Saints v WBA Match Thread

St Chalet

Already looks very different to anything we've played all season. Midfield is very fluid with apparently no set positions - Tadic and Davis have popped up all over the midfield left right and centre, as well as one of Romeu and Lemina with the other one sitting back.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Imagine if the answer to our problems ended up being the diamond...

Not sure it will be though. We’re using the opposite approach to sunday, we are having a bit more joy in the middle of the pitch but sometimes missing the out ball. Our midfielders often looking up, not seeing a pass and turning round.

That being said, when we DO get it wide it looks much better because our full backs actually go past the full backs.

Known: “they just don’t seem to want to play it forwards at the moment”. Welcome to our season, Martin!

Afraid this is utter, utter ****e yet again. Set up defensively against a team who you know will put everyone behind the ball when we have it.

Slow, ponderous and no width and SHane Long is long past being a footballer.

Garbage, utter garbage

i can see improvement. It is a new system the players just need time. west brom packing players behind the ball making no space. but we are looking better.

Afraid this is utter, utter ****e yet again. Set up defensively against a team who you know will put everyone behind the ball when we have it.

Garbage, utter garbage

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. We've been a lot sharper and more attacking than previous games this season

Plenty of shots, come close several times. We've looked likely to score this half.

Garbage, utter garbage

Sorry but I'm at the game and that's bullsh*t. Thought we actually created some chances for once and played pretty well even if we didn't score. Starting to think it may be worth the price of a ticket which is a big improvement from previous games. It's jot like we are getting hammered - imagine being west ham! We can win this in the second half. I believe!