January 18 transfer window

SKD

Fancy cutting and pasting a link?

Because this looks like click bait...

2a3957ba8c252219840a5b6afb5fb8fc.jpg

"Monaco have rejected a £17.6m offer from Southampton for striker Guido Carrillo, Sky Sports News understands.

Sky Sports News*reported earlier this month that the Saints were keen to sign the 26-year-old, who previously worked with boss Mauricio Pellegrino in their native Argentina.

Carrillo has made 22 appearances this season but just two of them have been starts in Ligue 1. He has scored 20 goals in over 50 appearances for Monaco since signing from Estudiantes in 2015."

Could be. Standard "Sky sources"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

"Monaco have rejected a £17.6m offer from Southampton for striker Guido Carrillo, Sky Sports News understands... "

Found it now... Hidden in the app on transfer centre page.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11214369/monaco-reject-southamptons-offer-for-guido-carrillo

Sounds like they're going for a bigger slice of cash. The downside of getting a world record defender fee..

Found it now... Hidden in the app on transfer centre page.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11214369/monaco-reject-southamptons-offer-for-guido-carrillo

Sounds like they're going for a bigger slice of cash. The downside of getting a world record defender fee..

Yep. Usual thing of hoping that, now our interest is known, other clubs will come in and outbid us. If he's any good, we'll lose him. So we'll only get him if he isn't. [emoji852]️

Edited by Shroppie

Being reported £17m rejected for Carrillo.

They know how desperate we are and that we are sitting on 75m.

We've totally shot ourselves in the foot. We have no reputation to attract a player to play on any more.

Day 21, still not a single player in.

They know how desperate we are and that we are sitting on 75m.

We've totally shot ourselves in the foot. We have no reputation to attract a player to play on any more.

Day 21, still not a single player in.

Doesn’t really have much to do with reputation if the selling club won’t accept a bid. By all accounts he is keen to join but we’ve messed up by announcing that we’ve got £75m and are now being held to ransom.

Doesn’t really have much to do with reputation if the selling club won’t accept a bid. By all accounts he is keen to join but we’ve messed up by announcing that we’ve got £75m and are now being held to ransom.

It will indeed be about 'ransom'. They hold all the cards. They don't need to sell; we need to buy. They can keep saying no until the last minute of the window, to get as big as fee as they can.

An ITK claim on the Reddit forum is that Saints will be signing RB Ryan Fredericks of Fulham, with Targett going the other way on loan. The fee is not yet agreed.

I’m not sure what to make of this, since the club only seems to be considering attacking options according to its media mouthpiece in the Telegraph if I recall, but there seems to be a bit of a need for depth at RB as Pied’s contract winds down.

Fredericks was speculated as a Swansea/Stoke target last week by the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5242711/Stoke-Swansea-battle-Fulhams-Ryan-Fredericks.html

Was watching the championship highlights earlier on SSN & noticed he got 3 assists yesterday.

Interesting link... Almost as if they expect to lose a striker.

MONACO EYE SLIMANI SWOOP

Monaco are interested in signing Islam Slimani from Leicester City but they will have to pay close to the £28m fee that the Premier League side paid for him according to Sky Sources.

Slimani became Leicester's record signing when joining from Sporting Lisbon but has fallen down the pecking order this season. Besiktas, Southampton and Newcastle United are also interested.

I've just seen on griffets Twitter we are interested in Lucas Moura ??
Why wouldn't we be interested? Griffets been tweeting consistently about a loan from PSG.

Obviously they may say no, but what's the harm in enquiring?

update from his twitter.

Lucas moura want to play in EPL,but he want to be sure of playing every games to have a chance to go at the world cup with the brazil squad

arsenal and spurs want him,but not so sure he will play every games !?

So the #saints is an options for him ..

Let be confident fans

There’s a new player in the stadium. He’s with Hugo. No name I’m afraid, all I know is he’s black. Will come back if I get more. Could be signed/could not be.

They've got just under 3 hours to secure the room he's in so he can't go running away after the match.