Claude Puel

beavis17

Vardy gives his support 100% to Puel... hmmm who to believe, the tabloids who definitely never make stuff up ever or the players? Hmmmm

If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that public statements saying, "we are behind the manager 100%," are always entirely sincere and backed by every member of the squad. Just like when players say they love the club and won’t be going anywhere, or when chairmen say a player won’t be sold in summer.

I literally cannot imagine any set of fans chanting , "Are you glad you sacked Puel" next season. Not even sure what the thought process is to even think of this. What tune would it be chanted to?

Leicester sung it at St Mary's. Same tune as 'You're not fit to wear the ****' or 'you're not fit to referee' etc.

Yes, Just because it was wrong to appoint Pellegrino and wrong not to sack him sooner does not mean it was wrong to sack Puel.

Those that keep on about be careful what you wish for, well I wished and and glad Puel got the sack, I didn't wish for the appointment of a ****ing clown as his replacement.

Yhep, far too many in the media keen to stick the boot in. Quite a few of the 'you can't keep selling your best players' mob were happy to see our failure as if we willfully planned to see our best players be tapped up in Blackpool hotels year on year.

Puel is/has been a decent manager, just wasn't right for us. Probably not a good fit for this league by all accounts. No shame in that.

Pellegrino was never the right man for the task at hand. I think some go OTT on their attitude towards him but clearly wasn't up to the job. He was a nice chap all considered but that kept him in post too long.

They're on the beach, who cares, he kept them up, job done. Another success story confirmed.

Pretty sure they didn't give him £80m to spend in the hope they stay up. If they wanted that they would have kept Shakespeare on. Who by the way has a better record than Puel there.

He is going to be sacked for sure.

Puel loses 5-0 to Palace! Hes ****ed another job

Keepig The 2016 league champions and 2017 champions league quarter finalists up is not a success story. Keeping huddersfield up is!!

Puel has ****ed it again

He kept them up in a truly world class way

On a serious note, it is the one weakness he has, motivating his players to perform at the end of the season when they have nothing to play for. Happened with us too, although I'd argue the players should shoulder some of the blame too. Contrast to Allardyce has a point to prove at Everton as their fans have been criticising him, what does Puel have to prove? Another top half finish, job done for him, and their players are saving themselves for the World Cup.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that public statements saying, "we are behind the manager 100%," are always entirely sincere and backed by every member of the squad. Just like when players say they love the club and won’t be going anywhere, or when chairmen say a player won’t be sold in summer.

Actually I can think of many examples when people say those things and then the opposite happens. I hope that isn't the one thing you have learned.

Of course they had something to play for. They could have got into Europe. They were only a few points behind Burnley at the 30 game mark. If they chucked in the towel at that point then it shows he is a **** manager if he can't motivate his players to want to get into Europe. It's not like they even had tough games. Newcastle, Bompey, us, Palace and of course Burnley. They got 2 points from those 15. You do talk some rubbish sometimes mate.

On a serious note, it is the one weakness he has, motivating his players to perform at the end of the season when they have nothing to play for. Happened with us too, although I'd argue the players should shoulder some of the blame too. Contrast to Allardyce has a point to prove at Everton as their fans have been criticising him, what does Puel have to prove? Another top half finish, job done for him, and their players are saving themselves for the World Cup.

That's his ONE weakness?!!

Do world class managers settle for a top ten finish and then switch off, job done?

I'd always associate world class managers with having a little bit more drive than that.

It’s not his fault. It’s the stupid fans getting on his back not appreciating him. It’s the stupid ungrateful players.

8th and a cup final last season, 10th this season, be careful what you wish for.

Leicester sung it at St Mary's. Same tune as 'You're not fit to wear the ****' or 'you're not fit to referee' etc.

I wonder if we played them now they’d still sing that? I very much doubt it looking a social media.... #puelout reminds me of this time last year.

I think you are quite possibly the most clueless wally on here, which is quite impressive.

Actually I can think of many examples when people say those things and then the opposite happens. I hope that isn't the one thing you have learned.

I think you may have missed the point of my post.

Anyway, it’s hardly surprising Leicester played like that today. Don’t forget they sold Vardy and Mahrez in summer and have had a European campaign and a cup final to deal with.

Just a typical post on their forum....

We used to defend a corner by having Mahrez and Vardy on the half way line, now we have no one up or even half way to the halfway line. He’s so boring and so is his football. Got to go now

you can dress it up as you like to try and argue your weak position. The fact is we played superb football, and those same players are at the club. Apart from VVD, that was basically the team who got us to 8th. To the outside world, we have done football Hari Kari, both fans and club have little sympathy from them.

I have just been reading the foxes forum..and I thought of this post.... If Puel is so great how come after a few months at Leicester he is back in the same position he was with us?

Talk of 30000 people booing him at the next home game, polls over and over asking should he be sacked, do you want him sacked, when should he be sacked....

Talk of boring turgid football...

A world class manager couldn't get two sets of fans to turn on him like this deliberately.....

So instead of you repeating on many posts about how those wanting him gone aren't man enough to admit they were wrong....

how about you man up and admit you were wrong...

He isn't suited to English football and he manages to alienate fans without effort due to, just mentioning a couple of examples rather than a full list, boring sideways football, poor motivation of players and uneccassary squad rotations.

kept Shakespeare. Who by the way has a better record than Puel there.

He is going to be sacked for sure.

Tbf you need to go back to 2010 and Paulo Sousa to find a leicester manager with a lower win % than puel

Sven

Pearson

Ranieri

Shakespeare

Appleton

They all have better win %

Similar story at Saints, need to go back to 2009 and Mark Wotte to find a Saints manager with a lower win % before Puel arrived.

#worldclass

Tbf you need to go back to 2010 and Paulo Sousa to find a leicester manager with a lower win % than puel

Sven

Pearson

Ranieri

Shakespeare

Appleton

They all have better win %

Similar story at Saints, need to go back to 2009 and Mark Wotte to find a Saints manager with a lower win % before Puel arrived.

#worldclass

Pre-Puel: 9 games. 2 wins (22.2%). 12 goals scored (1.33/game). 14 conceded (1.56/game).

Puel: 26 games. 9 wins (34.6%). 37 goals scored (1.42/game). 38 conceded (1.46/game).

He's improved them. Another solid season from him where he's guided a non-top 6 team to one of the 4 remaining top half spots. Their board would be happy with that. They also easily have the most goals scored outside the top 6. Their fans are daft if they're expecting more excitement because this is the modern premier league where most teams outside the top 6 play to not lose.

From a Leicester fan

“The most boring dull manager in our history

and we have regressed as a team

Puel OUT and as quick as possible please”.

Many more from

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/115603-when-does-puel-go-a-simple-poll-mk-3/?page=3

Dreadful manager, awful 1 star appointment by Leicester particularly given the warning his time with us provided.

We played boring football under Puel.

We played worse football under Pellegrino. Everyone would have sooner had Puel than Pellegrino, but that doesn't change the fact that we were boring under Puel.

I was surprised we sacked Puel, but not disappointed. I would have Hughes over Puel every day of every week.

Assuming Puel gets fired in the summer, I don't think we will see him in the Premier League again.

Nobody's posted in here for a little while, thought I'd give it a little bump.

Just a reminder that's it been 1 day since Puel last beat a top six team in the league.

:)

And it’s 1 week until he’s sacked... for the second year running.

It’ll be a shame to lose such a world class manager from the PL forever. That being said, I’m sure he won’t mind with the Madrid job coming up and what not.

Nobody's posted in here for a little while, thought I'd give it a little bump.

Just a reminder that's it been 1 day since Puel last beat a top six team in the league.

:)

True, also how may weeks is it since super Silva was in a managers job in the premier league or anywhere else for that matter... :?