Saints v WBA Match Thread

St Chalet

Marginal improvement over the last few home games WBA playing as expected so we are getting a lot of the ball but not getting through them much. Having said that Long has to ****ing score that chance and Romeu managed to miss when it looked easier to score couple of other half chances to. If one of those goes in WBA have come forward more and,we might get more joy. Sadly the longer it goes 0-0 the more chance we will get done by the usual sucker punch.

Not working, for me. We haven't got any width and are trying to play through the packed middle with non-creative players like Davis and Romeu, and looking for cute flicks and one-twos with the technical atrocity that is Shane Long.

And STILL, in spite of all the pre-match talk of needing to play faster, we're at walking pace.

WBA are one set-piece from nicking a 1-0.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I've lost count of the amount of times I've screamed "JUST SHOOT, TADIC" over the last three years.

Yes, he dithers when he has a chance to shoot. Overall a good half by Saints without the goal the play deserved against a bus parking opposition. Bertrand's been good today; Gabbiadini's movement and touch very good; midfield doing well and we are very solid at the back. Baggies have had one touch inside the area!!!! Long looks poor again; I'd have Boufal on for Long earlier than later.

The reason we are “overplaying” is because we are playing everyone centrally, so while we are having a lot of the ball, there’s not much space and no wide option if they mark the full backs properly.

There does seem a bit more effort to play forward passes though, better than last week but as others have said, West Brom are letting us have it. Not dissimilar to the Swansea game. Which finished 0-0.

I've not watched a game live for a while due to work commitments but if this is an improvement I shudder at want went before. Admittedly only one team are trying to score through open play but even so, a little urgency and creativity would be nice.

Youve only missed heartbreak, torment and dissillusion