Brighton Build Up

Lighthouse

Never thought I would say this but that is so harsh on Maya Yoshida.

Yep, very. This manager seems to take forever to drop players who are bang out of form, but is happy to drop those who are performing at a moments notice.

Back to one striker as well...I hope i'm wrong but I predict Gabbiadini to do nothing today. He doesn't link up well enough to play on his own up top and the rest of them don't get close enough to him.

Having said that, he scored V United in the cup from JWP crosses from the right and Boufal should be more creative than anyone he's played with so far.

Maybe at home against the non top 6 teams and even away at some places we should play Boufal Tadic and Redmond/Sims etc behind Gabbiadini. Instead of two holding mids that keep us solid when there is little need to against teams that just sit back. The last ten minutes last night and second half against United we actually looked like we could attack when taking one of the holding midfielders off.

That said I'd go with this team to start as Redmond still needs to earn his place back.

-----------McCarthy----------

Cedric--Yoshida--VVD---Bertrand

---------Lemina-Davis--------

JWP--------Boufal--------Tadic

---------Gabbiadini---------

Pretty much spot on with Lemina injury bar Hoedt for Yoshida.

Yep, very. This manager seems to take forever to drop players who are bang out of form, but is happy to drop those who are performing at a moments notice.

Back to one striker as well...I hope i'm wrong but I predict Gabbiadini to do nothing today. He doesn't link up well enough to play on his own up top and the rest of them don't get close enough to him.

Having said that, he scored V United in the cup from JWP crosses from the right and Boufal should be more creative than anyone he's played with so far.

Ridiculous comment.

How so? Redmond was only dropped for the last game despite being completely ineffective all season. Hoedt played well early season, was dropped. Yoshida came in, played well, was dropped.

it's a squad game, it hasn't been just about the first 11 men for about 30 years now.

he got it spot on last week, I'm sure he has a plan, let's see if it works...

Oh FFS

Hoedt's in to counter the threat of Murray. JWP is in because Lemina is injured, as is Austin. They're careful decisions, not random at all.

Would you consider our most dynamic player being swapped to Prowse being a careful decision ? Doesn't say much for our depth in the squad

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

How so? Redmond was only dropped for the last game despite being completely ineffective all season. Hoedt played well early season, was dropped. Yoshida came in, played well, was dropped.

I hear the frustration, I wanted Redmond dropped too :thumbup: *But* it was only 8 games. You have to give players a reasonable stint at times, and Redmond did score a few last year. At worst, I think he was given 1 or 2 games more than he 'deserved'/warranted, but it's hardly the worst transgression. As for Honest/Yoshida, VVD is our best defender (at his core), he had to be reintroduced at some juncture (otherwise why keep him). Reintroducing a rusty VVD with Yoshida made more sense because of their familiarity (plus Yoshida = captain status) Dropping Yoshida today could just be a case of squad management, i doubt it'll be long term exclusion. Anyway, I personally think Pellegrino has shown a willingness to change personnel, whilst balancing the need for some persistence. Certainly not faultless (Forster), but hardly egregious decision making. IMO, obvs (and so I shouldn't have used the word "ridiculous". Bit melodramatic. Apologies)

Edited by Donatello