January 18 transfer window

SKD

Would love to get Torres and Walcott, add some excitement and experience in attack.

But we'll just sign a young unknown centre back I imagine.

Everything about Saints recruitment policy suggests we won't waste a lot of wages on players who have seen their best days.

Rightly so IMO, although Walcott is intriguing.

Leave West Ham to take Torres.

I remember being very impressed by him when he came on as a sub for Real Sociedad in a pre-season friendly at St Mary's back in 2013. He looked the classiest player on the pitch. He was relatively unknown and hadn't broken into the French national squad then and we could have signed him for around 12 million but obviously nobody at SFC thought he was worth it.

If we would've bought him in 2013 we would've sold him in 2014.

Would love to get Torres and Walcott, add some excitement and experience in attack.

But we'll just sign a young unknown centre back I imagine.

Both of their games rely (relied) heavily on pace. Torres lost his years ago due to injury, Walcott less clear cut but has been seriously injured, can't get back in Arsenal's team and would be a major gamble. We need players with genuine pace not players who used to have it but definitely or probably don't anymore.

Both of their games rely (relied) heavily on pace. Torres lost his years ago due to injury, Walcott less clear cut but has been seriously injured, can't get back in Arsenal's team and would be a major gamble. We need players with genuine pace not players who used to have it but definitely or probably don't anymore.

Disagree...we need attacking players with guile, experience and a football brain. We've got pace in Boufal and Gabbi. Redmond Long and Austin do not possess enough between them.

Would like Vincent Aboubekar, would be ideal for us

I read his name on here before, and having not previously heard his name googled him. Looks impressive on the youtube clips - but so did Steve De Ridder of course - but also found that he's recently signed a contract extension until 2021 with a €50m buy out clause.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/aboubakar-signs-four-year-porto-deal-eu50m-buy-out-clause

Edited by Badger

Stuart Taylor was clearly signed to be a backup. Every team has one, he isn't a problem and if he is a good character then thats a good thing. He is probably doing coaching badges at the same time.

We have problems but Stuart Taylor is not one of them.

Stuart Taylor was clearly signed to be a backup. Every team has one, he isn't a problem and if he is a good character then thats a good thing. He is probably doing coaching badges at the same time.

What crap so when McCarthy was injured? We had to put in an 18 year old v Arsenal.

If it's not a problem why hasnt he replaced the clown we have?

What are we a training school for people to do badges or a Prem side?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What crap so when McCarthy was injured? We had to put in an 18 year old v Arsenal.

If it's not a problem why hasnt he replaced the clown we have?

What are we a training school for people to do badges or a Prem side?

We chose to play Lewis and it didnt impact the result.

If you are going to moan about a keeper then its surely McCarthy, the no2 keeper doesn't challenge an out of form no1? The one who gets paid a lot more than Taylor and keeps getting injured. The one who was brought in to challenge Forster, not to act as a third choice backup that every team needs but rarely, if ever, uses.

Taylor is no3 and would only play in an injury crisis, just like every other team's third choice keeper.

Is that a major issue?

For "back up" read "last resort".

We chose to play Lewis and it didnt impact the result.

If you are going to moan about a keeper then its surely McCarthy, the no2 keeper doesn't challenge an out of form no1? The one who gets paid a lot more than Taylor and keeps getting injured. The one who was brought in to challenge Forster, not to act as a third choice backup that every team needs but rarely, if ever, uses.

Taylor is no3 and would only play in an injury crisis, just like every other team's third choice keeper.

Is that a major issue?

When your number 1 is so sh1t of course it is did you forget McCarthy was injured nearly all of last season so he wasn't number 3.

It didnt impact the result but it's ok to slaughter the confidence of young Lewis....that's ok then.

We got in a keeper we are scared to play and gave him an extra year FFS and no competition for the under performing clown.

When your number 1 is so sh1t of course it is did you forget McCarthy was injured nearly all of last season so he wasn't number 3.

It didnt impact the result but it's ok to slaughter the confidence of young Lewis....that's ok then.

We got in a keeper we are scared to play and gave him an extra year FFS and no competition for the under performing clown.

Lewis is doing quite well by all accounts atm !

Lewis is doing quite well by all accounts atm !
Oh yes in that footballing hot bed of talent....my point is it's another of the ridiculous decisions made in our goalkeeping dept. We should have recruited the best young keeper in championship not someone who has played dozen games in 5 years

Sell Long (10m maybe) Tadic (similar maybe more 15) and VVD for no less than 70.

Buy Walcott (probably 20ish) Torres on loan ( can't believe it would happen really and use Stephens Hoedt and Yoshida at the back.

Survive with 45 ish points, get rid of Pellegrino whenever and Reed at the same time, definitely before need g to appoint a new manager and then in the summer we will see what the Gap family's immediate intent is.

In the summer get rid of Forster (15) Bertrand (20) Clasie, Austin and start a proper fresh team and management.

Had enough of this ineffective sh**. Pretty footvsll/possession football is great but only if goals come. Would rather player long ball in the short term if we start scoring again!!!! The teams that survive this league are usually the ones at the bottom with the best strikers not the best defenders. Our defence (first choice back 7) is very arguably top 5/6 quality but our front 4 are currently bottom 3 quality!!!!

Revolution required over the next few months as evolution has stalled.

Sell Long (10m maybe) Tadic (similar maybe more 15) and VVD for no less than 70.

Buy Walcott (probably 20ish) Torres on loan ( can't believe it would happen really and use Stephens Hoedt and Yoshida at the back.

Survive with 45 ish points, get rid of Pellegrino whenever and Reed at the same time, definitely before need g to appoint a new manager and then in the summer we will see what the Gap family's immediate intent is.

In the summer get rid of Forster (15) Bertrand (20) Clasie, Austin and start a proper fresh team and management.

Had enough of this ineffective sh**. Pretty footvsll/possession football is great but only if goals come. Would rather player long ball in the short term if we start scoring again!!!! The teams that survive this league are usually the ones at the bottom with the best strikers not the best defenders. Our defence (first choice back 7) is very arguably top 5/6 quality but our front 4 are currently bottom 3 quality!!!!

We'd never get 70 for vvd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would Sell Virgil £40 million +

Bring in the following:

Sturridge or Giroud

Theo Walcott

Then maybe look at another cheap creative player? maybe scout the championship I got slated when I suggested players like Ince, Will Hughes when they were in the lower league.. But somebody like that who we can bring in and develop would be a option.

Bring in the following:

Sturridge or Giroud

Theo Walcott

Then maybe look at another cheap creative player? maybe scout the championship I got slated when I suggested players like Ince, Will Hughes when they were in the lower league.. But somebody like that who we can bring in and develop would be a option.

Sturridge - Extremely high wage demand, dubious injury record, lack of work rate - Avoid, a West Ham signing.

Giroud - Simply wouldn't come to us, but would be great if we could persuade him.

Walcott - Undecided on this one. Will offer us much needed pace, but isn't the player he once was. I'd like to see a front 3 of:

Walcott (LF) New target man type no9 (CF) Gabbi (RF)

For me, I think the we are lacking a creative ACM (Davis replacement). I'd be going for Wilshere, but I know he's not everyone's cup of tea on here, so maybe someone from the continent who is similar. I like Aaron Mooy at Huddersfield, but i'm not sure that they would sell in January.

Bring in the following:

Sturridge or Giroud

Theo Walcott

Do you have any realistic targets? None of those three would be remotely interested in joining us.

Sturridge - Extremely high wage demand, dubious injury record, lack of work rate - Avoid, a West Ham signing.

For me, I think the we are lacking a creative ACM (Davis replacement). I'd be going for Wilshere,

How someone can post about Sturridges dubious injury record and high wages, then call for the signing of Wilshire in the same post is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read the first four words again and question your sanity.

Could we persuade Pelle to return? he is exactly what we need not only could he put the ball in the net had the target man attributes but could also hold up the ball and link up others. Who else is of the same mould?

Bas Dost? he would never come here though...

Could we persuade Pelle to return? he is exactly what we need not only could he put the ball in the net had the target man attributes but could also hold up the ball and link up others. Who else is of the same mould?

Bas Dost? he would never come here though...

Pelle's on north of £200k a week, and his girlfriend's profile in China seems to have gone through the roof. I somehow doubt he's pining for Shirley High Street and Yates.