January 18 transfer window

SKD

What planned protests?

And because they view message boards.... [emoji38]

:mcinnes:

It's really not incredibly surprising that the club would monitor message boards. Lowe did it and considering the importance this regime has placed on PR, I'd be more surprised if they weren't actively keeping tabs about what is being said about them online. I also know from a few years back that certain junior employees were given the task of monitoring message boards so it's naive to think it doesn't happen.

It's really not incredibly surprising that the club would monitor message boards. Lowe did it and considering the importance this regime has placed on PR, I'd be more surprised if they weren't actively keeping tabs about what is being said about them online. I also know from a few years back that certain junior employees were given the task of monitoring message boards so it's naive to think it doesn't happen.

I am not suggesting they don`t, just saying that they would not be influenced to make special provisions because of what is written on here like transfer announcements

(Waves at Les Reed)

‘You need to retire and let someone else run the club as you can’t do it anymore.’

I am not suggesting they don`t, just saying that they would not be influenced to make special provisions because of what is written on here like transfer announcements
I would consider it incredibly likely that the telegraph article which came out shortly after Walcott was announced yesterday would have been deliberately timed by our pr company in an attempt to quell fan unrest. Some of that unrest would have been from fans online which includes on this messageboard so I do think our actions are designed to some degree to have as big a positive impact on fans as they can generate.

I would consider it incredibly likely that the telegraph article which came out shortly after Walcott was announced yesterday would have been deliberately timed by our pr company in an attempt to quell fan unrest. Some of that unrest would have been from fans online which includes on this messageboard so I do think our actions are designed to some degree to have as big a positive impact on fans as they can generate.

Possibly but the "unrest" you speak of is not really happening is it? Only some posts on here are suggesting "unrest" and some resorting to childish name calling which will be treated as such

Fans on here who attend the games see/hear only booing but not "unrest" and i agree having attended myself.

Anyone running a business and being influenced by a bunch of Internet warriors really should not be running that business.
And anyone wanting to run an effective PR and marketing campaign and not keeping an eye on the customer base and their thoughts and feelings aren't going to be in business very long. Obviously the club arent going to change great swathes of their plans but what they will be doing is timing releases of information such as new signings or updating fans based on what is going to have the greatest positive impact and undoubtedly part of how they will monitor that impact is through close analysis of social media and also what is said on here. That's just common sense.

Possibly but the "unrest" you speak of is not really happening is it? Only some posts on here are suggesting "unrest" and some resorting to childish name calling which will be treated as such

Fans on here who attend the games see/hear only booing but not "unrest" and i agree having attended myself.

I would consider the chanting during the Fulham game to be unrest, certainly in the eyes of the club who have a carefully cultivated public image. Had we lost against Fulham do you not consider it likely we would have seen more disorder? The club aren't stupid and they know that if we go a couple behind before half time against spurs that the discontent will grow. The whole point of PR is to anticipate negative customer reactions and then attempt to mitigate that reaction. For this reason it wouldn't surprise me if saints would be pleased to get this signing sorted before spurs because in my opinion it would slightly dampen any potential protests and the club can spin the situation better. There's a reason they released the information about signings this week.

Anyone running a business and being influenced by a bunch of Internet warriors really should not be running that business.

Idiotic comment.

If you don't think that any business keeps an eye on its customer base you are well and truly deluded.

FWIW, it's not just people on the internet who are unhappy, regular attendees are showing their discontent at games as well.

And anyone wanting to run an effective PR and marketing campaign and not keeping an eye on the customer base and their thoughts and feelings aren't going to be in business very long. Obviously the club arent going to change great swathes of their plans but what they will be doing is timing releases of information such as new signings or updating fans based on what is going to have the greatest positive impact and undoubtedly part of how they will monitor that impact is through close analysis of social media and also what is said on here. That's just common sense.

Exactly. Again soggy’s making himself look silly. In the dim recesses of his brain, he has an image of the club reacting passively to supporters whims, a strawman claim that nobody has attempted to make or pretended was the case.

But you both spent a long time blaming the fans for Puel's exit......

Confused much?

Idiotic comment.

If you don't think that any business keeps an eye on its customer base you are well and truly deluded.

FWIW, it's not just people on the internet who are unhappy, regular attendees are showing their discontent at games as well.

I think one of the measures (and it will be way too late by then) is how many tickets are sold for the Watford game. A huge number still available.

Yep just goes to show its a combination of things all coming together at once that is causing this situation that a simple solution, such as changing the manager, or getting a new player in won't change on their own.

Time for a major re think by the board on how we remain competitive in this league ( if indeed we can stay in this league)

Edited by doddisalegend

****, I missed the Brighton home game. The one where a late goal cost us a point. First home game I’ve missed for 2 years.

“Games have been there to be won but instead a late goal cost them a point at home to Brighton and two against Arsenal”

When writing an article about other people’s errors, it’s probably a good idea to get basic facts right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

****, I missed the Brighton home game. The one where a late goal cost us a point. First home game I’ve missed for 2 years.

“Games have been there to be won but instead a late goal cost them a point at home to Brighton and two against Arsenal”

When writing an article about other people’s errors, it’s probably a good idea to get basic facts right.

Probably meant Burnley or something. I take it that aside you agree with the article?

But you both spent a long time blaming the fans for Puel's exit......

Confused much?

I certainly did`nt spend a lot of time on it, more along the line of "careful what you wished for"

but no where near as long as you spend with your rabid rants against the man you are jealous of

You talk about common sense. Where is the common sense in knee jerk reactions and total assumptions based on no hard evidence? Of course you need to keep an eye on your "customer base" but it would be extremely foolhardy to base your decisions on feedback based on people who have no idea how to run a business let alone a multi million pound Premiership football club business. This Board and others like it goes into meltdown every time we lose a match, sell a player, buy what is perceived to be the wrong player etc. They might well monitor these boards, but as I said, if they base their decision making on that feedback they must be crazy. You cant run a business based on reactionary feedback. Just look at the number of people on here who say they would have Cortese back again. That tells you all you need to know.

Is that all you've picked up on?

It is a bang on article in all aspects.

You talk about common sense. Where is the common sense in knee jerk reactions and total assumptions based on no hard evidence? Of course you need to keep an eye on your "customer base" but it would be extremely foolhardy to base your decisions on feedback based on people who have no idea how to run a business let alone a multi million pound Premiership football club business. This Board and others like it goes into meltdown every time we lose a match, sell a player, buy what is perceived to be the wrong player etc. They might well monitor these boards, but as I said, if they base their decision making on that feedback they must be crazy. You cant run a business based on reactionary feedback. Just look at the number of people on here who say they would have Cortese back again. That tells you all you need to know.
I give up. Will someone tell this simpleton how a PR company works and that no one has suggested knee jerk reactions based on what fans say on here? I know shurlock made it perfectly clear earlier but it obviously hasn't got through.

Mistakes aside you don't think it made some interesting points about how (perceived) mid table clubs keep the momentum going season after season?

Been mentioned, but haven't seen a link, so

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15856814.Saints_can_survive_without_new_signings/

Definitely softening us up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

no chance. They would be crazy not to spend any cash in january unless the owner has specifically said no funds. Imagine the abuse Reed would get at home games sat in the directors box.

Been mentioned, but haven't seen a link, so

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15856814.Saints_can_survive_without_new_signings/

Definitely softening us up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do you really believe it’s that sinister, that the club told Longy to get out and blow smoke up our arse. It’s more a case of what else is he going to say. “ we need new signings because some of my mates are Shiite “.

Do you really believe it’s that sinister, that the club told Longy to get out and blow smoke up our arse. It’s more a case of what else is he going to say. “ we need new signings because some of my mates are Shiite “.

Yep. There's no conspiracy, we are clearly going to bring at least one player in, probably two. The interviewer probably said something to him along the lines of "the club have found signings difficult this month so far. Do you think you have enough quality in the team if you don't manage to sign anyone?"

Blimey, the delusions of relevance never cease to amaze me. If you think the board are in anyway interested in the inane ramblings of a handful of simpletons with social issues you are sorely mistaken, they care about the opinions of the fanbase overall, of course they do but "they monitor this board you know" makes it sound like some kind of grand conspiracy where Ralph and Les are sat around going "OH NOES ALPINE SAINT IS UPSETS WAT R WE GONNA DOOOOO!"

Blimey, the delusions of relevance never cease to amaze me. If you think the board are in anyway interested in the inane ramblings of a handful of simpletons with social issues you are sorely mistaken, they care about the opinions of the fanbase overall, of course they do but "they monitor this board you know" makes it sound like some kind of grand conspiracy where Ralph and Les are sat around going "OH NOES ALPINE SAINT IS UPSETS WAT R WE GONNA DOOOOO!"
Again precisely no one has said that. Did you even read what was written? Do you have even a rudimentary understanding of how PR works? I think if anyone believes that sweeping changes are made at the club based on some reactionary messages on here then they are obviously deluded but no one has said that. You do understand there is a huge difference between for example sacking a manager based on some derogatory message on a Web forum and using Web forums along with other social media to get a feel for the concerns of the fan base in order to try to solve problems? I guarantee you the pr company hired by the club will be looking at a wide range of sources to gather information and messageboards will be one strand of many when devising a PR campaign in exactly the same way that the pr company did under Lowe. It amazes me that more people aren't aware of this or that some will pretend the club totally ignores what is said about them online. Edited by hypochondriac

Again precisely no one has said that. Did you even read what was written? Do you have even a rudimentary understanding of how PR works? I think if anyone believes that sweeping changes are made at the club based on some reactionary messages on here then they are obviously deluded but no one has said that.

I'm not ITK but I have a hunch they'll announce the signing of Carrillo just before the Spurs game to head off planned protests, which they'll be aware of because they do monitor these messagboards.

I think this was the post that kicked it all off....

what morons some of our fans are, giving Long abuse on Twitter.

No different from any other club's fans on twitter. Every single club in the league has morons on social media, the players are probably warned about it in their social media training.

And that`s why it should be called T watter , a platform for T wats to post shyte

Given that Long is effectively stealing a living as a footballer (especially in the PL), I think his skin should be thick enough to handle the abuse.

Suspect he just laughs and thinks "what at p rick" like most normal people would.

Could you imagine if he responded by giving the abuse back , those morons would be snivelling like babies and wanting the club to take action

I think this was the post that kicked it all off....
Which as I said is not a sweeping change. I am almost certain the club would look to time announcements such as signings to maximise the positivity that such an announcement would have. Its why generally we don't hear about signings at 3am and we often get a teaser on somethibg like twitter to build anticipation. If the club believed that they could build more positivity and perhaps quell some negativity by announcing a signing before a game rather than at another time then I expect it would be something they would look to do. It's hardly the most controversial statement in the world.

Which as I said is not a sweeping change. I am almost certain the club would look to time announcements such as signings to maximise the positivity that such an announcement would have. Its why generally we don't hear about signings at 3am and we often get a teaser on somethibg like twitter to build anticipation. If the club believed that they could build more positivity and perhaps quell some negativity by announcing a signing before a game rather than at another time then I expect it would be something they would look to do. It's hardly the most controversial statement in the world.

I think we all agree that they do look at message boards but would not completely base their announcements/actions based on what is written

by a few of its members as it is only a minority, they would be more interested in the actions/mood from the fans at games and

despite a few on here asking for some kind of ticket waving/or something type protest nothing is actually happening unless its a secret protest ;)

I think we all agree that they do look at message boards but would not completely base their announcements/actions based on what is written

by a few of its members as it is only a minority, they would be more interested in the actions/mood from the fans at games and

despite a few on here asking for some kind of ticket waving/or something type protest nothing is actually happening unless its a secret protest ;)

And I don't think anyone has said they would base their actions or announcements entirely on what is written on here, or course they don't. I do however think they are very interested in how the club is perceived online. Supposed ITK posters have alluded to it but it also just makes sense to attempt to bolster or safeguard your reputation both through social media but also in here. It wouldn't surprise me if the pr company have some sort of fan profile for people who use messageboards and a specific strategy to target them. It's how these things work.

I agree that we won't be seeing any planned protests any time soon unless we end up rooted to the bottom at some point or things get even worse - we had a pretty well attended anti Lowe protest organised by some spotty kid online a few years ago. I think most fans are aware that an organised protest won't actually achieve much at this point but if we get relegated before the last game I am sure we will see something organised to express anger.

Edited by hypochondriac