January 18 transfer window

SKD

You do understand that other teams, agents and the player himself have a say in it don’t you. You don’t buy players off the shelf in Tesco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No really I am shocked....FFS

PS

To add no I don't expect us to have signed by now but not to wait too long and would ideally like someone in before the Fulham game...if it was as suggested agreed at Huddersfield match. There plain and simple enough for the thick to understand it.

Edited by Give it to Ron

You do understand that other teams, agents and the player himself have a say in it don’t you. You don’t buy players off the shelf in Tesco.

You do understand that many negotiations start before the transfer window opens.

You do understand that many negotiations start before the transfer window opens.

Course I do. But top players that are made available will be touted around all window. We’re not Barca where players get a once in a lifetime chance to move. We’re in a big pot with about a dozen other sides. What’s an agent going to do, suggest the player accepts the first offer or will he be on the blower to Fat Sam, West Ham, Leicester “ Player X is available , Saints have offered him 60k a week and the selling club have accepted £20 mil, are you interested ?” If you’re talking about players like Sturridge and Walcott, unless the player insists on moving to us (as Rooney did with Everton) it’s gonna drag out. It suits all parties if there’s a bidding war, except of course the buying club. If a player signs early in the window it means he desperately wants to come, or it’s a big step up for him and he doesn’t want to miss out. The other reason could be the selling club are desperate for money, but the pool we’re now buying from, that’s becoming less and less likely. Most players won’t give a Shiite which mid table club they sign for, so it makes sense not to sign too early. Even players and agents clubs want rid of have most of the power.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Jon Gittens has a great jaw and does not get sparked out. Your friend / you are probably suffering from delusions brought about by the absolute pasting Jon Gittens delivered.

KR, JG

I was there. Gittens has a glass jaw and ended up laid out by the bar, unconscious. Before he went down, he was like Bambi on ice. An absolute tool if ever there was one. I reckon your mum could knock him out.

I remember the game well, was on Sky and Liverpool wore their amber kit if I recall. But why was it "infamous"?
I used infamous, probably incorrectly, purely because I think it was the last time that we had to change to using an orange ball during the game because of the snow. I maybe wrong, but I don't believe we have done so since, in those days a normal ball was predominantly white, so with the way balls are today perhaps there's is no such thing as a winter ball.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I used infamous, probably incorrectly, purely because I think it was the last time that we had to change to using an orange ball during the game because of the snow. I maybe wrong, but I don't believe we have done so since, in those days a normal ball was predominantly white, so with the way balls are today perhaps there's is no such thing as a winter ball.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Phil Thompson was slagging Le Tiss of before the game. I think Channon tore him a new one in the Sky studio after the match .

Phil Thompson was slagging Le Tiss of before the game. I think Channon tore him a new one in the Sky studio after the match ��.

I have been trying to think of the Scouse pundit they had this weekend Neil? looks a bit like Gerrard - average player - when talking about Sturridge and Walcott and slagging off Saints saying why would anyone come here - no ambition, direction etc downward spiral

I have been trying to think of the Scouse pundit they had this weekend Neil? looks a bit like Gerrard - average player - when talking about Sturridge and Walcott and slagging off Saints saying why would anyone come here - no ambition, direction etc downward spiral

If you're from Liverpool it's impossible not to have ambition because your life couldn't start from a lower platform.

Says Neil Mellor. Liverpool fan, who's club sign all of our players.

Could have sworn we had an apparently pacy young striker/winger on loan from Liverpool a while ago who was utter rubbish....not Potter. Might be imagining it. Thanks.

Sounds like you are thinking of Adam Hammill, back in c2007... Now applying his trade at Barnsley, I believe.

As a regular reader of this forum, I would say CB Fry is rather aggressive toward other posters. A keyboard warrior type if ever there was one.

Most of his posts are worth reading, I just dislike the aggressive tone in many of them.

Sounds like you are thinking of Adam Hammill, back in c2007... Now applying his trade at Barnsley, I believe.

Got three assists against Blackpool including an outstanding inswinger for BWP to head in.

Literally the only good game he had for us.

SSN: Huddersfield are close to making Monaco defender Terence Kongolo their first signing of the January transfer window, according to Sky sources.

Huddersfield Town

‏Verified account @htafcdotcom

5m5 minutes ago

DONE DEAL: #htafc has complete the signing of Netherlands international defender @KongoloTerence on loan from @AS_Monaco ➡️ http://bit.ly/TerenceLoan (AT)

**** me, what an ignorant post. There's some lovely areas of Liverpool . Certainly every bit as nice as Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, Lord D. Great city. With some fantastic pubs too

Liverpool is a **** hole. Fact

Benji

Have to disagree

Liverpool is a half and half city

Some fantastic buildings in the centre both old and modern (although massive EU and UK grants have helped restore the formers and finance the latter)

Outside the main city area it is not particularly pleasant - fairly run down.

A goodly proportion of the people are great, helpful and funny.

However there is serious gun and drugs related crime at the lower levels and areas you would not want to access even in broad day light.

I like the place but with certain reservations

Are we talking about transferring city centres with Liverpool now hahahha

they can have our high street. When it rains it reminds me of scenes from the original Blade Runner movie. What a desperate place. Back to transfers, is Diafra Sakho any good? I see on the BBC website west Ham are knocking back offers for him.

**** me, what an ignorant post. There's some lovely areas of Liverpool . Certainly every bit as nice as Southampton.

And there in one post is the difference between Southampton people and scousers. You would never catch a scouser rounding on their own for ripping in to us, or any other city. Southampton people seem far to keen to slate their own city. Scousers on the other hand will tell you Liverpool is better than anywhere, whether they believe it or not

Benji

Have to disagree

Liverpool is a half and half city

Some fantastic buildings in the centre both old and modern (although massive EU and UK grants have helped restore the formers and finance the latter)

Outside the main city area it is not particularly pleasant - fairly run down.

A goodly proportion of the people are great, helpful and funny.

However there is serious gun and drugs related crime at the lower levels and areas you would not want to access even in broad day light.

I like the place but with certain reservations

Can confirm Amsterdam beats both city centres