Saints v WBA build up

trousers

until the final ball were we loft a long floaty cross to no one in particular....maybe the wind will do us a favour and actually blow the crossed ball to someone in a saints shirt.

Is there any news on West Brom keepers injury progress?

Is the weather really all that bad in Southampton this morning ?

I live about 30 miles north of the city and whilst it is windy here, with occasional bursts of heavy rain, it's not much more than you'd expect on a normal Autumn windy day. From here you certainly wouldn't have cancelled the great south run.

Our enclosed stadium tends to deflect the worst of high winds during a game too ...... Unless someone boots it too high!

Stuck at home and off my tits on medication.

If the game goes ahead then I'm going for a win. Continuing the steady progression.

To the Pelligrouts, I can't argue with most of the doubts and worries but I do think that it's worth keeping the faith. Other than the nonsense (Ducky's words not mine) I wrote in my take it easy thread I can't give you any counter chat. Just grin and abide.

November is when we will see if the many concerns are justified or the ramblings of a medicated, half crippled loon who knows little about football made a lucky guess.

Anyway.

Come on Saint's, stop making me look like an over enthusiastic ****.

Stuck at home and off my tits on medication.

If the game goes ahead then I'm going for a win. Continuing the steady progression.

To the Pelligrouts, I can't argue with most of the doubts and worries but I do think that it's worth keeping the faith. Other than the nonsense (Ducky's words not mine) I wrote in my take it easy thread I can't give you any counter chat. Just grin and abide.

November is when we will see if the many concerns are justified or the ramblings of a medicated, half crippled loon who knows little about football made a lucky guess.

Anyway.

Come on Saint's, stop making me look like an over enthusiastic ****.

Get better soon

Well it's windy but can't think it's bad enough to call a match off. It's not forecast to get any worse that it is now.

To the game itself I just hope we start with some energy and not the crab,snail,slug football we've been playing this season. Watching the Chelsea v Watford match and very impressed with Watford. Pace, strength, attacking flair and goals. Wish we could have some of that.

Head says 0-0, heart says saints 1-0 win

4.4.2 ?

I remember being criticised quite bluntly for suggesting a 'subbuteo-like' 4-4-2 formation earlier this season.

Well, lets see if it works. If not, I'll head back to my table for a flick!

I quite like this team, though more creative players should start, eg. Boufal, JWP. Davis should be kept for later stability or 'drive' if needed, or to give Lemina or Romeu a rest.

Today must be all about the manner of the defeat rather than the defeat itself. If we come away being beat and having played woefully, MP will feel a lot of pressure and we'll go into Brighton without any confidence. However, get beat by the one goal and have had one or two close chances and we'll feel much better going into the Brighton game.

Make them earn their victory Saints.

Today must be all about the manner of the defeat rather than the defeat itself. If we come away being beat and having played woefully, MP will feel a lot of pressure and we'll go into Brighton without any confidence. However, get beat by the one goal and have had one or two close chances and we'll feel much better going into the Brighton game.

Make them earn their victory Saints.

Textbook

Well, the BBC have got us in a 4-5-1 formation (Gabbi up top, Long wide right, Davis central), with WBA in a 4-3-3. Makes us look defensive and them look attacking. Is that accurate?

Edited by 5string
yeah, I meant 4-5-1, didn't I?

I think the formation is really a 4-5-1 with Gabbi operating as an attacking midfielder, Davis will play a bit further inside and the width will come from Cedric. Still would have preferred Boufal, but I think the key is to keep West Brom quiet and stay solid as WBA can hit hard on the break - and would Boufal do the same defensive work? He'll be better coming on in the last half an hour.