Claude Puel

beavis17

A little disingenuous, Glasgow. He has, so far, taken a Premiership side to 8th and a League Cup Final. A successful opening season?

However, it would call for a change in Leicester's current playing style, but some may say it needs changing.

No what he did was take over a team on a massive massive high (continuous improvement for 7 seasons) and managed to get us the quick fast boot from Europe, drop 17 points, score less, concede more.

If he delivers a similar size drop off for Leicester then they will be relegated this year.

The decision to fire him was right even if the replacement isn't working out too well so far.

Would be a poor appointment from Leicester for all the reasons he was deemed a failure here, namely that he cannot communicate with supporters.

No what he did was take over a team on a massive massive high (continuous improvement for 7 seasons) and managed to get us the quick fast boot from Europe, drop 17 points, score less, concede more.

If he delivers a similar size drop off for Leicester then they will be relegated this year.

I guess so, but maybe the sale of Mane and Wanyama was two too many...

Not to forget Forster fast turning sh*te, Fonte become bigheaded following Portugal's win, not to mention no Gabbiadini until January and no VVD after January?

Certainly not a Puel fan, but last season is proving slightly better than our current campaign.

The decision to fire him was right even if the replacement isn't working out too well so far.Would be a poor appointment from Leicester for all the reasons he was deemed a failure here, namely that he cannot communicate with supporters.

The decision was only right if we replaced him with better.... evidence so far is suggesting that isn't the case.

Of course Leicester would be interested in him - he led us to a top half finish and a cup final with what was a pretty poor squad.

He's a world class manager, it's a shame our idiot fans are unable to see this. Leicester's owners are clearly very smart.

Don`t forget the interviews..... our fans did`nt like the interviews....

Of course Leicester would be interested in him - he led us to a top half finish and a cup final with what was a pretty poor squad.

He's a world class manager, it's a shame our idiot fans are unable to see this. Leicester's owners are clearly very smart.

What?!?!?!? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Amazing how many senior professionals who have been at top clubs failed to recognise a world class manager.

Come on mate, you cannot honestly believe that he is a 'world class' manager?

Started last season with the Koeman era afterglow...slowly but surely Puel's grip on the team started to tighten and we became more and more dull until eventually getting to the point where we didn't score AT ALL. The most boring football I have EVER witnessed.

I'm hoping this season so far has been a hangover from Puel's reign. Albiet, I do realise we also have some serious personel issues offensively that need adressing.

Edited by Disco Stu

Up until the last 4 home games of the season I thought Puel should remain manager at SMS.

Our away displays were, on the whole, excellent but I could totally understand why those who only do the home games wanted him gone after those 4 games or so.

However, many fans wanted him gone from the get go because of his less than exciting interviews, which illustrates how dumb a large section of our fanbase is.

I still think he's a tactically astute manager who was dealt a sh_it hand with injuries and Leicester could do an awful lot worse than appointing him. He's certainly better than the numpty we've now got.

I hope they finish above us with Puel so I can laugh.

Yes how we would all laugh at him taking Leicester to 17th and us being below them.

I honestly hope he goes there so we can see if he is actually any good or not. They probably overall have a better squad than us so there would be no excuses this time, no Europe etc etc.

However ...World class? He should hold out for Bayern then!

What?!?!?!? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Amazing how many senior professionals who have been at top clubs failed to recognise a world class manager.

Come on mate, you cannot honestly believe that he is a 'world class' manager?

I normally agree with a lot of what Pamplemousse says. Fair play, in hindsight, Puel was a better manager than I thought and I'd swap him for MP given the choice but "World Class"... no way in hell.

The decision to fire him was right even if the replacement isn't working out too well so far.

Would be a poor appointment from Leicester for all the reasons he was deemed a failure here, namely that he cannot communicate with supporters.

All may have been very different had Les backed Puel up by supplying him and us with a proper replacement for Mane in August/September 2016 instead of gambling on untried strikers.

What world? Toytown?

Unlike Poch and his translator you mean?

Leicester fans seem naturally underwhelmed at the prospect of Puel.

A few responses.....

No no no no no no no no no no no thanks

Bored the Southampton fans to death last season.

**** off

rather have claude off the apprentice thanks

He's got the charisma of a squashed frog!

Are we just naming as many mediocre managers as we can now?

No thanks that’s like going backwards !!

I think some people need to go and re-read the match threads from last season for Puel's last 7 or 8 home games. We were properly awful. Worse than awful, boring.

Yes a lot of revisionism going on, bar a handful of good performances, last season was a real grind. Puel isn't a terrible manager but he's certainly nothing special and I've never been so bored watching Saints as I was last season.

I think some people need to go and re-read the match threads from last season for Puel's last 7 or 8 home games. We were properly awful. Worse than awful, boring.

So what's changed? We've had one win at home this season and we needed the refs help to beat 10 man Wham. Last season at least we were a bit better on the road this season even away we are **** only managing to edge a tight games against bottom of the table Palace. We've actually got worse this season despite having no Europe and bringing in the quality of Lemenia and getting VVD back from injury.

Unlike the fun we have been served up this season particularly Wolves and Watford.

And fck me if you form your opinion from a match thread on here you are a silly billy

Unlike the fun we have been served up this season particularly Wolves and Watford.

And fck me if you form your opinion from a match thread on here you are a silly billy

yeah but that was a relief because cup finals are no big deal and really easy to get a team into hence the dozens and dozens of cup finals saints fans have had the joy of attending.

Ah, like when Redknapp proved how wrong we were to sack Wigley.

I don’t form my opinion on anything I read here, I was at most of those games. I’d say those threads were fairly indicative of our performances overall, unless you’re suggesting the home games against Hull, Bournemouth, Stoke, Man Utd, West Brom, West Ham, Be’er Sheva, Man City, Liverpool, Sunderland, Watford and Spurs were actually good?

yeah but that was a relief because cup finals are no big deal and really easy to get a team into hence the dozens and dozens of cup finals saints fans have had the joy of attending.

And?

It’s like saying Leicester should have kept Ranieri or Chelsea, Mourinho because he won the league. You’re basically saying Puel was good because of 2 decent performances against Liverpool. Beating half-arsed Palace, Arsenal and Sunderland reserves really isn’t that special. I remember that Sunderland game as being absolute garbage.

I went to every home game last year and most weren’t as bad as many thought. Our fans just get more deluded each season. Yes some games were dill but many aways weren’t. We also created chances but misfiring players helped many fans keen to perpetuate the narrative that it was all so dull. I cannot recall anything as dire as Wolves and Watford this season for many a moon.

And?

It’s like saying Leicester should have kept Ranieri or Chelsea, Mourinho because he won the league. You’re basically saying Puel was good because of 2 decent performances against Liverpool. Beating half-arsed Palace, Arsenal and Sunderland reserves really isn’t that special. I remember that Sunderland game as being absolute garbage.

Arsenal away was a superb performance but hey everyone wins at the Emirates eh. And we are Mighty Saints who are used to winning everything......in style

Arsenal away was a superb performance but hey everyone wins at the Emirates eh. And we are Mighty Saints who are used to winning everything......in style

Yes, I still can't believe we beat Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campb... oh no wait we were playing against Paulista, Holding, Jenkinson and some bloke called Jeff Reine Adelaide (whoever the frig he is).

If Arsenal played that team every week, they'd be bottom half. 9 of our first team players beat Arsenal's reserves, that's all that happened there.

I went to every home game last year and most weren’t as bad as many thought. Our fans just get more deluded each season. Yes some games were dill but many aways weren’t. We also created chances but misfiring players helped many fans keen to perpetuate the narrative that it was all so dull. I cannot recall anything as dire as Wolves and Watford this season for many a moon.

Many of them were easily as bad, IMO. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Yes, I still can't believe we beat Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campb... oh no wait we were playing against Paulista, Holding, Jenkinson and some bloke called Jeff Reine Adelaide (whoever the frig he is).

If Arsenal played that team every week, they'd be bottom half. 9 of our first team players beat Arsenal's reserves, that's all that happened there.

Many of them were easily as bad, IMO. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Yeah we will. Love fans that dismiss so many things good. Want to admit we outplayed an understrength Utd side? How he did that being so dull and all. Oh and San Siro well yeah Inter were sh1te.

Look forward to us scoring 4 away against Watford this season. Just a matter of time

And expect you didn’t go the Arsenal game as bothering with that crp reserve team football. What’s the point it’s all about the PL and the merit money

Yeah we will. Love fans that dismiss so many things good. Want to admit we outplayed an understrength Utd side? How he did that being so dull and all. Oh and San Siro well yeah Inter were sh1te.

Look forward to us scoring 4 away against Watford this season. Just a matter of time

Look forward to us losing 3-0 at Palace and 3-1 at home to West Ham.

You can't just pick one game as an avatar for Puel's football.

Look forward to us losing 3-0 at Palace and 3-1 at home to West Ham.

You can't just pick one game as an avatar for Puel's football.

Some of my favs...

Losing 0-5 Arsenal

Losing 1-0 to Sparta Prague

Drawing with HBS twice

Losing 2-1 to Hull who had one win in 20

Losing 3-0 to Palace who had one once in 18

Losing comfortably to WBA, Burnley, Swansea, WHU, Stoke

Not beating any of the top 6 in the league all season

Was a great season :lol: