Brighton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Tepid stuff from saints Brighton looking the most threatening seems like we are happy to sit on a 1 nil lead.

When we do go forward we are back to one saints player in the opposition box before we send in a high cross again

You got all that from listening to the radio? :D Or is it a Merrington quote or something?

We seem to have taken our foot off the pedal since going ahead. Sit deeper and invite them forward and we could be punished. Having Redmond, Tadic and Boufal all on at the same time makes us a bit lightweight in midfield. I don't see Redmond adding much, nor Tadic particularly. I'd take one of them off for a more solid midfielder, or maybe make if three at the back with Yoshida, allowing Bertrand and Cedric to add width and pace out wide.

Tepid stuff from saints Brighton looking the most threatening seems like we are happy to sit on a 1 nil lead.

When we do go forward we are back to one saints player in the opposition box before we send in a high cross again

1st headed goal since January 2016, and it bounced first so not sure we should count it.

Successfully boring them to death so far. It'd be nice if we could give Gabbiadini some support and try for a second - I think we'll find it hard to get back on the front foot if we keep sitting deep and do concede an equaliser.

Come on, Saints, show a bit of intent to take charge of this game. Passive football is rife with pitfalls.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We seem to have taken our foot off the pedal since going ahead. Sit deeper and invite them forward and we could be punished. Having Redmond, Tadic and Boufal all on at the same time makes us a bit lightweight in midfield. I don't see Redmond adding much, nor Tadic particularly. I'd take one of them off for a more solid midfielder, or maybe make if three at the back with Yoshida, allowing Bertrand and Cedric to add width and pace out wide.

Specsavers moment Wes [emoji6]- Redmond not on pitch at moment.

From what I saw Bertrand has been more of a liability down the left than Boufal so far. Bertrand has been very sloppy in possession.

Neither have been fantastic defensively, but Boufal has completely abandoned his duties on two occasions (that I can remember). The dangerous cross into Knockaert which he 'sliced' back across the goal face, Boufal was just wandering around outside the box/not tracking the run.

Redmond isn't out there... yet.

We've probably been a bit too happy to sit back since the goal - ultimately we are leading and they haven't really looked like scoring.

When they get more open I can see us scoring on the counter. They'll struggle to score putting balls into the box with VVD and Hoedt in there.