January 18 transfer window

SKD

You know this deal will get done in time for us.

WEST BROM READY DEENEY BID

West Brom are ready to pay £18m to bring Watford captain Troy Deeney to the Hawthorns.

The struggling Baggies have been goal-shy this term and sit 19th in the Premier League table, and Alan Pardew's attacking options were further compromised when Hal Robson Kanu limped out of Saturday's 3-2 win against Liverpool with a hamstring injury.

Watford had been holding out for £25m for their captain but are thought to be ready to offload him for a cut price in order to relieve themselves of his £70,000/week contract.

Ali Gabr is undergoing a medical at Albion today ahead of his loan move from Zamalek, with the Egypt international set to become the club's first January signing.

Key one is adding some attacking pace. If we don't do that then its a ****ing awful window - selling our best player and just replacing Austin.

Carrillo looks a decent signing but is a slow player, which is fine as he is a targetman. However if paired with say JWP and Tadic then its too slow a front three to be effective unless we have 75% possession every game.

Next few days are huge for Reed. We have told everyone who our target is, so go and get him.

Key one is adding some attacking pace. If we don't do that then its a ****ing awful window - selling our best player and just replacing Austin.

Carrillo looks a decent signing but is a slow player, which is fine as he is a targetman. However if paired with say JWP and Tadic then its too slow a front three to be effective unless we have 75% possession every game.

Next few days are huge for Reed. We have told everyone who our target is, so go and get him.

Are you happy with centre-back options, Charlie?

Are you happy with centre-back options, Charlie?
Resigned to the fact they don't see another CB as required. We are very susceptible to conceding from crosses but defending otherwise is decent enough.

How do you see it all, Warren?

SSN reporting Pelle to West Ham...

Seems a typical West Ham signing. They'll over pay in fees and wages for someone who will have no resale value. Whether he does well or not is another question. I like him, always did when he was with us. Can't think that a year or two in China will have done anything for his game though. It will be interesting to see whether the £260k a week in China, or the £100k+ at WHU wins the day. His contract runs out at the end of December 2018 and I would be surprised if the Chinese take the option of extending for another year. If he can get a 3 year contract at WHU on decent money, I guess he will, like Fonte, gladly take the money and put towards the retirement fund.

23 goals and 13 assists in 2 Premier League seasons before this one. Yeah Deeney is well ****. Would've taken him here above Carillo. He's a bully. Strong, quick, good in the air, and takes pens. And would probably stick around if we went down, and get the goals to get us back up. Happy with Carillo for now, but I can't understand the idea that Deeney wouldn't have been a good signing.

23 goals and 13 assists in 2 Premier League seasons before this one. Yeah Deeney is well ****. Would've taken him here above Carillo. He's a bully. Strong, quick, good in the air, and takes pens. And would probably stick around if we went down, and get the goals to get us back up. Happy with Carillo for now, but I can't understand the idea that Deeney wouldn't have been a good signing.

Which begs the question why are a struggling Watford trying to off load their talisman player?

Weird isn't it.

Weird isn't it.

Signing someone who, so Saintsweb mythology would have it, couldn't get in Norwich's side in their relegation season (35 appearances, 11 as sub for a 21/22 yo ain't bad), to someone who can't get in Watfords side in their relegation season :)

Always pace. Every club, every forum. JWP and Tadic wide create a decent amount. Boufal central has some pace, have it at full back.

Pace outside the top 6 nearly always comes in limited footballers. Zaha is the best outside the big clubs for pace, yet his decision making final third still isn't brilliant. Redmond has pace, but he's pretty poor overall. Long has pace, and he's gash. I'd far rather have decent footballers. If you have a decent, balanced, organised side, you don't need endless pace.

Redmond doesn't have pace. He's got a yard of acceleration at best to create space, but no flat out pace at all really. Top speed is on a par with JWP if I remember that leaked spreadsheet correctly.

The whole situation is completely mental. Sacking Silva, having this new guy ready to rock and roll. Selling their best players to a rival...... and yet people think we have it bad

If you think things are bad amongst our fan base, you should of heard what the Watford fans were saying about their team on Saturday. They aren't happy bunnys and were basically sounding like a lot of our fan base at the moment in saying that they are already down. They said that since they picked up injuries to key players they have been rubbish with no fight and no idea, players picking up their pay whilst trying to engineer moves away. They're also not that happy about their new manager but also said Silva wasn't good either.

So there is still hope for us yet, there have been signs of improvement in the team's play and even on Saturday the players showed enough to get the crowd behind them. We only need a couple of results and the pressure shifts over to the likes of them.

Redmond doesn't have pace. He's got a yard of acceleration at best to create space, but no flat out pace at all really. Top speed is on a par with JWP if I remember that leaked spreadsheet correctly.

Anyway, it's no good having pace if you have no football brain, which is the case with Redmond. Awful player, and I couldn't understand how he kept on getting picked. Same for Fraser. It has taken MP an awful long time to realise how cack they are.

Anyway, it's no good having pace if you have no football brain, which is the case with Redmond. Awful player, and I couldn't understand how he kept on getting picked. Same for Fraser. It has taken MP an awful long time to realise how cack they are.

I wonder if the reason Redmond was continually picked is that the manager relied on him to carry out his instructions. In other words, keep possession at all costs, play cautiously, don't take risks.

The fact that we've looked better recently without him in the side has probably forced Pellegrino into a rethink, either about the personnel but also (hopefully!) about the tactics.

But he doesn’t use his pace either. He dances and dallies too much rather than being direct.

I wonder if the reason Redmond was continually picked is that the manager relied on him to carry out his instructions. In other words, keep possession at all costs, play cautiously, don't take risks.

The fact that we've looked better recently without him in the side has probably forced Pellegrino into a rethink, either about the personnel but also (hopefully!) about the tactics.

to be honest I've not seen him keep possession much either...

The Times gives us a 9/10 chance of getting Promes and says we want a centre back.

It wouldn't surprise me re the centre back. Just because it isnt all over the media is doesnt mean to say we aren't trying to find one. I am just surprised that Gardos hasn't been moved on already as he seems surplus to requirements. Yoshi and Stephens are ok as back up but neither is good enough to start regularly.

It wouldn't surprise me re the centre back. Just because it isnt all over the media is doesnt mean to say we aren't trying to find one. I am just surprised that Gardos hasn't been moved on already as he seems surplus to requirements. Yoshi and Stephens are ok as back up but neither is good enough to start regularly.

Maidstone United got any hidden gems pal? No Chris Smallings in the pipeline?

Are you sure about this? I strategy this window appears to be to scream our interest to the press as loud as we can... Sturridge, Theo, Carillo, Promes! All of them have been leaked via the clubs media mouthpiece.

@TeleFootball: Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge could join Newcastle on loan until end of season, @_ChrisBascombe reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/29/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-could-join-newcastle-loan-end-season/

You really have to wonder how we let this go... Blatant upgrade on all of our strikers, and that's me saying that despite hating Sturridge!!

You really have to wonder how we let this go... Blatant upgrade on all of our strikers, and that's me saying that despite hating Sturridge!!

He is a sick note his injury record puts Austin's injury record in a good light. If he could stay fit it would be different (though Liverpool wouldn't be looking to off load him then)

Edited by doddisalegend

[h=2]Daniel Sturridge set to join West Brom on loan from Liverpool[/h] Yes, that’s right. The 28-year-old is heading to The Hawthorns after WBA agreed a £1.5m loan fee with Liverpool.

Sevilla, Internazionale and, as of earlier, Newcastle United had been in the running for Sturridge but the Birmingham-born player is returning to the Midlands for a few months at least having fallen out of favour with Jürgen Klopp.

[h=2]Daniel Sturridge set to join West Brom on loan from Liverpool[/h] Yes, that’s right. The 28-year-old is heading to The Hawthorns after WBA agreed a £1.5m loan fee with Liverpool.

Sevilla, Internazionale and, as of earlier, Newcastle United had been in the running for Sturridge but the Birmingham-born player is returning to the Midlands for a few months at least having fallen out of favour with Jürgen Klopp.

Very good signing for them - If he can stay fit, he'll score the goals to keep them up.

Problem with moving on Gardos and his ilk is that no-one wants to pay them anywhere near what we do.