Secret Southampton

trousers

Good fun. Our media team does do a good job.

Though I can't help feeling that the quality of the 'product' we're experiencing on match days, and this type of trumpet-blowing don't really live together too well.

Perhap's I'm drifting towards the Saints-cynic side of the force?

Good fun. Our media team does do a good job.

Though I can't help feeling that the quality of the 'product' we're experiencing on match days, and this type of trumpet-blowing don't really live together too well.

Perhap's I'm drifting towards the Saints-cynic side of the force?

Gimmicks, marketing garnish and branding campaigns from hipsters in Hoxton or Brixton seem to define what UK PLC is about is in 2017, not just saints. Utterly depressing stuff.

Wish he was in character from Derek :/

I wish he was in character as Brian Gittins. He played in Southampton recently and was absolutely hilarious.

As for this film, well it made me laugh. All pretty harmless stuff and quite inventive for a football club.

Gimmicks, marketing garnish and branding campaigns from hipsters in Hoxton or Brixton seem to define what UK PLC is about is in 2017, not just saints. Utterly depressing stuff.
Agree with this.

The videos are fine, perfectly pleasant and I like Brian Gittens (the short Youtube film of him and his robot Charles is very good) but how the fu ck this stuff has anything to do with our core purpose I won't ever work out.

There is far too much pointless marketing wa nk in the world and to be honest this is just adding to the slagheap.

I love it, X Files cross SFC. At the moment I see it as the club's fun insight to the training ground. Who knows it may end up being something different.

At the end of the day it's good to see our clubs media team having the guts and good sense of humour to do things like this, and I'm sure the players are using up their spare time for filming. They're allowed a life after all.

I loves me club me does :D

Seems like it is for the academy and parents etc of potential new recruits.

Seems like it. If the Academy is so special, makes you wonder where all the world-class, emerging talent has gone. Alien abduction?

Edited by shurlock

no way near as good as previous PR stuff, such as the April Fools Day things or the Barry Gale Stuff, but meh, can add this to stuff the club doesn't end.

Like who can remember 'The March', only had like 2 episodes and then that died.

also funny how they blurred the whole blackbox screen out, after last time they fuc*ed up and all the players speed times could be seen lol.

It’d be good if we actually had academy players in the first team though...

My first thought was this. I quite like all this marketing / PR / media nonsense, it's all harmless fun and worth a few minutes to watch. But surely we could have picked a better topic than celebrating the success of an academy that has zero players in regular first team action?