huge, huge game in our season. Pelligrino needs to show he is adaptable. I have a real worry that he will revert to one striker by dropping Long and bringing Davis back in. Still think 3-5-2 is the way to go with the players we have at our disposal - f*ck the Wolves game, I don't care, one cup game isn't going to convince me that a certain formation is never going to work ever. It worked brilliantly for us under Koeman when Pelle was injured and we played Long/Mane up top.

I wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy given a chance either, if nothing else Forster needs some time out of the spotlight as he is under serious pressure every single game now with such high profile mistakes constantly being made.

draw written all over it

probably wont even be last on MOTD but shunted to the online version.

horrible game of football where we will have around 60% possession...mostly in front of their 2 banks of 4

Edited by Batman

It might only be October, but its a must win game.

I can't see any way that Forster can start the game, be interesting to see how good McCarthy is.

Also take out VVD and Bertrand and replace with players that want to wear the shirt and give an actual ****

Did you watch the u23 game tonite. Alex did a Fraser.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think you must have watched a different game to me! They look extremely defensive and limited technically. Just putting huge numbers of players behind the ball isn't impressive.

It’s not but that’s all you need to do against us , then we can keep going back to the centre backs and pass across the half way line again.

mmmm Gabbi has two goals from open play this season and both assists have come from Redmond #chemistry

One Swallow doesn't make a summer, springs to mind.

1st one yes, second one a very tenuous assist, diluted by the time Gabbi had run half way round the Bargate before surprising everyone with a sneaky shot.

VVD needs to be boo-ed if picked. Fans need to show manager/board they are not happy with the situation. We are far too soft as a club. IF VVD had come back, apologised and was playing well that would be a different matter. But he has publicly stated he has no regrets - and is not performing. Bin him off, let him stew in reserves. Play the future CB's of the club - and keep Stephens involved (on the bench at least) -the guy has done nothing wrong.

VVD needs to be boo-ed if picked. Fans need to show manager/board they are not happy with the situation. We are far too soft as a club. IF VVD had come back, apologised and was playing well that would be a different matter. But he has publicly stated he has no regrets - and is not performing. Bin him off, let him stew in reserves. Play the future CB's of the club - and keep Stephens involved (on the bench at least) -the guy has done nothing wrong.
Absolute rubbish.

He plays until we sell him because he is our best player and if we don't play him then we should have sold him in the summer.

Booing and putting him in the reserves benefits literally nobody.

Absolute rubbish.

He plays until we sell him because he is our best player and if we don't play him then we should have sold him in the summer.

I agree that it's wrong to boo him. That just strengthens his campaign: if management think fans are against him, it's more problematic sticking to their guns.

But I'm not happy with him. I think he is "doing a Fonte" - going through the motions, not putting in key tackles, ambling when he should be sprinting, probably giving away the odd penalty. So, if it carries on, drop him, and deny him his shop window.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

One Swallow doesn't make a summer, springs to mind.

1st one yes, second one a very tenuous assist, diluted by the time Gabbi had run half way round the Bargate before surprising everyone with a sneaky shot.

True but Redmond still had the vision to pick Gabbi out with a long cross field pass no pass equals no goal.

Absolute rubbish.

Problem is since our best player came back into the defence we've leaked goals like a sieve at the back.

Why not, what we have put out so far has not worked.

.....................McCarthy....................

....Yoshida..........VVD.......... Hoedt....

Cedric...Stephens...Romeu....McQueen

...............Lemina.....Boufal...............

..................Gabbiadini.....................