One year ago today...

100%Red&White

Me. After a nightshift at work!! Left Dubai at about 9.30am and arrived in hotel in Milan about 12 hours and numerous in flight beers and wines later.

Made it to The Canal about 11pm to collect my ticket, not having a clue how I was going to get back to my small hotel. Luckily met up with a few other Dubai Saints and more importantly my mate with my ticket,

and bumped into 100's of people I've known over the years. Saw more people that I knew than I ever do when in Southampton!!

What a truly amazing experience the few days there were. Shame about Puels Team selection and Tactics. The game was there to be won and we turned down the chance to win it.

Presume all The Franny Stickers are still adorning various bars, bogs, bridges metro stations and vehicles!!

The Dubai Saints Flags getting a good showing!!

Always loved the San Siro, was great to see Saints play there. Shame we didn't score - think we would have won if we'd had someone other than Rodriguez playing. Absolutely dominated the first half, but they changed things and controlled it a bit more in the second 45. Goals against us always seem to have an air of inevitability about them, whereas the ones we score always seem so improbable - even penalties! Candreva's was a prime example of that, just seemed so easy.

I was stood just a bit further up from where that picture was taken. Hired a car and spent the next day at Lake Como/Lugano, great way to end an amazing trip (save for the train strikes which caused a few difficulties...)

Here's to the next one, hopefully we won't have to wait too long... :scared:

Blimey, that's gone quick. We had some great occasions last season but it was kind of tinted by the limp way we went out. Puel made the mistake of trying to do "just enough" to get out of the group stages, which meant it all came down to the last game. Just one more goal somewhere in one of the losses or wins would have seen us go through.

I sat at home, in floods of tears, still too ill after chemo & radiotherapy to travel. I'd booked flights and hotel for my son and I but had to admit defeat.

My son still went, traveled out and stayed with Corky Morris and two of his lads.

I was so, so gutted to miss it, and Prague, but especially Milan.

It was the only time in the whole cancer process that I felt sorry for myself simply because I didn't get to share it with my son and my mate, but especially my son.

I sat at home, in floods of tears, still too ill after chemo & radiotherapy to travel. I'd booked flights and hotel for my son and I but had to admit defeat.

My son still went, traveled out and stayed with Corky Morris and two of his lads.

It was the only time in the whole cancer process that I felt sorry for myself simply because I didn't get to share it with my son and my mate, but especially my son.

There’ll be more opportunities I’m sure. Doesn’t feel like it at the mo though. Never got the not too fussed about Europe lot. Can’t wait for more.

That's such a shame mate, hoping that things are better for you now.

One of my mates who I went with knows a guy who lives in Milan and is an Inter ST holder, and we went and met up with him at a small bar a short walk from the ground beforehand. As such, we were a little late arriving for the match and only just got inside in time for KO.

One of the most surreal experiences of my life... walking up to one of the most iconic sports stadia in the world, being pretty much deserted outside except for the security, and hearing OWTSGMI booming out from inside it. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Amazing few days despite the result. Seeing Saints play in one of the most famous stadia in the world was incredible, and the ground was every bit as stunning as I imagined. Remember having to climb those stairs and then the narrowest concourse I’ve ever seen!!

Good to hear that things are going better for you now. Some things are a reminder that there are more important things than football.

Milan. Glad I went and also managed to spend a night in Verona which I wouldn't otherwise have managed. Met some great Saints fans too. The whole trip was only spoilt by the match. Let's hope for some more nights like that.

Yep, sound thanks. All fixed and slimmer version of the one that started!

Lost a good friend last year to cancer after a three year fight of going in and out of remission. The anniversary was the weekend of the league cup final which cast a long shadow. Very glad it's all behind you.

Wow, where has that year gone. Went with JBS of this Parrish, his better half and my son. Flew to Geneva, hired a car and off we went down through Mont Blanc tunnel and all. Great couple of days and wonderful to see Saints play in one of most iconic stadiums in the world. Can't wait for next opportunity......

One of my proudest days as a Saints fan. Walking up loads of stairs to see the iconic ground open out in front of me from the concourse, a stadium I never thought I'd see Saints play in, and then hear OWTSGMI echo round the San Siro. Didn't really matter to me that we lost; of course I wanted us to win but it meant a lot even without the win.

Hell of a noise when Inter scored though!

Thats what I love about football, when you've been to to third world grounds and places like Bristol , Rotherham and Portsmouth, a trip to the San Siro is intensified so much.

You have to endure the crap to really enjoy the good.

P;sses over being a plastic top 5 fan any day of the week.

Most surreal day trip I have ever done.

This. Went with my son on the Sport Options flight from Bournemouth. Up at stupid o'clock in the morning....breakfast and beer at Bournemouth Airport at 5:30am.... in Milan before lunchtime.... back to Bournemouth after midnight (shortly followed by the Saints team who pushed in front of us at passport control!)..... and back home in the small hours of the morning via a Big Mac stop off at a deserted Rownhams Service Station.... and back at work at 9am..... As you say, all a tad surreal!

Incredible few days. Not sure I’ll ever forget the feeling of walking up to the san Siro to see saints play. Utterly surreal, especially as it was the iconic ground growing up, more even than the nou camp.

What I loved the most was the fact that there were so many generations of saints out there, over 8k of us and in many cases two or three generations of families.

The result wasn’t right but it summed up what football was about for me, absolute pride in my home city (and we did it proud too).

Ended up drinking with Jason Dodd too as one of my mates used to work for the club and knows him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up drinking with Jason Dodd too as one of my mates used to work for the club and knows him well.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the game, my mate and me walked past a small bar with a handful of locals in there and decided to nip in for a quick one. Ian Baird came in with a couple mates briefly, that's how famous it got for us!

But by the time we left some time later we had made new bestie mates with the Italians, found a lot of common ground in broken English and, all being of a certain age, reminisced about better days at the football.

A couple of them had been at the San Siro, down the other end and said when OWTS was booming out it made "the hairs on their arms stand up!". Didn't have the heart to tell them that some of us are sick to death of it these days on constant repeat!

A couple of them had been at the San Siro, down the other end and said when OWTS was booming out it made "the hairs on their arms stand up!". Didn't have the heart to tell them that some of us are sick to death of it these days on constant repeat!

Yeah, but, by the end of the second game they were as fed up with it as much as us

'the ****hampton fans singing their stupid theme song towards the end of the game, and the announcer "Wow what a great soundtrack to end off this game." Like really?'

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13722-Southampton-vs-Inter-(3-Nov-16)/page23

Wonder if they'll be doing a 'One year ago today' on the 3rd Nov? :p