Brighton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Dare I say we'd look a lot more dangerous with Long up front...

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

You can say it but we wouldn't and, after starting Long up front for several games, in which he never looked like scoring, Pellegrino has realized that, which is why he very sensibly replaced him with Gabbiadini.

absolutely awful from Saints after a positive start. Plodding and we are not getting more than one player in the box.

No attacking intent at all - take Tadic off and bring Long on. Tadic has done absolutely nothing (again).

It’s not the selection, it’s the instructions. Doesn’t matter who is on the pitch if they’re being told to sit deep and defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely awful from Saints after a positive start. Plodding and we are not getting more than one player in the box.

No attacking intent at all - take Tadic off and bring Long on. Tadic has done absolutely nothing (again).

10 out of 10 Tadic for the being a drama queen [emoji31]

Great result. Far too conservative in possession. Too many percentage passes from Davis, JWP, and Cedric. Tadic or Boufal need to drift in closer to Gabbiadini when we have possession because he's too isolated/isn't holding the ball up. Ultimately, however, it's the classic away performance you'd expect to see playing away against the top 6, it's just not very entertaining/Brighton are not top 6. So yes, slightly more adventurous, please.

I don’t agree with these tactics at all. We haven’t looked threatening at all since we scored. We should’ve pushed on for a second.

I disagree. We're away from home and we've got a lead to protect. How many times have we seen teams come to SMS and successfully use the same tactic.

I think this is the perfect situation to bring on Long, because it plays to his strengths. With BHA pushing for an equaliser it will leave space in behind for him to run at, which is what he does best.

We are winning! We don't need to chase the game! Its a good job some people are sat behind a keyboard.

I disagree. We're away from home and we've got a lead to protect. How many times have we seen teams come to SMS and successfully use the same tactic.

I think this is the perfect situation to bring on Long, because it plays to his strengths. With BHA pushing for an equaliser it will leave space in behind for him to run at, which is what he does best.

If there are 20 minutes to go then sure it's a good tactic. But from 5 minutes in? We're just inviting pressure IMO and making things harder for ourselves.