Away tickets

Pedro

Our clubs taken the minimum allocation for a long time now, I assume as part of a cost cutting exercise. If you're correct about the Liverpool tickets then we took even less than the FA rules state a club HAS to offer, which is an absolute joke.

Teams up north I can kind of understand it as it always seems a bit of a lottery whether we travel well up there, but for London teams we should be taking the maximum possible.

We've been doing it for years now. Liverpool today, only 2 blocks were available for sale this morning, absolute joke especially when we sell out a couple of weeks in advance usually, with no option for more.

I did a few years ago about Chelsea away and the club said they were liable for any tickets not sold, so opted for the smaller allocation.

Yep, same answer when anyone asks. They don't want to risk having to pay for tickets they then don't sell on to fans so take the smallest allocation possible.

It amazes me that they haven't thought of a simple system to rectify it. We're a professional football club and one of the most important things should be ticket sales, but rather then help we seem to want to hinder it. Why not come up with some sort of registration system for away tickets, so they can get an idea of demand? Some sort of stipulation attached to avoid timewasters? Maybe I'm finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, but I just find it frustrating.

It amazes me that they haven't thought of a simple system to rectify it. We're a professional football club and one of the most important things should be ticket sales, but rather then help we seem to want to hinder it. Why not come up with some sort of registration system for away tickets, so they can get an idea of demand? Some sort of stipulation attached to avoid timewasters? Maybe I'm finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, but I just find it frustrating.

The simple way to do it would have everyone register their interest in away games when buying season tickets at the start of the season and extrapolate based on that.

Surely they know the potential allocations for each at he start of the season? They know he price the other team will charge as teams publish the category for each game in advance of he season. Therefore surely it is as simple as putting them up for sale a

Couple of months before they have to commit to an allocation? They could initially only sell the lowest allocation.

They could then judge, depending on how quickly they sold whether to open up a higher allocation without the pressure of having to guess and commit to the other club?

Oh and away season tickets again would help.

Edited by Saint-Fred

The simple way to do it would have everyone register their interest in away games when buying season tickets at the start of the season and extrapolate based on that.

Not sure that would help much - I plan the entire season's likely games to attend when the fixtures come out, but the reality is often nothing like the expectation, and tv changes are often the reason for that.

We've been planning to go to the north west the weekend of the Liverpool game for ages without committing to anything, whether it was for Saints at Anfield or Accrington v Newport, but simply aren't going now, whereas (ironically), had the Liverpool game moved to the Sunday we'd have definitely gone and done the double-header.

My ST's are eligible for the Liverpool game if you need to get tickets Poolesaint. (Have to work that weekend)

Hello mate, tried to e mail you back but wouldn’t let me for some reason, that will be great cheers, i’ll double check tonight my lad still wants to go if that’s ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04b43e68b547c255cfc7f0e282d1c507.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's true we didn't sell out in the cup semi final (appalling effort) but still had about 3500 there I think, in the league we only took 990 allocation for a Sunday lunchtime game on sky that did sell out, including the ridiculous restricted view seats at the back that they should not be allowed to sell.

It does annoy me with Saints that we generally always take a lot more to Liverpool than we do to Everton which gives an indication of how many day trippers you get. Games with no glamour like Burnley we're lucky to sell 1000 for.

Look at it from the clubs point of view, we didn’t sell out Stoke which is nearer , so why risk the chance of being lumbered with tickets. It seems they lost money on both games last season as well. It seems to me that some people pick & choose their games & then moan when they can’t get tickets for certain ones. Liverpool away was pretty much guaranteed for anyone who did 5 always, this season & last. **** me it’s not like Utd or Liverpool where you need 17/18 away matches to qualify. 5 in a year and 3 months isn’t really that many. Although, I’m sure they’ll be plenty of excuses as to why people couldn’t reach that number, but I doubt we sold less than 5 aways out last season. Some members will probably miss out, and for them I’d hold back a couple of hundred & then after half a dozen games, count membership as equal to ST. It does seem unfair that a st holder with 2 aways is ranked above a member with 5.

What would also help people wanting to go to the occasional game,is if people stopped buying tickets when they’ve no intention of attending, but I guess that ain’t going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Think there's a number of reasons why it's happened, like someone said we've been stung a few times in the past on taking allocations and not selling them out, also didn't we have an issue at Wigan away where about half our support bought kids tickets and got in as kids?

Also a few grounds have reduced our allocation for "persistent standing", although the cynic in me say the occasions that's happened it's because they've known they could sell the tickets as home tickets at a higher price.

To be honest though i think the club have it about right, if you look at Stoke we didn't sell out and i'm fairly sure if we'd taken the full allocation for Liverpool we wouldn't sell that out either.

Also to add, people complaining they can't get up the ladder it's not actually that difficult. Games like Stoke, Burnley, West Brom, City (midweek) are all likely to make general sale, and add a couple of cup games and you're basically on the ladder for the high profile games next season.

From my reckoning we have a tiny percentage with 8+ (probably significantly over actually), then a few more with 5+ and then it becomes very congested at the 3+ mark. So doing 4-5 aways should more or less guarantee you a ticket to most games if you're organised.

Cant wait for the outrage when we only take 1800 tickets for the Spurs game at Wembley. The "full allocation" is 3,062

We'll take the full allocation just short of 3000. Even if some of the away regulars give this a swerve there will be plenty more who fancy a Christmas day out to Wembley.

its quite an easy game to drive to, park up at somewhere like Uxbridge and get the tube from there.

Remember Virgin did a couple of deals for our fans last year inc free coaches for Man Utd away, will be interesting to see if they do that again. Games like Man City away midweek where we'd take a very small following.

Goes right back to what this thread is about really. Liverpool away about to 'sell out' some three weeks before the game with a reduced allocation. Seems ridiculous.

The question isn’t whether we sell out the smaller allocation, but whether we’d sell out the larger one completely. If we don’t it’ll cost the club money.

The question isn’t whether we sell out the smaller allocation, but whether we’d sell out the larger one completely. If we don’t it’ll cost the club money.

I know but with the money in football and all that say 500 seats don't sell out then it would only cost say £15k for the club- let's just try and get as many as possible up there and if some remains, so be it- its not like it would cost us millions!

Goes right back to what this thread is about really. Liverpool away about to 'sell out' some three weeks before the game with a reduced allocation. Seems ridiculous.

There's currently 100 tickets left and I'd expect them to go tomorrow morning when they go on sale to members. They haven't put the restricted view ones on sale yet, but I don't count those as the view is so bad from some they shouldn't be allowed to sell them.

Surely we'll take 3000 for Chelsea this year, we've shown we can sell that same number for Palace easily so that should be an easy decision for ticket office to make.

what is the next size allocation?

Difficult to get a higher average if they accept lower allocations such as the one at Huddersfield which sold out very quickly, didn't even make Membership FFS.

Absolutely. How will that figure ever rise?

From what I can see, over the years the ticket office has failed to take into account factors such as day of the week and whether we have played the opponent for a while. First away of the season and last for example are going to be far more popular than a game taking place a week or two before Christmas. You can add form and general feeling around the club into to the mix too.

what is the next size allocation?

Just under 3000. We've sold 1800 so the maximum outlay if we didn't sell one more would only be £36k, but more likely to be half that.

Saints would rather save about £10,000 then have 2500 away fans there.

So we're moaning we were only given 1,800 tickets but there are still tickets left albeit limited and no open to anyone with history from 14/15 season. I think that says the club got the allocation right.

Fully agree in this instance, although they did get Huddersfield wrong

just hope they take full Allocations for Both Chelsea and Spurs which i'm sure they will

Difficult to get a higher average if they accept lower allocations such as the one at Huddersfield which sold out very quickly, didn't even make Membership FFS.

This.

Also now there is a consistent pricing policy of £30 per match it is possibly more affordable for people to travel where as before at some grounds tickets were costing over £50 (Chelsea) and thee were plenty in the mid £40's.

guys anyone able to recommend whether or not to get severely restricted tickets for the Anfield game?

I mean is it really worth a trek from Kent to Liverpool to not see much of the game :lol:

Plus the ticket is only £3 cheaper

no.

We'll take the full allocation just short of 3000. Even if some of the away regulars give this a swerve there will be plenty more who fancy a Christmas day out to Wembley.

its quite an easy game to drive to, park up at somewhere like Uxbridge and get the tube from there.

Are there Tubes on Boxing Day?

no.

yeah weve gone against it too in the end- think if seats were slghtly better than would have gone for it but oh well- my mate and I have also refused to buy a membership after the farce of last season and we did Anfield for the EFL Semi anyway so not too much of a loss.

Generally speaking there's a limited service on the tubes on boxing day, some lines tend to be closed for engineering work and the overground is normally shut, but that won't be confirmed for a little while yet. The buses will run pretty much as a sunday service, and there's normally a national express coach service running to Victoria.

yes tubes and buses usually run (was a Sunday service last time) but over line doesn't. Plenty going on in London on boxing day so transport infrastructure supports that.