January 18 transfer window

SKD

Stating the obvious I know but unless you pay over the odds, or are mates with the manager (or both in the case of Carillo) it must be very hard to attract players when you're in the relegation zone in January. Add to that the fact that clubs think you've got £75m burning a hole in your pocket and its no wonder its taking a long time

I guess - only speculation here from my side - that the new guys will have a bonus attached to the contract if we stay up? Remember 2007 that Jamie Redcrap and god help Calum Davenport had that in their contracts.

But again lots of things has changed since 2007.....

I guess - only speculation here from my side - that the new guys will have a bonus attached to the contract if we stay up? Remember 2007 that Jamie Redcrap and god help Calum Davenport had that in their contracts.

Decent.

personally I think Deulofeu is average. He struggled to get in the Everton side, was lightweight and didn't offer anywhere near enough quality. I was amazed Barca brought him back into the fold, but after a quick look they quite clearly have seen he ain't all that.

personally I think Deulofeu is average. He struggled to get in the Everton side, was lightweight and didn't offer anywhere near enough quality. I was amazed Barca brought him back into the fold, but after a quick look they quite clearly have seen he ain't all that.

Just seems to get shunted around at every other window.

To be fair though, no other clubs have lost their best player other than arsenal.

Best player when he could be arsed which he wasn't this season and its hardly like we were winning when VVD was playing (much like Liverpool...) anyway.

Arsenal have probably had it worse in regards to player sales with Walcott and Sanchez and now possibly Giroud

Still Mahrez isn't a bad second choice. Don't know how Laporte will hold up at first. Pace of the PL game might be a bit quick for him.

I think he would do well there..I always thought he would end up at Arsenal.

It will be interesting if he doesn't go to see how he reacts for the rest of the season given the behaviour of a few others recently!

City seem a bit random, they have gone from Evans to VVD to 57 mill on a player who has never played in the prem. Not sure the policy.

Funnily enough, I was day-dreaming about a loan-swap deal with Redmond before I saw this....

MAGPIES MAKE MANGALA ENQUIRY

Newcastle have made an enquiry to Manchester City over the availability of Eliaquim Mangala, Sky Sports News understands.

The Frenchman has fallen down the pecking order at the Etihad following the club-record arrival of Aymeric Laporte.

However, we understand it’s unlikely Newcastle will progress with a bid unless City reduce their asking price.

Mangala moved to City from Porto for £32m in 2014.

I reckon he will def move this window now with Laporte signed.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with regular game time.

He was rubbish when he did have regular game time. It’ll be more interesting to see how he gets on in a poor team.

I’d rather have Stephens than Mangala. The most overpriced footballer ever.

Not a great fan of Magala, but we really could do with someone with his physical attributes at the back. Where you gain in that department you will lose in terms of quality of distribution. Perhaps a side like ours could afford to give up a little in that area in favour of someone that can actually win a header