Claude Puel

beavis17

And it’s 1 week until he’s sacked... for the second year running.

It’ll be a shame to lose such a world class manager from the PL forever. That being said, I’m sure he won’t mind with the Madrid job coming up and what not.

So Hughes has never finished above 9th. Puel finished 8th last season and will finish 9th this season. If not a World Class manager, he would seem to be on par with Sparky.

So Hughes has never finished above 9th. Puel finished 8th last season and will finish 9th this season. If not a World Class manager, he would seem to be on par with Sparky.

Neither Puel or Mark Hughes are world class managers.

Based on the evidence provided, Hughes is better at keeping a squad happy. Something Puel seems unable to achieve.

Also worth noting that Puel finishes 8th and 9th when the PL was arguably at its weakest (outside the top 4/5) and Hughes has finished higher than that in the past.

Puel is gone, and whilst I am unhappy with that, it SEEMS we have survived the disaster that nearly befell us.

I have warmed to Hughes, but if i had been told he would be our manager I would have thrown my arms up in despair.

When he was appointed I posted that whilst I was sceptical I would support him, and he deserves that support as well as a period of time next season.

Fake news

You are right Batman, it is fake news!

Finishing positions of Mark Hughes above 9th in the Premier League...

2005/06 - 6th

2007/08 - 7th

2010/11 - 8th

Puel was a poor manager, lets face it. Yeah he was slighlty better than that bloke who once luckily beat Barcelona, but still utter tosh compared to what we've had before.
I think our fans have been very unfair on him. I still think that goal at Liverpool in the semi final made the hairs on my neck stand up more than Gabbis the other night. Both achievements were fantastic by both mangers. I will state again that had Puel been given more time we would be playing some fantastic football now, as he would have addressed the poor scoring problem in the summer. We played some good football without the final finish.

I think our fans have been very unfair on him. I still think that goal at Liverpool in the semi final made the hairs on my neck stand up more than Gabbis the other night. Both achievements were fantastic by both mangers. I will state again that had Puel been given more time we would be playing some fantastic football now, as he would have addressed the poor scoring problem in the summer. We played some good football without the final finish.

The main problem with us and scoring isnt the strikeforce, but the midfield/Tadic being miss-managed. How you can change one of the highest assisting players in the premiership into an utter clown in the space of six months shows how bad Puel and Pellegrino were/are.

The main problem with us and scoring isnt the strikeforce, but the midfield/Tadic being miss-managed. How you can change one of the highest assisting players in the premiership into an utter clown in the space of six months shows how bad Puel and Pellegrino were/are.
Tadic was pretty good under Puel, and I think they got on well, as after the Leicester game up there Tadic went across and had a very friendly chat

Well the players around Tadic changed - losing Mane and Pelle massively hurt him. And let's not whitewash Tadic's contribution under Koeman. He was a streaky player and was frequently dropped because he often went missing in games.

Probably time to delete you account, or at least go on holiday :lol:

Well the players around Tadic changed - losing Mane and Pelle massively hurt him. And let's not whitewash Tadic's contribution under Koeman. He was a streaky player and was frequently dropped because he often went missing in games.

Tadic is that sort of player, if he wasn't he would be playing for Barcelona etc. He wont turn up 100% of matches, but he is our most creative player and most technically gifted. Even if he drives people up the wall with his "laziness".

I must have missed that even though I was at all the home games. Which game were you thinking of?

Tadic was pretty good under Puel, and I think they got on well, as after the Leicester game up there Tadic went across and had a very friendly chat

As with many other within the squad, Tadic did not get on with Puel.

Tadic is that sort of player, if he wasn't he would be playing for Barcelona etc. He wont turn up 100% of matches, but he is our most creative player and most technically gifted. Even if he drives people up the wall with his "laziness".

This.

My only criticism of him is that he is pretty slow on the ball and often holds it for a second or 2 too long.

Neither Puel or Mark Hughes are world class managers.

Based on the evidence provided, Hughes is better at keeping a squad happy. Something Puel seems unable to achieve.

Also worth noting that Puel finishes 8th and 9th when the PL was arguably at its weakest (outside the top 4/5) and Hughes has finished higher than that in the past.

I'm not sure about Hughes being the guy that keeps squads happy certainly isn't the impression Stoke players and fans have been giving.

As for Leicester their players seem to rule the roost. The last four managers there all seem to have fallen to player power.

I'm not sure about Hughes being the guy that keeps squads happy certainly isn't the impression Stoke players and fans have been giving.

As for Leicester their players seem to rule the roost. The last four managers there all seem to have fallen to player power.

Which you can sort of understand considering they have won the league.

From what I understand the squad love Hughes here. That could be down to the fact he’s much better than the last 2. As for Stoke, things have only started to sour of the past year, the 2/3 before that he done a very good job. Pretty much down to their recruitment.

From what I understand the squad love Hughes here. That could be down to the fact he’s much better than the last 2. As for Stoke, things have only started to sour of the past year, the 2/3 before that he done a very good job. Pretty much down to their recruitment.

The thing to be wary of there, is Hughes’ role in Stoke’s poor recruitment. They’ve blamed him for Wimmer, Berahino and Imbula. The manager has input on player recruitment at Saints - even a lame duck manager: see Carrillo for a most recent example.

The thing to be wary of there, is Hughes’ role in Stoke’s poor recruitment. They’ve blamed him for Wimmer, Berahino and Imbula. The manager has input on player recruitment at Saints - even a lame duck manager: see Carrillo for a most recent example.

Weren't we also in for Wimmer and Imbula?

I could also understand the Berahino thinking at the time too, as I'm sure many Stoke fans could. Obviously a risk but appeared to have the ability to stick the ball in the net, which is what they were missing. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nobody's posted in here for a little while, thought I'd give it a little bump.

Just a reminder that's it been 1 day since Puel last beat a top six team in the league.

:)

Did you know all three promoted clubs beat a top 6 side this year? Put like that it doesn't make our Claude's win, against an Arsenal side which are absolute ****e away from home, that special?

Did you know all three promoted clubs beat a top 6 side this year? Put like that it doesn't make our Claude's win, against an Arsenal side which are absolute ****e away from home, that special?

Given that pellegrino classes draws as wins. We also beat Arsenal 1-1 at home

I could also understand the Berahino thinking at the time too, as I'm sure many Stoke fans could. Obviously a risk but appeared to have the ability to stick the ball in the net, which is what they were missing. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

You never know for sure but I remember those two names being linked with Saints in the press.

Absolute madness to give him a five-year contract though.

Exactly this. It also made Puel's job much harder.

What’s your excuse for his time at Leicester then? By all accounts he’s lost the dressing room as he did here.
Everyone loses the Leicester dressing room - even winning the league isn't good enough for that bunch of tossers.

I suspect they've got far deeper problems than the manager.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

What’s your excuse for his time at Leicester then? By all accounts he’s lost the dressing room as he did here.

So did Claudio Ranieri literally months after winning the PL.... When he arrived Leicester where below us and threatened with relegation they are finishing 9th, 14pts clear of the relegation zone seems like a decent job done to me.

When he arrived Leicester where below us and threatened with relegation

:lol: Craig Shakespeare was sacked 7 games into the season! Nobody is threatened with relegation after 7 games.

Don't forget you need to go back to 2010 and Paulo Sousa to find a leicester manager with a lower win % than puel

Sven

Pearson

Ranieri

Shakespeare

Appleton

They all have better win %

Similar story at Saints, need to go back to 2009 and Mark Wotte to find a Saints manager with a lower win % before Puel arrived.

#worldclass

Are we going to disregard his sabotaging of the Europe league campaign?

:lol: Craig Shakespeare was sacked 7 games into the season! Nobody is threatened with relegation after 7 games.

Don't forget you need to go back to 2010 and Paulo Sousa to find a leicester manager with a lower win % than puel

Sven

Pearson

Ranieri

Shakespeare

Appleton

Similar story at Saints, need to go back to 2009 and Mark Wotte to find a Saints manager with a lower win % before Puel arrived.

#worldclass

LOL textbook use of Glasgow facts..

Sven

Pearson

Ranieri

Shakespeare

Appleton

#worldclass

One too many weetabix this morning, little fella?

#triggered

Edited by shurlock

What, 1-0 ?
I thought it was about good exciting football. The same was for the Spurs game at home,whilst we lost we batteredthem,but of course as was the case for most of the season we couldn't put the ball into the net and that cost us. Still good football though

I thought it was about good exciting football. The same was for the Spurs game at home,whilst we lost we batteredthem,but of course as was the case for most of the season we couldn't put the ball into the net and that cost us. Still good football though

It’s was good against Spurs for about 15mins, then it was ****.

Are we going to disregard his sabotaging of the Europe league campaign?
are you talking of Koeman or Puel? Yet again asper most of that season we missed gilt edged chances that would have made us coast into the knockout stage. I recall VVD's easy header chance and Jrod at Milan. We sold our goals and relied on Long an injured Austin and Jrod who was never the player he was before the injury. If you think you can run a PL and Europa Cup campaign with those resources good on you.