Claude Puel

beavis17

#clueless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep you probably are if you dont understand satire.

Ffs Leicester won the league 18 months ago, champions league quarter finalists less than a year ago.

If you thought i was being sincere then bless your cottons

Puel's the one and only manager we'll ever have who has won one of the big 5 domestic leagues and reached the last four of the Champions League.

It is rather amusing to see him prove a lot of people wrong, although slightly painful as I don't really like Leicester. Won't be long before one of the big six comes in for him, or a major European club.

How on Earth has Puel turned into some kind of managerial god in the eyes of some? Whatever he did or is doing at other clubs is totally irrelevant as it doesn't change what he did here.

Top half finish should be par for this squad. 8th place was fine on the face of it, but we finished only 6 points ahead of fourth bottom, and a massive 23 points behind 6th (where we finished previous season). That tells you far more about how the season went as opposed to just banging on about how great an achievement it was to finish 8th. In this case it was a fine line between upper mid table and being in a relegation battle.

He threw the FA Cup.

He failed in (arguably threw) the Europa League.

We scored less than a goal a game at home and played mind numbing defensive football.

His one saving grace was the League Cup run, and we played well in the final, but let's not pretend we didn't beat some poor/weakened sides to get there (Liverpool aside).

For me the writing was on the wall and whilst I don't think Puel would have got us relegated I think we would have been lower mid-table with him and still playing the mind numbing football. Neither he or Pellegrino have been good appointments and it's that lack of a strong manager which has got us where we are today imo.

How on Earth has Puel turned into some kind of managerial god in the eyes of some? Whatever he did or is doing at other clubs is totally irrelevant as it doesn't change what he did here.

Top half finish should be par for this squad. 8th place was fine on the face of it, but we finished only 6 points ahead of fourth bottom, and a massive 23 points behind 6th (where we finished previous season). That tells you far more about how the season went as opposed to just banging on about how great an achievement it was to finish 8th. In this case it was a fine line between upper mid table and being in a relegation battle.

He threw the FA Cup.

He failed in (arguably threw) the Europa League.

We scored less than a goal a game at home and played mind numbing defensive football.

His one saving grace was the League Cup run, and we played well in the final, but let's not pretend we didn't beat some poor/weakened sides to get there (Liverpool aside).

For me the writing was on the wall and whilst I don't think Puel would have got us relegated I think we would have been lower mid-table with him and still playing the mind numbing football. Neither he or Pellegrino have been good appointments and it's that lack of a strong manager which has got us where we are today imo.

Not "totally" irrelevant as what he is doing right now shows he is perfectly capable of doing a good job with a decent squad.

I keep saying it but what last season and to extant this season has shown is how the squad is not nearly as good as some fans keep making out this idea that they should be finishing top half is a fallacy. People seem incapable of looking at the job the manager does in a wider context of what else is going on around the club and in the league. One example being the difference in quality between the big six last season and the season before when Leicester won the league which helps to account for the big points drop off the top 6 (well that and three missed penalties in the last few games of the season).

Given the changes in the squad (eg selling both our top scorers), the fact it was his first season in the PL, the extra fixtures from Europe and the cup, injuries and Jose Fonte being a **** Puel did a decent job last season.

If peeps get super excited by the recent premier league winners being joint 7th maybe we should go bananas and get in the great Claudio Ranieri.

Obviously if Leicester do win the league again you'd have to acknowledge Puels genius.

Would be another nail in Reeds coffin too..... Sweet

If peeps get super excited by the recent premier league winners being joint 7th maybe we should go bananas and get in the great Claudio Ranieri.

Obviously if Leicester do win the league again you'd have to acknowledge Puels genius.

Would be another nail in Reeds coffin too..... Sweet

The momentum curve has Leicester back in the Championship by now so the swing that Puel has delivered is simply stunning. Stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

To take our minds off our nevitable slide...can I ask, why is it the Puel lovers bump this sort of thread everytime they beat some rubbish team but not when he loses to an Everton side who haven't won for God knows how long?

Come on the Puel fan club let's have your excuses! (Remember when he beat Watford and one of you decided it meant he was better than Silva so bumped one of his threads then? -obviously forgetting to bump it when he lost to Watford just a few weeks before? Does this defeat mean he is worse than BFS? )

Puel is worse than BFS. BFS is actually a decent manager, he just plays an unattractive style of football, which is why many don’t like him.

If I had to pick one to take over tomorrow, to save us, it’d be BFS every day of the week.

Puel is worse than BFS. BFS is actually a decent manager, he just plays an unattractive style of football, which is why many don’t like him.

Uhh.. Isn't that why the fans hated Puel? Unattractive football? Correct me if i'm wrong but Puel was the most accomplished manager we've hired in recent years and has a better record than BFS.

I can't believe it's got to the point where people are thinking this guy did a good job for us. Bit like the Abou Diaby effect.

In my opinion Puel got an average squad to almost its limits (could've done better, no doubt). He did do a good job. Could've done better as I said, but surprised people don't think he did a good job, even more so now they've seen what a **** manager really is!

In my opinion Puel got an average squad to almost its limits (could've done better, no doubt). He did do a good job. Could've done better as I said, but surprised people don't think he did a good job, even more so now they've seen what a **** manager really is!

But the football under him was worse than awful. Extremely painful to have to sit through.

Are leicester even allowed to turn down bids for the best players?

Thought if top 6 clubs bid you have to sell?

It's a question of morality. Mid table clubs have a duty to bend over for a reaming the moment a proper, top club so much as hint that they might condescend to sprinkle a few crumbs towards us in return for our star players. Who else is supposed to play for their reserves?

Nice to see Leicester not selling Mahrez has worked absolutely fine for them and has had no impact what so ever on the player or the mood within the dressing room. Why didn't we hang on to all of our players like this FFS!

Just like hanging onto Vardy during the Arsenal interest and bids?

And Vardy, AFAIK was given the choice/chance to go there and turned it down.

"Just because I turned down Arsenal, that was my choice, but if another offer came in it would be the same in that I would look at it and work out the pros and cons. But no, turning down Arsenal doesn't mean I wouldn't look at another offer."

Poor trolling by your standards Glasgow.

[quote

I hate to say it, but my initial feeling of wanting Puel out was wrong.

I agree with the poster above.

I initially felt that the huge points drop-off was unacceptable last season. However bearing in mind this seasons efforts combined with last season, I agree that he did a good job with a ****ing average squad.

Despite the huge points drop-off, to get this lot through so many games, finish 8th & a cup great cup run was a good job.

Pellegrino has managed to turn a bang average team into one of (if not THE) worst team in the league.

The fact is the players are nowhere near as good as they or most fans, think they are.

We have had some good players pass through SFC the last few years and as a fan I have become accustomed to watching good players playing mostly good football & having good managers. Now we have neither.

Let's not forget Puel lost Mane, Pelle & Wanyama who were fantastic buys and in the main big players for us. Les & Ross purchased inadequate replacements for these players in preseason so it's hardly surprising we hardly scored any goals. That trend has continued this year so you have to look at the players left and say they are just not good enough.

This team is the worst we have had since promotion, with the exception of Ryan Bertrand. Every other position that I can think of has been weakened. We used to replace well, this is no longer the case and hardly a surprise we are no longer challenging the top 6. It is impossible with this squad.

I think what killed Puel with most fans was high expectations based on previous decent SFC teams (understandable) & a serious lack of goals at home in the last few months. However is it any wonder when we sold goals in Mane & Pelle & did not replace well?

Puel did not have the talent that Pochettino or Koeman had at there disposal and I challenge anyone to argue that. Puel got a bang Average team bang average!

Puel now has a much better team at Leicester especially going forward and it shows. He is an average European manager and dull as dishwater to listen too, no better no worse IMO. He did have a gameplan at least and though stubborn, did show some flexibility.

Where we find ourselves now is totally on Les Reed IMO and to a lesser extent Ross Wilson.

If the board wake up and smell the roses & the players manage to scrape to safety under a new manager, serious surgery needs to be made to the 1st team IMO irrespective of the manager.

As for Puel, You can't polish a turd.

[quote

I hate to say it, but my initial feeling of wanting Puel out was wrong.

I agree with the poster above.

I initially felt that the huge points drop-off was unacceptable last season. However bearing in mind this seasons efforts combined with last season, I agree that he did a good job with a ****ing average squad.

Despite the huge points drop-off, to get this lot through so many games, finish 8th & a cup great cup run was a good job.

Pellegrino has managed to turn a bang average team into one of (if not THE) worst team in the league.

The fact is the players are nowhere near as good as they or most fans, think they are.

We have had some good players pass through SFC the last few years and as a fan I have become accustomed to watching good players playing mostly good football & having good managers. Now we have neither.

Let's not forget Puel lost Mane, Pelle & Wanyama who were fantastic buys and in the main big players for us. Les & Ross purchased inadequate replacements for these players in preseason so it's hardly surprising we hardly scored any goals. That trend has continued this year so you have to look at the players left and say they are just not good enough.

This team is the worst we have had since promotion, with the exception of Ryan Bertrand. Every other position that I can think of has been weakened. We used to replace well, this is no longer the case and hardly a surprise we are no longer challenging the top 6. It is impossible with this squad.

I think what killed Puel with most fans was high expectations based on previous decent SFC teams (understandable) & a serious lack of goals at home in the last few months. However is it any wonder when we sold goals in Mane & Pelle & did not replace well?

Puel did not have the talent that Pochettino or Koeman had at there disposal and I challenge anyone to argue that. Puel got a bang Average team bang average!

Puel now has a much better team at Leicester especially going forward and it shows. He is an average European manager and dull as dishwater to listen too, no better no worse IMO. He did have a gameplan at least and though stubborn, did show some flexibility.

Where we find ourselves now is totally on Les Reed IMO and to a lesser extent Ross Wilson.

If the board wake up and smell the roses & the players manage to scrape to safety under a new manager, serious surgery needs to be made to the 1st team IMO irrespective of the manager.

As for Puel, You can't polish a turd.

Can you space your threads out a bit more in future please?

Didn't read it..I just enjoyed scrolling down three screens for a few words.

• 1 month later...
Nice to see Leicester not selling Mahrez has worked absolutely fine for them and has had no impact what so ever on the player or the mood within the dressing room. Why didn't we hang on to all of our players like this FFS!

He has had an impact. He scored their equalizer yesterday. That's 10 goals and 10 assists for him so far this season.

He has had an impact. He scored their equalizer yesterday. That's 10 goals and 10 assists for him so far this season.

Since the whole saga Leicester have lost at Everton, been spanked by Man City, drawn at home to Swansea and Stoke (Only saved in the latter by that Butland howler) and now snatched an injury time equaliser at home to Bournemouth. They've picked up half as many points as we have.

A lot of unhappy Leicester fans on social media.... Seems now Puel has had a chance to implement his style, they understand why we wanted rid.

One win in the last six. Familiar story that the more time he gets to spend with the team the more the results deteriorate.

Since the whole saga Leicester have lost at Everton, been spanked by Man City, drawn at home to Swansea and Stoke (Only saved in the latter by that Butland howler) and now snatched an injury time equaliser at home to Bournemouth. They've picked up half as many points as we have.

Yes, even with the strong squad he's got at Leicester, Puel doesn't seem to be doing particularly well. It's hard to see him lasting another season there. Without the points won by Charlie Austin's goals in the early part of last season, we'd have finished 17th.

A lot of unhappy Leicester fans on social media.... Seems now Puel has had a chance to implement his style, they understand why we wanted rid.
as if the fans on social media are football gods.

It seems to me social media get people to listen to people you would never give the time of day to in the real world.

There was a Saints fan on 5live phone in on Saturday called Pete , what a wally. A couple of his statements were laughable

Reading bits on the foxes forum, general message seems to be boring, slow, sideways, backwards and doesn't know his best 11......all sounds very very familiar

Leicester were recent league champions and champions league quarter finalists.....they are rightfully expecting a bit more excitement than Puel will ever deliver.

Reading bits on the foxes forum, general message seems to be boring, slow, sideways, backwards and doesn't know his best 11......all sounds very very familiar

Leicester were recent league champions and champions league quarter finalists.....they are rightfully expecting a bit more excitement than Puel will ever deliver.

He is a world class manager according to one or two on here.

Ha ha, that "Why do people love to hate our manager" thread all sounds VERY familiar.

Bit of humble pie for the types going apoplectic about his sacking a month or two back. They won't admit to it of course...
What would you like me to admit to. I didn't want him sacked then and I haven't changed my mind since, I would have him back tomorrow over MP. Apoplectic and humble pie don't really come into it do they, it's purely an opinion, they differ, or do you feel the need to have to have yours validated?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What would you like me to admit to. I didn't want him sacked then and I haven't changed my mind since, I would have him back tomorrow over MP. Apoplectic and humble pie don't really come into it do they, it's purely an opinion, they differ, or do you feel the need to have to have yours validated?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Guilty conscience? Who said I was talking about you? I'm assuming you weren't involved.

I didn't want him sacked then and I haven't changed my mind since, I would have him back tomorrow over MP.

I'd prefer Puel over Pellegrino aswell, but they were still right to sack Puel. He should have done a better job than he did, the problem was they replaced Puel with the wrong man.

I'd prefer Puel over Pellegrino aswell, but they were still right to sack Puel. He should have done a better job than he did, the problem was they replaced Puel with the wrong man.

Spot on MLG.

Its like debating if you want 5 or 6 punches in the face..... Ultimately you want nither but if you had to choose youd pick 5 hits over 6.

Saying that a Puel pre or post match interview was more painful than any punch ive ever given or recieved.