January 18 transfer window

SKD

Very good player, would be a massive upgrade on Walcott.

If we’re concerned by the money, that for me proves the board/owners need shot ASAP.

Funny though, I think we are going to beat Spurs. There, I've said it - all this doom and gloom. Enough of being negative until 6.30 on Sunday night.

I’m with you on this although I think if I had a Lawro type table of my predictions I’d probably have us on 45pts so far. Naively optimistic.

Very good player, would be a massive upgrade on Walcott.

If we’re concerned by the money, that for me proves the board/owners need shot ASAP.

I have to say I don't mind if the board takes at least a few moments to contemplate what laying out 30 million for one player means for the bottom line.

Which is not to say I would be angry if it happens.

I have to say I don't mind if the board takes at least a few moments to contemplate what laying out 30 million for one player means for the bottom line.

Which is not to say I would be angry if it happens.

We’ve literally just received £70m (in instalments k know, but no reason why our deal wouldn’t be structured in the same way)......

FFS, Bin dippers already tapping him up to buy in 2 years...... He has been linked with a move to Liverpool and their manager Jurgen Klopp compared him to Sadio Mane when his side played Spartak in the Champions League this season, saying "he can shoot very quickly and is a proper striker".

If Walcott was a smoke screen for this then fair enough. Younger, player of the year in Russia and can find the net. £30 million seems unlikely though. But, as others have said £30 million is the new £15 million. Inflations a *****! Get it done Les and claw some of the respect from the fans back.

I’m with you on this although I think if I had a Lawro type table of my predictions I’d probably have us on 45pts so far. Naively optimistic.

Naive optimism is what its all about, otherwise there is little point. I tend to flit between pessimistic optimism, and optimistic pessimism (as I am a grumpy old sod). Trying as long as possible to fend off the pessimistic pessimism.

If Walcott was a smoke screen for this then fair enough. Younger, player of the year in Russia and can find the net. £30 million seems unlikely though. But, as others have said £30 million is the new £15 million. Inflations a *****! Get it done Les and claw some of the respect from the fans back.

If this WAS a smokescreen (and I highly doubt it) it would be bloody hilarious to see some of the mongboard regulars reaction.

So when Mane goes to Spain Promes will go up the M6 and £50M comes down the other way. Good business Saints, what its all about….

Exactly. The fact of the matter is, one of our main attractions is still that we are a stepping stone. No one seems to mind when that helps us secure players but when it comes to selling them we all still get ****ed off. Better to have and sell than to not have at all.

I'd suggest were FAR more likely to spend £30M on this guy than £20M on Theo. Quincy would be on far less wages too.

He'd fit with our sell-on model....get a couple of season out of him and sell him on for a £20M profit.

However......could this be a case of the board aiming to 'look good' before we make a last day, frantic effort to bring in Snodgrass on loan?!!

Blimey look at you all going all gooey on this rumour.

Its probably another smokescreen to divert the interest away from us getting some player from Stevenage.

For all thinking the club don´t care about these kind of sites with fans oppinions - this clearly shows that the meadia team at the club keep at least one eye on this forum......

Blimey look at you all going all gooey on this rumour.

Its probably another smokescreen to divert the interest away from us getting some player from Stevenage.

Les in early Feb: "Ambitious club.....aiming to bring in established internationals...difficult window.....not spending for the sake of it......we look long term.......we're delighted to welcome Nick Powell to the Saints, and look forward to the quality he brings."

I'd suggest were FAR more likely to spend £30M on this guy than £20M on Theo. Quincy would be on far less wages too.

He'd fit with our sell-on model....get a couple of season out of him and sell him on for a £20M profit.

However......could this be a case of the board aiming to 'look good' before we make a last day, frantic effort to bring in Snodgrass on loan?!!

I think Les has been rumbled now.

Initial thought is that I can't see us splashing £25-30m on a player, or one that sits within that price bracket being prepared to sign for us.

Dutch international. Hope he doesn't share an agent with RK and VD though.

I saw that on SSN news last night we are in for Slimani, surely he is at least a bit experienced in the PL and may add the bite to our forward line. Afterall we need someone who can add 8-10 goals between now nd the end of the season

Slimani and Promes will do.

Get it done Les!

Dutch media have said we are close to signing Quincy Promes from Spartak Moscow, however Loserpool are also interested.

I think it was more they have been interested previously.

He's not really a replacement for Coutinho, and they already have Keita coming in the near future.

Plus Salah, Mane, and Firmino.

Not sure how Promes would fit in there.

But don't stress. here's not coming here either.