puel......

washsaint

oh my, leicester playing some lovely stuff and great shape. what could he have done with boufal and the younger players this year?

forced out by c*** players who have shown this season we should have dumped them not puel. still at least our fans have a manager who does better interviews.......

oh my, leicester playing some lovely stuff and great shape. what could he have done with boufal and the younger players this year?

forced out by c*** players who have shown this season we should have dumped them not puel. still at least our fans have a manager who does better interviews.......

It’s early days but Leicester look good so far.

He's been there a week. Clearly he's had sod all impact on the way they are setup. But don't let logic and facts get in the way of your desire to get a boot in.

His decision to start Demarai Gray, who hasn't played much this season, and has been the key for both Leicester's goals

actually, the commentators are commenting on the changes he has made to their setup and how comfortable they look in this new formation. oh and younger players getting a look in.

shows how counter attacking with pace can make a difference as opposed to our plodding manner.

looks like it was our players that were/are the problem, not puel

It’s going to take him time to knock out the fast forward direct play. He’s only been there a week. Give him a chance and he can coach them to pass sideways for 90 minutes.

You mean long balls with Okazaki and Vardy chasing everything down. They've played much more on the deck than I've seen them in recent months -and starting Gray is having an immediate impact.

Unfortunately we didn't have the pace to play quick, neat counterattacking football, even as our best performances came away from home when we did give it a try.

You mean long balls with Okazaki and Vardy chasing everything down. They've played much more on the deck than I've seen them in recent months -and starting Gray is having an immediate impact.

Unfortunately we didn't have the pace to play quick, neat counterattacking football, even as our best performances came away from home when we did give it a try.

But we had Shane "Is that a barn door? I'll never hit that" Long the Irish Jamie Vardy...Ok fair point

It’s not always easy to play counterattacking football at home. We’ll see how he does against teams that sit back. I’m still pleased he’s not our manager.

Whether it was right or wrong to sack Claude it's now history, get over it.
\

It is history, but it's going to be pretty annoying if he manages to guide Leicester to a higher finish than Saints. Very early days but on the evidence of today's two matches so far there's every chance of that.

Talking of younger players, I was pleased to see PEH back on the pitch today, and I'd like to see McQueen get a bit of time off the bench sooner rather than later.

Well i did say that we should keep him and give him another season, but no, you all wanted to get rid. Here we are now 10 games in and you all want the new guy gone as well. I can see Leicester finishing way above us if they keep this up, we should have kept him.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

\

It is history, but it's going to be pretty annoying if he manages to guide Leicester to a higher finish than Saints. Very early days but on the evidence of today's two matches so far there's every chance of that.

Talking of younger players, I was pleased to see PEH back on the pitch today, and I'd like to see McQueen get a bit of time off the bench sooner rather than later.

Right now they are two goals up at home against a bottom 3 club whereas we got an away point !

For sure it’s a bit early to start making judgements based on today alone !!

Well i did say that we should keep him and give him another season, but no, you all wanted to get rid. Here we are now 10 games in and you all want the new guy gone as well. I can see Leicester finishing way above us if they keep this up, we should have kept him.

So people are not allowed to review or comment on Pellegrino after 11 games but you've done the full review on Puel n Leicester after 60 minutes...... :lol:

trigger_opt.jpg

So people are not allowed to review or comment on Pellegrino after 11 games but you've done the full review on Puel n Leicester after 60 minutes...... [emoji38]

trigger_opt.jpg

Less than 60 minutes, did it after about 35.

Puel playing 4-4-2!!!! No ****ing diamond, no 600 square and backward passes just plain old high tempo 4-4-2. One day it'll be back in fashion and then some **** will resurrect some formation out of history and be hailed a genius. 4-2-3-1 only exists because Brazil used it to accommodate Jairzinho, Pele and Rivellino behind Tostao winning the 1970 world cup final against Italy now everybody thinks it's the modern way.

We didn’t score a home goal in FIVE games. Pellegrino appointment may have been the wrong decision but sacking Puel wasn’t.

And if those missed penalties had gone in?????? It wasn't Puel who missed them.

He did a good job last season and shouldn't have been given the boot.

However, you are right in that Pellegrino wasn't the best replacement..... Remains to be seen what he can do over the season; I very much doubt he will be replaced any time soon.

7th on chances, 20th on conversion for us last year (as has been widely discussed) - with a decent striking partnership our conversion might have been much higher. He has, in vardy and mahrez, exactly what we missed last year so it will interesting to see how they do once his philosophy is fully in place.

He was way too defensive last season but it was his first prem job so he will have reflected on that and thought about how to do things differently. As much as the majority felt he should go (me included), it would have been interesting to see how his second season worked out with a full transfer window. I reckon the board wobbled when they saw ST renewals were low along with players moaning and bottled it rather than sticking with Clod (which they were probably planning on doing).

He got them playing on the counter, nothing they haven't done for years they have a counter attacking team and that is how they won.

Also they won the two games before he got appointed, but I don't see you praising Appleton....

Plus they beat a very bad Everton team playing 4-4-2.

But you know you could get carried away on one result.

Our crapness has nothing really to do with out manager and everything to do with our better players basically coasting and the squad in need of an overhaul.

the problem with the "ship out the deadwood policy" is that you have to find someone to take them, and they have to be willing to go there!, alot of our under performing players, have played well before....... i think VVD has soured the dressing room, get rid of him (abroad) and give the rest a captain they actually respect.

the problem with the "ship out the deadwood policy" is that you have to find someone to take them, and they have to be willing to go there!, alot of our under performing players, have played well before....... i think VVD has soured the dressing room, get rid of him (abroad) and give the rest a captain they actually respect.

That's what they have agents for.

Tadic I have lost patience with. Flatters to deceive, isn't good enough for us.

Redmond is still relatively young, so I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some decent coaching and he could be a decent player for us.

What we need is a proper number 10. We don't have one.

This was Fonte at the start of Puel's tenure. Hugely toxic to the dressing room. I don't think VVD is anywhere near as bad.

The real problem was the loss of Mane, Pelle and Wanyama anf the lack of quality replacements.

Yes indeed. Plus VVD and Austin injured. Plus the extra Thursday games every other week. Plus (as someone has just reminded me) having to deal with a toxic Fonte for half a season.

They sat deep and countered with pace. That didn't work here as we don't have the players good enough to pull it off and he refused to play any other way. He didn't fit for us, no shame in that. Hope he does well at Leicester. Good luck to him.

Surely too early to pass judgement, he said himself he'd only seen the team 2 days before the match. Think it will be interesting (Pun intended) to see how things pan out..... If Claude has a storming time at Leicester, and we're still playing negative / pass along the back four football, then their will surely be questions of Eric Black (The common denominator). If Claude takes them backwards then it will show something more serious at Southampton......

He got them playing on the counter, nothing they haven't done for years they have a counter attacking team and that is how they won.

Also they won the two games before he got appointed, but I don't see you praising Appleton....

Plus they beat a very bad Everton team playing 4-4-2.

But you know you could get carried away on one result.

Our crapness has nothing really to do with out manager and everything to do with our better players basically coasting and the squad in need of an overhaul.

That Everton team would probably beat us as at least they have guile and determination

Yes indeed. Plus VVD and Austin injured. Plus the extra Thursday games every other week. Plus (as someone has just reminded me) having to deal with a toxic Fonte for half a season.

And the lack of arrival of Gabbi until January. People forget the type of football we played in the first three/four months of the season. If we had signed Gabbi last summer in that side we'd have had a lot more points before Christmas.

It was hard to disagree with the sacking in the summer after the way the season ended, but the last couple of months did distort a lot of what had happened up the cup final.

Whether MP is the right man to have replaced Puel is the real question. I don't know what my answer is to that, but yesterday was pretty grim viewing.

• 2 years later...
On 14/07/2020 at 00:59, Nolan said:

1 draw away from equalling the Puel  46pts, 8th Position season, 1 win from bettering Puel.

On 14/07/2020 at 02:02, SKD said:

Which goes to show, which a few of us pointed out at the time, that 8th was a bit of a false position that season and was more about the standard of the league, rather than how well we had played. 

That being said, arsenal game aside, since the restart this is the best I can remember us playing... and that’s with a squad that in general wouldn’t get a sniff in the poch / Koeman teams.  

On 14/07/2020 at 03:09, Lighthouse said:

It’s not impossible for us to beat Puel’s points total and finish 14th. It would require Palace to win 2 out of 3 pretty tough fixtures but it is at least plausible. Puts the whole ‘they sacked him because 8th wasn’t good enough’ argument into a bit more perspective.

On 14/07/2020 at 03:13, S-Clarke said:

I know the media still say 'And they sacked Puel for finishing 8th!' - but us fans know what we see and what we're on about, and there was nothing but regression about his game and the improvement in our play wasn't there. It took us a little while to get out of the Puel mindset of pass, pass pass and do nothing with it, but we're finally there.

Yes, we finished 8th, we weren't in a relegation battle, but he still had the likes of VVD, Tadic, Fonte etc in that side. We were closer to 17th than we were 7th, I couldn't wait to get shot of the bore. Leicester also felt our pain a few months later and it took them a while to recover as well.

Death by football.

Bump! It's baaaaack!

• Like 1