Koeman Sacked - Official

Delmary

Dutch managers, eh - Koeman, de Boer, van Gal - who'd have 'em....

Koeman's 'success' with us looks more and more like the knock-on effect of Poch's earlier groundwork.

Highly unlikely seeing as most the first 11 weren't even here for his 2 seasons with us

Sorry to see some people being vindictive to a manager who did a good job for us. It’s another example of the desperation in the Premier League because he didn’t go from being a good manager to a bad one in 18 months. It was money that turned his head and caused him to put a spin on his reason for going but there are few on here who would have turned down the offer he was made. It does seem that poor transfers are at the root of Everton’s problems but he won’t have been solely responsible for recruitment.

Although we’d probably be better off if he’d stayed he is history now and there’s no place for him here now or in the future.

I know a lot will disagree but if he was man enough to admit he made a big mistake going to everton & the way he left us then id welcome him back, probably not the right option for us though at this point in time though, if I was Leicester id definitely appoint him though

I've heard a plausible story that when Everton came knocking we didn't put up a huge fight to keep him. Part of the reason was that up until Christmas in his final season with us he was very close to getting the sack. Obviously results picked up towards the end of the season but that was more accredited to Mane's form than any managerial brilliance from Koeman. We've struggled since selling him (our last "x-factor" player) and now Everton have sold theirs (Lukaku) they are also struggling. Some awful, awful business done in the summer too didn't help.

There's no need to announce when you've been 'playing golf'. We can work it out based on the most recent Saints result...

8.3/10

That’s better.

Takes some skill to be away playing golf everytime we happen to win...

Edited by shurlock

There's no need to announce when you've been 'playing golf'. We can work it out based on the most recent Saints result...
Aaahhhh you had noticed that as well. Has some very convenient 'golf days' does our Glasgow.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Aaahhhh you had noticed that as well. Has some very convenient 'golf days' does our Glasgow.

Remember the time he "went to Milan" and tried to pass off photos of his hotel as his own...that someone then found he'd actually taken from the hotel's own website. Amateurish.

That'll put a bump in the road to Barcelona. Wonder where he will end up next? West Ham Leicester maybe, or abroad? If I was him I'd go for la liga. Valencia or someone. Oh no, wait, already ****ed that one up. Maybe a bundesliga side.

Well he left us because we didn't have enough ambition, so that narrows the field

Remember the time he "went to Milan" and tried to pass off photos of his hotel as his own...that someone then found he'd actually taken from the hotel's own website. Amateurish.

Not to mention, any team he gushes about during the summer to aid his anti-Les/Saints agenda ends up totally tanking and finishes below us: see Norwich, Stoke, Palace, and (hopefully) Everton

I’ve seen this mentioned on social media a bit and it’s complete nonsense. Poch’s work is about as relevant to Koemans as Adkins was to his. In fact I’d hazard a guess that Nigel’s ground work enabled Poch to hit the ground running far more than Poch’s did for Ron.

Never underestimate the job Koeman did that first summer. The Argie twt didn’t just leave, the manner of his leaving and the questions his leaving posed around ambition and Kats stewardship could have been disastrous. I’m sure his attitude, combined with the press, entranced the view that Cortese leaving was the end. This contributed directly to more players wanting out imo. Koeman walked into an uncertain mess and steadied the ship brilliantly. He was the exact right man for that period. That said, I’m actually glad he left. I’m not convinced he’d have coped with the loss of Mane, Pelle & Vic , I’m not really convinced he’s that good a manager. It was just that we needed a short burst of him to get us through that awful summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said. And Les deserves some credit for getting Koeman here during that very difficult time when Poch et al had abandoned ship. Koeman brought in Mane and created a decent team. Let's not forget that. In those months Saints rose from the ashes of a summer of near despair. It didn't always go well for Koeman in the following months but we played some exciting football often (how I miss that now) and achieved a high spot confounding many, including Lawrenson and co.

Not to mention, any team he gushes about during the summer to aid his anti-Les/Saints agenda ends up totally tanking and finishes below us: see Norwich, Stoke, Palace, and (hopefully) Everton
The Glasgow Kiss of Death.

Look out Watford, it'll be you lot next.

After a couple of days of golf in Turnberry it was quite satisfying to hear the Koeman news on the drive home.

I wont get as hysterical about it as some of you as he did a fantastic job for us and i will always be grateful.

7th,6th and 7th premier league finishes with 2 different clubs. Deserves the kudos he received.

Seems like unfortunately the move didn't work out for us or them in the end.

C'est la vie

Massively overrated manager who was lucky enough to have some big talents (Mane and Lukaku) in top form that papered over his failings.

Has finally got found out.

Those who would have him back need their heads examined.

I’ve seen this mentioned on social media a bit and it’s complete nonsense. Poch’s work is about as relevant to Koemans as Adkins was to his. In fact I’d hazard a guess that Nigel’s ground work enabled Poch to hit the ground running far more than Poch’s did for Ron.

Never underestimate the job Koeman did that first summer. The Argie twt didn’t just leave, the manner of his leaving and the questions his leaving posed around ambition and Kats stewardship could have been disastrous. I’m sure his attitude, combined with the press, entranced the view that Cortese leaving was the end. This contributed directly to more players wanting out imo. Koeman walked into an uncertain mess and steadied the ship brilliantly. He was the exact right man for that period. That said, I’m actually glad he left. I’m not convinced he’d have coped with the loss of Mane, Pelle & Vic , I’m not really convinced he’s that good a manager. It was just that we needed a short burst of him to get us through that awful summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd pretty much agree with all of that.

This is a good post, and I agree.

Koeman was the Winston Churchill of football managers. Brilliant in a crisis, fairly crap when everything is running smoothly.

Massively overrated manager who was lucky enough to have some big talents (Mane and Lukaku) in top form that papered over his failings.

Has finally got found out.

Those who would have him back need their heads examined.

"need their head examined" You say that but the Everton sacking aside would you not agree he has a much better CV of achievements than pelligrino?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

After a couple of days of golf in Turnberry it was quite satisfying to hear the Koeman news on the drive home.

I wont get as hysterical about it as some of you as he did a fantastic job for us and i will always be grateful.

7th,6th and 7th premier league finishes with 2 different clubs. Deserves the kudos he received.

C'est la vie

Glasgow - you give new meaning to the term wan*er.

I've got sympathy for Koeman because it's just too easy to blame the coach when a team begins losing. It's a fact that three Prem clubs will be relegated regardless of how good the managers are because there are so many other factors. For example, against Arsenal, Everton were down to 10 men so it shouldn't have been a surprise that they lost, but you can't blame the manager for a player being sent off. Once the media see someone down, in goes the boot, such as a press report criticising Koeman for eating in a restaurant after the Arsenal game. According to the reporter he didn't just walk in but 'strolled in' and instead of a Greasy Spoon, he had the nerve to go somewhere clean, or 'plush', as it was described. What should he have done; gone home for beans on toast? We should beware how facts are slanted to affect opinion.

A theme in some of the reports about his time at Everton is a few people questioning his commitment apparently because he might go home after work and sometimes would take a day off in the week. If similar comments had been made when he was at Southampton they'd have been against the background of a successful team which would have made all the difference. He's entitled to work less than 24/7 and to see each job as a step up the ladder to a national coach or a champions' League club. Progression is what most people look for in their careers but it doesn't go down well with football fans. We have a lifetime commitment to our club and quite irrationally, we expect the manager and the players to feel the same. We had our best recent seasons under Koeman which gave most of us a lot of fun and for that I think he still deserves our appreciation.

I was sorry for Nigel Adkins as he did a great job getting us into the PL and was turning the season around. MP was a great coach but he walked out on his contract and not only left us in the lurch I'd like to know if he was an unsettling influence on those players that walked out and Rodriguez and Schneiderlin who were blocked.

Koeman came in and was a good manager for us. It couldn't have been easy and we could easily have collapsed. He brought in decent players and rebuilt a team that finished well. Although the early part of his second season wasn't that great he and the team went on a fabulous run until the end of the season finishing sixth. I'll always remember beating Arsenal 4-0 which could have been eight with Long and Mane tearing Arsenal apart on the break, what a feeling that was.

Then came Puel, unnecessarily changing everything and imposing possession above all else and at home gave us a season that made a lot of us question whether we would renew our season tickets. I'm pleased he is gone, what he represents isn't what I want to see. Along came Pellegrino and lo and behold more obsessive possession. If Gabbiadini and Boufal had made a couple of passes instead of scoring three cracking individual goals we may have been sitting where Everton are now. For me either he changes and sets us up as an attacking team and drops the obsessive possession or he can go sooner than later. Stoke 28% possession beat us 2-1 FFS. Possession statistics should only be counted in the opponents half.

As far as I am concerned Koeman is in a different class to Puel and Pellegrino and I'd have him as manager in a heartbeat over the other two. Having said that I think he is an arrogant *****.

Did someone mention golf?

Like everyone else all of us down here have had a good laugh at Koeman, Lovren & Liverpool this weekend. As others have said, there were enough "rumours" about ass-hat and our lack of "fight" to keep him. I have no doubt that he won't be coming back anytime soon, nor for that matter will Lovren.

Mane with Pelle gave Koeman the option of a long ball, Pelle to hold it and Mane to run onto. Nether of those options have been available to either Puel or MP with the players that "Les" has bought in. Maybe after Saturday we finally have a new option other than being Jim Magiltonesque.

Like most Dutch people I have worked with (except those at Golf) Koeman was self opinionated and arrogant and clearly not a good listener. Maybe with Holland he will still be able to get their youngsters to respect him. Everton have found him out to be clueless, but will have the same problems with whoever they recruit UNTIL they find a striker.

Perhaps we can sell them Shane Long in January and finish the job off?

I was sorry for Nigel Adkins as he did a great job getting us into the PL and was turning the season around. MP was a great coach but he walked out on his contract and not only left us in the lurch I'd like to know if he was an unsettling influence on those players that walked out and Rodriguez and Schneiderlin who were blocked.

Koeman came in and was a good manager for us. It couldn't have been easy and we could easily have collapsed. He brought in decent players and rebuilt a team that finished well. Although the early part of his second season wasn't that great he and the team went on a fabulous run until the end of the season finishing sixth. I'll always remember beating Arsenal 4-0 which could have been eight with Long and Mane tearing Arsenal apart on the break, what a feeling that was.

Then came Puel, unnecessarily changing everything and imposing possession above all else and at home gave us a season that made a lot of us question whether we would renew our season tickets. I'm pleased he is gone, what he represents isn't what I want to see. Along came Pellegrino and lo and behold more obsessive possession. If Gabbiadini and Boufal had made a couple of passes instead of scoring three cracking individual goals we may have been sitting where Everton are now. For me either he changes and sets us up as an attacking team and drops the obsessive possession or he can go sooner than later. Stoke 28% possession beat us 2-1 FFS. Possession statistics should only be counted in the opponents half.

As far as I am concerned Koeman is in a different class to Puel and Pellegrino and I'd have him as manager in a heartbeat over the other two. Having said that I think he is an arrogant *****.

Great last sentence - totally agree and you must question his judgement over Martina.

Did he bring them in or were we going to recruit them anyway? I thought that our policy was that we recruited players to suit the system and it was then up to the coaches to coach them i.e. we were getting away from the situation where a manager brought in players that they wanted who might then be rejected by the next manager but are none the less still left on the payroll.

Did he bring them in or were we going to recruit them anyway? I thought that our policy was that we recruited players to suit the system and it was then up to the coaches to coach them i.e. we were getting away from the situation where a manager brought in players that they wanted who might then be rejected by the next manager but are none the less still left on the payroll.

I think that was the official club line but our squad has been littered over the seasons with players who were clearly there because of the manager Jonathan Forte, Billy Sharp, Osvaldo, Martinia, Clasie, Pied, Pelle, Eljero Elia probably others I've forgotten.

Phil Neville touting himself for the job.

Never going to happen but that would be hilarious

Has all the right qualifications and pedigree for the job surely. After gambling on a relatively experienced Koeman and funding him to the tune of 150 million pounds, it's a no-brainer that Neville, who played over 300 times for Everton and is now a regular MOTD pundit, is the man to get them out of this mess.

Where do guys like him and Giggs get off on thinking that they can walk into some of the top clubs in the country having never been in the driving seat before in their lives - it's just bizarre.

I think that was the official club line but our squad has been littered over the seasons with players who were clearly there because of the manager Jonathan Forte, Billy Sharp, Osvaldo, Martinia, Clasie, Pied, Pelle, Eljero Elia probably others I've forgotten.

"Others"....... Like Toby, VVD, Pelle, Tadic? Should we also grumble about Cedric because Fonte was mates with him? You could go on, but why bother when people are going to be so selective in their criticisms and pick only the worst examples...

And why are you selectively leaving out players like Mayuka, Lee, Ramirez, Forster, Taylor etc etc?

There are ample examples of good signings on both sides of the spectrum, really don't need to twist every post with clear club bias.

As as for describing "Forte" as "Litter", we would not have got promoted without his goals, you hint at a total lack of respect and knowledge of the club's journey and where we have been with that one comment alone.

"Others"....... Like Toby, VVD, Pelle, Tadic? Should we also grumble about Cedric because Fonte was mates with him? You could go on, but why bother when people are going to be so selective in their criticisms and pick only the worst examples...

And why are you selectively leaving out players like Mayuka, Lee, Ramirez, Forster, Taylor etc etc?

There are ample examples of good signings on both sides of the spectrum, really don't need to twist every post with clear club bias.

As as for describing "Forte" as "Litter", we would not have got promoted without his goals, you hint at a total lack of respect and knowledge of the club's journey and where we have been with that one comment alone.

I am not sure who you are arguing with and why. I stated what I thought club policy was, DoddisALLegend stated who he thought were exceptions. He may be right, he may be wrong - he was simply stating his opinion. I don't think that his use of the word "littered" was intended to be perjorative.

Ha Ha having a bad day mate. You've literally read my post and imagined a whole load of stuff you think I mean to get upset about..:lol:

The poster I was answering asked if the players were picked by the club despite the manager all I did was list some players that were clearly the choice of previous managers rather than the black box everything else is in your head.....

I am not sure who you are arguing with and why. I stated what I thought club policy was, DoddisALLegend stated who he thought were exceptions. He may be right, he may be wrong - he was simply stating his opinion. I don't think that his use of the word "littered" was intended to be perjorative.

:thumbup:

Ha Ha having a bad day mate. You've literally read my post and imagined a whole load of stuff you think I mean to get upset about..:lol:

The poster I was answering asked if the players were picked by the club despite the manager all I did was list some players that were clearly the choice of previous managers rather than the black box everything else is in your head.....

Fair enough, my bad.

Just checked out the Everton forums. They really hate Koeman :lol:

Lots of successful managers get sacked, even God's right-hand man, Mourinho. It suggests that football isn't at all good at assessing individual management abilities. We've often seen a manager get a promotion and then be sacked the following season, or win a title only to be kicked out of the door when results don't hold up. Ranieri is a prime example. If a manager is kept on after a poor season he's just as capable of turning things around as a new man, as Rafa Benitez seems to be doing at Newcastle.

If Koeman wants another job, I'm sure he'll get one after the dust has settled although financially, he probably never needs to work again.

C'est la vie

Must have been pretty wild in Ayrshire, I'm surprised that the course was actually open ??

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-braced-battered-storm-brian-11372396