Koeman Sacked - Official

Delmary

Doubt he gives a crap. Gets a fat pay off and can go and manage the Dutch national team now.

All in all, a very lucrative 18 months.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yep, exactly.

I don't buy all of this no chance of Barca job after this. He'll get another job, probably pretty quickly, and if he succeeds at that, he'll be in a solid place to take it next time it's up.

I know a lot will disagree but if he was man enough to admit he made a big mistake going to everton & the way he left us then id welcome him back, probably not the right option for us though at this point in time though, if I was Leicester id definitely appoint him though

I'm a bit gutted tbh I'd hoped they would perceiver with him a bit longer so he could get sacked after playing us...oh well.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the manger merry go round the next few weeks with Leicester and Everton looking for a new manager and arguably Pullis, Hughes and Bilic all under pressure. what odds of Koeman rocking up at Leicester or West Brom?

Yep, exactly.

I don't buy all of this no chance of Barca job after this. He'll get another job, probably pretty quickly, and if he succeeds at that, he'll be in a solid place to take it next time it's up.

Highly unlikely. There are far better managers about than Koeman. Pochettino will get the next "really big job" that's up for grabs, after that who knows. Koeman has the same problem that Van Gaal had, just can't resist a bit of dutch at an exhorbitant price. Mind you Memphis is doing quite well at Lyon with a simple coach and a good'ish side for their league.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Highly unlikely. There are far better managers about than Koeman. Pochettino will get the next "really big job" that's up for grabs, after that who knows.

Poch won't go to Barca, he's already said that. Poch will end up at Real Madrid.

Barca like appointing managers that have played for the club and Koeman is pretty much a Legend at Barca.

Koeman's 'success' with us looks more and more like the knock-on effect of Poch's earlier groundwork.

Koeman and Pochettino had notably different teams.

Pochettino didn't work with...

1) Forster

2) Bertrand

3) Cedric

4) Alderweireld

5) van Dijk

6) Romeu

7) Tadic

8) Mane

9) Pelle

10) Long

and others...

Koeman and Pochettino had notably different teams.

Pochettino didn't work with...

1) Forster

2) Bertrand

3) Cedric

4) Alderweireld

5) van Dijk

6) Romeu

7) Tadic

8) Mane

9) Pelle

10) Long

and others...

interesting point there. A lot of far better defenders than Koeman had at his disposal at Everton. I mean Van Dijk and Alderweireld would probably do wonders for his side, compared to say Williams and Jagielka. Baines is a decent defender but time is showing on his game now, Bertrand is far,far better right now. I thought the young lad Kenny was just awful yesterday and Holgate is a bit hit and miss. If Koeman had VvD, Toby and Bertrand they'd not be in the state they are today. Not that we had VvD and Toby at the same time of course but Fonté did a reasonable job in those days.

Strange old game football, I seem to remember quite a few on here lauding Everton and their 'impressive transfer business' pre season, yet after only ten games is all gone tits up.

It would appear that spending power is not always the answer. Strange that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What goes around - comes around....

Now for Klopp or is that bein just a tad greedy for the moment...��

Probably. In the eyes of the media, Klopp can do no wrong with his wacky personality despite the fact that they can't defend for toffee and are only one point above us.

Koeman's 'success' with us looks more and more like the knock-on effect of Poch's earlier groundwork.

I’ve seen this mentioned on social media a bit and it’s complete nonsense. Poch’s work is about as relevant to Koemans as Adkins was to his. In fact I’d hazard a guess that Nigel’s ground work enabled Poch to hit the ground running far more than Poch’s did for Ron.

Never underestimate the job Koeman did that first summer. The Argie twt didn’t just leave, the manner of his leaving and the questions his leaving posed around ambition and Kats stewardship could have been disastrous. I’m sure his attitude, combined with the press, entranced the view that Cortese leaving was the end. This contributed directly to more players wanting out imo. Koeman walked into an uncertain mess and steadied the ship brilliantly. He was the exact right man for that period. That said, I’m actually glad he left. I’m not convinced he’d have coped with the loss of Mane, Pelle & Vic , I’m not really convinced he’s that good a manager. It was just that we needed a short burst of him to get us through that awful summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have him back in an instant.

We should get him back on the books straight away.

After all, there is the gutters need cleaning, and the drainage in the lower field at Staplewood, not to mention someone to reach items on the top shelf for Shane long.

Now can we start trolling the Everton web site again, like they did with this one?

Personally, I think we should have more class, and just have a major disdain for them, whilst feigning interest in their story about having the worlds first dug out, and punctuating the story with the question, 'Wouldn't it make more sense to be called 'The Mints?' After all, everyone has heard of Everton mints, no-one has heard of Everton Toffees. And also, you seem to have more money than sense, so it would work on many levels. And, for the record, we don't do refunds. Now tell us more about these dug outs.'

I’ve seen this mentioned on social media a bit and it’s complete nonsense. Poch’s work is about as relevant to Koemans as Adkins was to his. In fact I’d hazard a guess that Nigel’s ground work enabled Poch to hit the ground running far more than Poch’s did for Ron.

Never underestimate the job Koeman did that first summer. The Argie twt didn’t just leave, the manner of his leaving and the questions his leaving posed around ambition and Kats stewardship could have been disastrous. I’m sure his attitude, combined with the press, entranced the view that Cortese leaving was the end. This contributed directly to more players wanting out imo. Koeman walked into an uncertain mess and steadied the ship brilliantly. He was the exact right man for that period. That said, I’m actually glad he left. I’m not convinced he’d have coped with the loss of Mane, Pelle & Vic , I’m not really convinced he’s that good a manager. It was just that we needed a short burst of him to get us through that awful summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The squad loved Poch (actually pretty much everyone at the club did as well) - Him going was the reason so many left when they did. Had he stayed, I believe that he would have / could have convinced a few more to stay.

If you asked our squad that played under him, at that time, I'm pretty sure 90% (if not more) would tell you he is the best manager they played under.

The squad loved Poch (actually pretty much everyone at the club did as well) - Him going was the reason so many left when they did. Had he stayed, I believe that he would have / could have convinced a few more to stay.

If you asked our squad that played under him, at that time, I'm pretty sure 90% (if not more) would tell you he is the best manager they played under.

Ricky lambert said it yesterday on 'Goals on Sunday' !!

How come we haven't heard from Everton's No.1 fan since before the Arsenal hammering?

I do hope he's alright.

I was thinking that too, although TBF he got a couple of little backtracks in recently to soften the blow (he is a top troller after all) :):)

It was interesting that Katharina invited Poch back to the club on social occasions after he left us as well.

£11m payout and the Holland Job. He is laughing.

Board failed him massively by failing to sell Ross, getting a cheap deal for Lukaku, and then failing to sign a centre forward. Madness from Everton. They are now saddled with a massive wage bill, a struggle for survival, and financial problems for seasons to come.

Disastrous year!

I should add, we are all laughing?!?!? :lol:

:rolleyes:

If there was a hint of him comming back it would split the fan base much the same as it did when Lowe wanted to bring Hoddle back.

Don't see that there's any likelihood of him ever returning to Saints in any capacity whatsoever anyway so it would be for academic discussion only. Mind you that probably wouldn't stop some smartass getting a grant to discuss it .........:rolleyes:

Board failed him massively by failing to sell Ross, getting a cheap deal for Lukaku, and then failing to sign a centre forward. Madness from Everton. They are now saddled with a massive wage bill, a struggle for survival, and financial problems for seasons to come.

Well I think they did sort of sell Baerkley to Chelsea but he wanted to go to Spurs and blew the deal out and then conveniently got injured somehow so that he wasn't expected to play dfor Everton anyway. Disastrous year!

Well I think they did sort of almost sell Barkley to Chelsea but he wanted to go to Spurs and blew the deal out and then conveniently got injured somehow so that he wasn't expected to play for Everton anyway. The power of a player to **** off everybody concerned and still collect a handsome salary anyway at it's finest. The Pochettino magnet was obviously turned up to full power there.

Disastrous year!

Not sure anyone is laughing with the Dutch job, they're in an absolute state.

After a couple of days of golf in Turnberry it was quite satisfying to hear the Koeman news on the drive home.

I wont get as hysterical about it as some of you as he did a fantastic job for us and i will always be grateful.

7th,6th and 7th premier league finishes with 2 different clubs. Deserves the kudos he received.

Seems like unfortunately the move didn't work out for us or them in the end.

C'est la vie

After a couple of days of golf in Turnberry it was quite satisfying to hear the Koeman news on the drive home.

I wont get as hysterical about it as some of you as he did a fantastic job for us and i will always be grateful.

7th,6th and 7th premier league finishes with 2 different clubs. Deserves the kudos he received.

Seems like unfortunately the move didn't work out for us or them in the end.

C'est la vie

There's no need to announce when you've been 'playing golf'. We can work it out based on the most recent Saints result...