Claude Puel

beavis17

I’m amazed anyone on here think the fans can sway Les - if that was the case how can you explain MoPe ?. If the fans were right or wrong that is irrelevant - our board are paid to make the right decision for their owners not the fans. The decision to fire him and replace him with MoPe was a bad one, but to be clear the fans had zero input to it so bickering on here on who was right or wrong seems a bit pointiessc(but would delight les and the board no doubt)

Exactly this. And on top of that the fans were not united in Puel going. Unlike the clown, where 95% of us knew he was out of his depth months ago.

It's all been explained 100 times already. Two word summary: Mane and Pelle.

Yes, those two players who disappeared for 6 months when it was cold were apparently the be all and end all of Premier League football.

Our problems over the last 2 seasons have largely come from how we play as a team, not who is up front. Pelle would make no difference to Puel or MoPe's teams at all. He would just stand there looking board, getting naff all service. It's not as if we've been putting pinpoint crosses into the 6 yard box and the strikers have been shanking them into the car park. We've just played badly and Pelle would look little better (dare I say it) than Carrillo this season.

Mané would improve us, as he would 99% of teams in Europe. Everyone apart from Liverpool manages to make do without him, so it's hardly an excuse.

Finishing 6th the season was a great season.

Finishing 8th with 48 pts made it an Ok season. Reaching the league cup final made it a good season.

Puel was not sacked because of his results.

On top of that supporters who thought the football was boring. It was possession based football had we had the players capable of delivering the killer balls and finishing it we would have all be singing his praises.

It is european style football but fans at this football club were too short sighted to appreciate what he was trying to do, me the first.

But to continue belting along that Puel was useless and is responsible for our demise, that is just thick and you need to get a new brain.

48 points???

The football was worse than boring.

So what if the players hated him.I ****ing hate them. Perhaps he knew what a bottle less bunch of fairies they were and kept hammering them. Still you got your exciting football the last 2 games. 10 goals, end to end stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What on Earth have the last 2 games got to do with Puel?

What on Earth have the last 2 games got to do with Puel?

It's exciting end to end stuff, far better than the 0-0 draws this time last year at home. People pay good money, they wanted entertainment man. 8th was boring, Claude was boring. We're banging them in for fun now. Yeah, go Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's exciting end to end stuff, far better than the 0-0 draws this time last year at home. People pay good money, they wanted entertainment man. 8th was boring, Claude was boring. We're banging them in for fun now. Yeah, go Saints

Triggered

#lolz

You talk as if people were wrong for wanting more than boring, sideways, risk-adverse, possession football at home to teams like Bompey, Hull, Stoke and Hapoel Be'er F**king Sheva. Puel's teams were invariably set out for a 0-0 and, to his credit, he regularly delivered on half of that score line, if not the other.

You talk as if people were wrong for wanting more than boring, sideways, risk-adverse, possession football at home to teams like Bompey, Hull, Stoke and Hapoel Be'er F**king Sheva. Puel's teams were invariably set out for a 0-0 and, to his credit, he regularly delivered on half of that score line, if not the other.

Careful what you wish for.

Yes, those two players who disappeared for 6 months when it was cold were apparently the be all and end all of Premier League football.

Our problems over the last 2 seasons have largely come from how we play as a team, not who is up front. Pelle would make no difference to Puel or MoPe's teams at all. He would just stand there looking board, getting naff all service. It's not as if we've been putting pinpoint crosses into the 6 yard box and the strikers have been shanking them into the car park. We've just played badly and Pelle would look little better (dare I say it) than Carrillo this season.

Mané would improve us, as he would 99% of teams in Europe. Everyone apart from Liverpool manages to make do without him, so it's hardly an excuse.

Of course the problems up front were a major contribution. As long as people compare Puel's season with the one(s) before it then Mane and Pelle not being adequately replaced has to be brought up. There are other factors too, more games, Fonte fiasco, VVD and Austin injured, etc., etc. The Puel hate mob willfully continue to ignore this.

Well the players that "hated" Puel certainly let themselves down when we faced Leicester earlier in the season. But of course, that wasn't their fault it was the shiete manager. Let's see what they do Thurs under a different one. Let's see when I really matters, surely the threat of relegation plus the hatred of Puel should mean they come flying out of the traps, absolutely determined to prove a point.

On 46 points with a goal difference of -7

The team in 13th position had 44 points. I don’t call that a good season.

By any measure 1 of our top 5 Premier League finishes.

46-50 points will be good enough again for 8th this season which is what Leicester are set for.

Are you a recently converted Man U fan? You seem to have a sense of entitlement that normally only comes with supporters of the 'big 5'

Well the players that "hated" Puel certainly let themselves down when we faced Leicester earlier in the season. But of course, that wasn't their fault it was the shiete manager. Let's see what they do Thurs under a different one. Let's see when I really matters, surely the threat of relegation plus the hatred of Puel should mean they come flying out of the traps, absolutely determined to prove a point.

Lets hope so

By any measure 1 of our top 5 Premier League finishes.

46-50 points will be good enough again for 8th this season which is what Leicester are set for.

Are you a recently converted Man U fan? You seem to have a sense of entitlement that normally only comes with supporters of the 'big 5'

It wasn’t 46 points it was 44.

Sense of entitlement? Quite the reverse. I can’t get excited over finishing 8th, marginally higher than all the other anonymous teams that finished within a couple of points of us. We weren’t 8th best, we were 12th least worst. What did we win? What prize did we get?

It was an awful season and I hope and expect for better.

Sense of entitlement? Quite the reverse. I can’t get excited over finishing 8th, marginally higher than all the other anonymous teams that finished within a couple of points of us. We weren’t 8th best, we were 12th least worst. What did we win? What prize did we get?

It was an awful season and I hope and expect for better.

I take your sentiment about the quality of the football etc. But if we leave the issue of Claude Puel to one side, are you saying you expect saints (regardless of who is in charge) to finish higher than 8th? Or that you expect us to get significantly higher than 44 points? Or that you expect us to win a trophy? For that to be an expectation, not an aspiration, not a target, but what you expect to happen (as in, the base level of performance that you expect) I would argue those are somewhat unrealistic expectations

I take your sentiment about the quality of the football etc. But if we leave the issue of Claude Puel to one side, are you saying you expect saints (regardless of who is in charge) to finish higher than 8th? Or that you expect us to get significantly higher than 44 points? Or that you expect us to win a trophy? For that to be an expectation, not an aspiration, not a target, but what you expect to happen (as in, the base level of performance that you expect) I would argue those are somewhat unrealistic expectations

What do I want?

Firstly, I want to be entertained, I want to be roused, I want to feel some passion about the game that I’m watching. I want to see some effort, unforgettable moments, something that gets me up out of my seat with a smile.

I expect us to finish higher than 44 points.

I don’t expect us to win a trophy, but that would be nice once in a generation.

Above all I want to see us go all-out to try to win every game.

What do I want?

Firstly, I want to be entertained, I want to be roused, I want to feel some passion about the game that I’m watching. I want to see some effort, unforgettable moments, something that gets me up out of my seat with a smile.

I expect us to finish higher than 44 points.

I don’t expect us to win a trophy, but that would be nice once in a generation.

Above all I want to see us go all-out to try to win every game.

and lose 4-3 every week. That is just as frustrating as drawing 0-0 every week

That doesn't follow.

And you can't win unless you score goals.

Losing 4-3 is just as annoying as 0-0draws. You are right you need to score goals, but you will recall the days under Chris Nicholl, (another who should never have been sacked) and the fans really getting on his back as we kept losing in multi scoring games

Losing 4-3 is just as annoying as 0-0draws. You are right you need to score goals, but you will recall the days under Chris Nicholl, (another who should never have been sacked) and the fans really getting on his back as we kept losing in multi scoring games

I'd take Nicholl's teams over this lot any day of the week. The football was crazy, win 4-0 then get spanked 4-0 but one thing it was never was boring.

Too many clubs have forgotten that football is supposed to be entertainment and I've gotten more enjoyment out of the last 2 games than I got out of just about every Pellegrino game.

I'm definitely in the 'romantic' camp - give me a crazy goal feast over a turgid 0-0 any day.

We finished 2016/2017 with 46 points, our 5th highest Premier League finish. Your expectations are out of touch with the reality of today's Premier League for a club like Saints.

And you can't win unless you score goals.

A typical fan comment but it's not the way the pros think.

Did you know that in the dressing room for at least the Adkins and Pock era was a single slogan in the Saint's dressing room?

"Goals win games, defense wins championships"

Once again, your expectations aren't in touch with reality. You'd be better off supporting a glory club.

I'd take Nicholl's teams over this lot any day of the week. The football was crazy, win 4-0 then get spanked 4-0 but one thing it was never was boring.

Too many clubs have forgotten that football is supposed to be entertainment and I've gotten more enjoyment out of the last 2 games than I got out of just about every Pellegrino game.

I'm definitely in the 'romantic' camp - give me a crazy goal feast over a turgid 0-0 any day.

I think it was some of the best football I saw. My favourite forward line of Rod Wallace MLT and Shearer. Especially MLT and Wallace,the game away at QPR when they tore the defence apart, and of course Liverpool at the Dell when we won 4-1

We finished 2016/2017 with 46 points, our 5th highest Premier League finish. Your expectations are out of touch with the reality of today's Premier League for a club like Saints.

A typical fan comment but it's not the way the pros think.

Did you know that in the dressing room for at least the Adkins and Pock era was a single slogan in the Saint's dressing room?

"Goals win games, defense wins championships"

Once again, your expectations aren't in touch with reality. You'd be better off supporting a glory club.

You misunderstand me completely. All I am saying is that barking on about '8th and a cup final' is meaningless. I don't have any expectations as far as Saints are concerned, but I do want to get some entertainment for my money.

"Goals win games, defense wins championships" (did you mean defence?) has been around for longer than I have and the original quote was from an American, I believe. I don't expect Saints to win any championships but I do expect a few goals now and again.

I'm curious as to what makes you think that I have high expectations? Far from it.

I remember Nicholl's quote just after being sacked. Something like "I haven't been sacked because I failed. I've been sacked because I haven't succeeded".

Ivan Glolac was my neighbour at the time and I often chatted to him about attacking strategy. He and Nicholl used to be room mates on away trips. He was a gung-ho type and said that he liked to leave three up front when defending corners.

Full appreciate that we’re going down, pretty much without a fight, but I am not jealous of Leicester one bit.

If they keep Puel as long as we kept MP they’ll be in our position next season as well. Shocking today (as were we) and pretty much exactly what we saw in the second half of the season under him.

Turns out he is a pretty average manager after all.

Full appreciate that we’re going down, pretty much without a fight, but I am not jealous of Leicester one bit.

If they keep Puel as long as we kept MP they’ll be in our position next season as well. Shocking today (as were we) and pretty much exactly what we saw in the second half of the season under him.

Turns out he is a pretty average manager after all.

Yes, and Leicester were roundly booed off at the end. I don’t believe Puel will be there next season, they’ll bin him, because, as you point out, the anti entertainment possession football is not popular with the fans...

when he went to Leicester they were 1 point above the relegation zone. Perhaps Leicester might realise that you need to bed in and build. Vardy's and Mahrez wont be there forever and so they have to plan after the long ball for Vardy.

Anyway he is no longer Saints manager, but if anyone had said last April that Puel would be gone and MH was going to be our manager most would have thrown their arms up and laughed at the nonsense of it

He is a crap manager for this league. He won’t be at Leicester for that long

The fact one or two on here think he is world class is a bit weird

Another top half finish though.

Whether you like it or not, the fact he managed to get this squad of players as high as he did is something which probably even Guardiola would not be able to manager. So yes, Puel is world class. You can either accept these facts or be honest and admit that you were wrong and I was right all along.

Whether you like it or not, the fact he managed to get this squad of players as high as he did is something which probably even Guardiola would not be able to manager. So yes, Puel is world class. You can either accept these facts or be honest and admit that you were wrong and I was right all along.

:lol:

Love it. Even Leicester fans don’t generally like or rate him.

Should imagine such a world class pedigree will find himself at Arsenal in the summer, no doubt!

"world class".

:lol:

What, when they were winning the league or when he was pushing them towards a relegation scrap?

Can’t remember!

Obviously not when they were winning the league, but they weren't heading for relegation. And I doubt very few wanted him in the first place.

Football fans in general aren't very intelligent.

I've heard some describe Claude Puel as a "world class manager".

If Puel was our manager, we wouldn't be in the relegation zone, that is a fact.

No other manager could have done what he did with the mediocre squad we had, and the lengthy injuries to our best striker and best centre back.