January 18 transfer window

SKD

Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino wants Theo Walcott or Guido Carrillo to fire him back into fans' good books:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/southampton-transfers-mauricio-pellegrino-theo-walcott-guido-carrillo-goals-a8148536.html

Given that for all his effort Long does not score many goals, Austin is injured and Pellegrino does not seem to rate Gabbiadini, you’d think that the club would hurry up and sign a striker.

The away supporters’ chanting for one moment during the Fulham game has really caught the attention of the press.

Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino wants Theo Walcott or Guido Carrillo to fire him back into fans' good books:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/southampton-transfers-mauricio-pellegrino-theo-walcott-guido-carrillo-goals-a8148536.html

Completely outplayed FFS we should have won 3-0. Fulham were sh1t.

Walcott or Guido they are so similar in style ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

That doesn’t make much sense.They are hardly similar players so the purchase of one shouldn’t preclude the other.

Starting to think we could of got loads more off Liverpool now they have received a good sum from Barca.

The thought of the Liverpool fans losing a star player without a good player coming in would of sent them crazy.

Just a shame our Les Reed don't think the same way.

Starting to think we could of got loads more off Liverpool now they have received a good sum from Barca.

The thought of the Liverpool fans losing a star player without a good player coming in would of sent them crazy.

Do you seriously think the Club were not aware of the imminent Coutinho sale and it’s likely level?

They must have known. A fair few of us were pointing it out even on here. The figures they were gonna get were everywhere. Hence why we got 10 mill more than we were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else getting the slightest worrying inkling that nobody is coming in at all?

Not just an inkling my friend. You just have to look at what's happening elsewhere to see how transfers can take place very quickly indeed when all parties are serious. You'd have thought a transfer fee of £143m would be the subject of weeks and weeks of bartering but no, it went through at the drop of a hat. The lack of activity here confirms one of two things, lack of intent or a useless effing negotiator at work. Surely spending £15/20m isn't that difficult.

Not just an inkling my friend. You just have to look at what's happening elsewhere to see how transfers can take place very quickly indeed when all parties are serious. You'd have thought a transfer fee of £143m would be the subject of weeks and weeks of bartering but no, it went through at the drop of a hat. The lack of activity here confirms one of two things, lack of intent or a useless effing negotiator at work. Surely spending £15/20m isn't that difficult.

You can't honestly believe that.

. You just have to look at what's happening elsewhere to see how transfers can take place very quickly indeed when all parties are serious. You'd have thought a transfer fee of £143m would be the subject of weeks and weeks of bartering but no, it went through at the drop of a hat.

Jesus wept.

Why didn't we use Van D as leverage to sign Ings / Sturridge? i.e say to Liverpool yes you can have him however we get first dibs on some of your players....... Are the board idiots?

Because Ings has barely played for years and Sturridge is a prize **** and both of them are probably on wages we don't want to pay.

Apart from that, yeah, they're probably a bunch of idiots.

Bloody hell there is a lot of bed wetting on here! Transfers in Jan tend to be drawn out as clubs won’t sell until they have a replacement lined up, and they won’t sell until they do etc...

VVD was an expection due to realising holding onto him didn’t work so got rid once they could.

Just because we didn’t sign someone the day after selling VVD doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

I feel maybe the board want to use the money to appeal to a possible new manager, wgich as a few have mentioned could easily be on the cards. Maybe new manager is priority number 1, allowing the new man to bring in his own choices?

Really hope so.

Surely not being serious? Drop of a hat meaning it's been dragging on as long as the van d-ick saga ?

Bloody hell there is a lot of bed wetting on here! Transfers in Jan tend to be drawn out as clubs won’t sell until they have a replacement lined up, and they won’t sell until they do etc...

VVD was an expection due to realising holding onto him didn’t work so got rid once they could.

Just because we didn’t sign someone the day after selling VVD doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Our form and league placement means recruitment is needed pronto. If we leave it til end of month bearing in mind new players need to be integrated etc we could be one foot in the championship by then. Our fixtures at tail end of season aren't to kind on paper whereas games coming up against Watford, WBA and BHA represent seemingly better opportunities to gain much needed points. but we need reinforcements that will somehow implement pellegrino's warped tactics to get the required results. Current squad have zero confidence and a scrappy and arguably fortuitous win at Fulham won't change that.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Loads more? It was a world record FFS!

Loads more? It was a world record FFS!
You're wasting your time. The "we've been ripped off" brigade will come out regardless of the size of any fee we ever get. Ever.

World record for a defender and we could have got loads more. Loads. More.

When Man City won't pay your price but the scousers panic and pay you what you wanted plus the extra 5 million you added on from the summer price as they were being dicks..then you know you have probably squeezed just about as much as you were going to get out of the deal IMO.

I think Liverpool were the only club stupid/desperate enough to pay that much for him so, considering he's hardly played this season and is coming back from a long term injury, came in with an over the top bid hoping it would scare the likes of Chelsea & Man City away and it worked

Our form and league placement means recruitment is needed pronto. If we leave it til end of month bearing in mind new players need to be integrated etc we could be one foot in the championship by then. Our fixtures at tail end of season aren't to kind on paper whereas games coming up against Watford, WBA and BHA represent seemingly better opportunities to gain much needed points. but we need reinforcements that will somehow implement pellegrino's warped tactics to get the required results. Current squad have zero confidence and a scrappy and arguably fortuitous win at Fulham won't change that.

So you’d rather we just rushed it and got people in now???

Why would it be rushing when Reed has stated that black box is always being updated by recruitment team so they are aware of x players for x positions who would meet x criteria?

Does not mean they are available or want to come to Southampton does it

Iheanaho was somebody I completely got wrong in the summer.

I thought he'd be a brilliant signing for them.

Playing second fiddle to Vardy (understandable) in a team pretty much only playing one CF.

I'd snap their hand off if he is available, especially at that price (which I very much doubt considering they payed around £25m for him a few months ago). Not sure he's the target man we need though.

Playing second fiddle to Vardy (understandable) in a team pretty much only playing one CF.

I'd snap their hand off if he is available, especially at that price (which I very much doubt considering they payed around £25m for him a few months ago). Not sure he's the target man we need though.

It's why I'm not remotely surprised Claude is doing well there.

Vardy. Iheancho. Slimani. Okazaki. Ulloa.

Plus Mahrez & Gray.

What a great array of attacking talent they have.

It's why I'm not remotely surprised Claude is doing well there.

Vardy. Iheancho. Slimani. Okazaki. Ulloa.

Plus Mahrez & Gray.

What a great array of attacking talent they have.

From SSN

IHEANACHO AVIALIBLE?

Kelechi Iheanacho could be on his way out of Leicester City despite only signing in August.

Claude Puel has admitted he has too many strikers at the club and we've been told Leicester are willing to listen to offers for Iheanacho, Leonardo Ulloa and Ahmed Musa.

I have expressed interest in Ulloa previously. Still think he would be ideal for us as an option to Charlie . Iheanacho would be a good Gabbi alternative.

From SSN

IHEANACHO AVIALIBLE?

Kelechi Iheanacho could be on his way out of Leicester City despite only signing in August.

Claude Puel has admitted he has too many strikers at the club and we've been told Leicester are willing to listen to offers for Iheanacho, Leonardo Ulloa and Ahmed Musa.

I have expressed interest in Ulloa previously. Still think he would be ideal for us as an option to Charlie . Iheanacho would be a good Gabbi alternative.

Would prefer Slimani myself. A lot of untapped potential there (IMHO).

We have been linked with a young striker from the Championship. In and out this season but has four league goals...

Thoughts?

Four league goals...In the Championship?! I have no idea who it is so I can't make a judgement but that statistic doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.