January 18 transfer window

SKD

FFS, Bin dippers already tapping him up to buy in 2 years...... He has been linked with a move to Liverpool and their manager Jurgen Klopp compared him to Sadio Mane when his side played Spartak in the Champions League this season, saying "he can shoot very quickly and is a proper striker".

Oh Lord, that kind of review has me salivating now .... have we finally found our Mane replacement? Pleeaaaasssseee get this signing done quickly.

I saw that on SSN news last night we are in for Slimani, surely he is at least a bit experienced in the PL and may add the bite to our forward line. Afterall we need someone who can add 8-10 goals between now nd the end of the season

Again, yes please. Either Slimani or Ulloa would do me. Just hope our relationship (as in a bad one) with Puel won't hamper this enquiry.

If we signed Promes and took Slimani on loan I'd be pretty happy with that. We'd still have MP in charge though, which is the real issue for me.

For that reason, I expect us to sign neither of them and keep MP

OR ..... Koeman has agreed to return and is directing us who to get in before he rides into town. Fanciful, I know.

So so why the delay ? Why not earlier, and why not now?

Exactly. It s very frustrating that we do didn’t have him in for the Watford game. 2 precious points needlessly squandered. If he has been in the frame since the Huddersfield game then I can’t understand the delay. We are running out of games to pick up the points we need to stay up.

Exactly. It s very frustrating that we do didn’t have him in for the Watford game. 2 precious points needlessly squandered. If he has been in the frame since the Huddersfield game then I can’t understand the delay. We are running out of games to pick up the points we need to stay up.

The reason we didn't win the Watford game was not due to not having Carrillo, it was due to poor management and a massive lack of confidence throughout the team. We were 2-0 up, we should not have drawn that game.

Im actually rather positive about this happening since Saints usually do all stuff behind closed doors and leaks to media like SKY once it´s done and dusted to create a buzz. Or is that just me being very very positive here.....

It's not a leak from Saints, they wouldn't leak to Sky.

It sounds like rubbish to me unfortunately.

We'll probably get a soul destroying Telegraph article rubbishing the whole thing within hours.

Which in a funny way is better than a Telegraph article saying we are confident of signing him.

Get the disappointment out of the way early doors.

We'll probably get a soul destroying Telegraph article rubbishing the whole thing within hours.

Which in a funny way is better than a Telegraph article saying we are confident of signing him.

Get the disappointment out of the way early doors.

Oh I misread your post, you were not in the know after all. Everyone is just full of bull on here lol

The manager's going to look like a fool (yes even more so!) if we turn up at the weekend having not signed anyone... Dont announce you're expecting signings this week if it isnt basically done!

It's a bit of a joke it's taken this long, but if we're getting someone as good as Promes it'll be worth it.

The manager's going to look like a fool (yes even more so!) if we turn up at the weekend having not signed anyone... Dont announce you're expecting signings this week if it isnt basically done!

It's a bit of a joke it's taken this long, but if we're getting someone as good as Promes it'll be worth it.

We won't....

And I don't think anyone has said they would base their actions or announcements entirely on what is written on here, or course they don't. I do however think they are very interested in how the club is perceived online. Supposed ITK posters have alluded to it but it also just makes sense to attempt to bolster or safeguard your reputation both through social media but also in here. It wouldn't surprise me if the pr company have some sort of fan profile for people who use messageboards and a specific strategy to target them. It's how these things work.

I agree that we won't be seeing any planned protests any time soon unless we end up rooted to the bottom at some point or things get even worse - we had a pretty well attended anti Lowe protest organised by some spotty kid online a few years ago. I think most fans are aware that an organised protest won't actually achieve much at this point but if we get relegated before the last game I am sure we will see something organised to express anger.

I don't know about the current regime, but the previous one (Cortese) and all of the ones prior to that used to monitor this forum in particular on a daily basis. That I know to be true, having interviewed a former board member for a book that sadly will likely never happen now. Posts on this forum were discussed at board level at the club.

I don't know about the current regime, but the previous one (Cortese) and all of the ones prior to that used to monitor this forum in particular on a daily basis. That I know to be true, having interviewed a former board member for a book that sadly will likely never happen now. Posts on this forum were discussed at board level at the club.

No wonder Les seems to dither on transfers and managerial appointments, most of the day is spent guffawing at some of the stuff written on here.

Having spent the past 2-3 years moaning about Les, the board, and our complete change in ambition. If that is true, i'm probably on some kind of blacklist at this point :lol:

It's good if they do monitor fan boards though. I'd rather the club's management monitor fan's opinions that remain completely oblivious to them.

I thought it was telling the summer we sold Chambers and everything really started to kick off, they put a hold on more deals at that point.

I saw that on SSN news last night we are in for Slimani, surely he is at least a bit experienced in the PL and may add the bite to our forward line. Afterall we need someone who can add 8-10 goals between now nd the end of the season

It's made the Transfer-ticker, at least:

PL INTEREST IN SLIMANI

Watford, Newcastle, Southampton and Besiktas want to sign Leicester striker Islam Slimani.

A source close to the player says Slimani has nothing against anyone at Leicester, but he just needs to leave to get more game time.

Leicester signed the striker from Sporting for £28m 18 months ago.

Carrillo must be decent if we think he's better than him.

I’m ever the optimist and hopeful that Theo was a red herring to distract the league from our actual transfer movements in Quincy Promes as he’s sounding like the exact type of player we have been crying out for since losing our pace and power and goals from midfield (Mané) and replacing it with……ambling Redmond and pinpoint accurate Hojbjerg *grunt*. Then further losing our target men and goals (Lambert and Pelle) and replacing with them with decent forwards (Austin and Gabbiadini) but no target men. Not helped by playing isolated strikers that aren't strikers (Long) although Gabbiadini is class but gets left in no-mans-land then is stupidly dropped for not scoring. WOW! Bizarre logic. No shock our goals dried up when you consider that and this was a problem evident way before this season so we have the club and Les to blame for that horrendous oversight. Complacent is the term. Our board largely remain silent. Poor and lacking respect imho.

I saw we had been looking at Quincy Promes which is exactly what we need so I won’t hold too much hope for the simple fact that agents are steering players away from Saints due to our current state and the rot coming from within. We are perceived as a mess that players be best to avoid and I'm inclined to agree when you consider how the club has been mismanaged and the direction we are headed. The stats don't lie, it's mainly the board and politicians. However, I heard we have looked at Andy Carroll according to a journalist friend and Moussa Dembélé. I’m hoping the Carillo rumour is just that, a rumour or another smoke screen. Not what we need but more like our current ambitions. Picking up the dross.

Conversely to that info., I had heard that Pellegrino was to be sacked but not until the end of the window which will allow to the club to not release transfer funds due to not having enough time despite having sat on their hands throughout the whole of January which does tie in with the lack of activity but I’m also well aware some rumours can be invented to tie in with such a status.

If we do sign, it’ll likely be some obscure European name for 15-20 million as is our price range. Not ideal in a self imposed relegation scrap. We will hopefully not waste our precious money on loan fees for loans we never use or odd transfers that are not to standard. We have squandered so much of the big fees received on poor quality players that have barely, if at all, played. Mayuka, Osvaldo, Gaston, Forren, Elia, Djuricic, Caulker, Caceres, Clasie (ok, he played but didn’t really succeed), Redmond, Hojbjerg, Gardos, etc. Add those fees up against game time, doesn't look good. I appreciate you can't win them all and every club has failures. 2015/16 was a better period for signings.

I’m hoping we sign Quincy Promes and another attacking threat since that alone (combined with some wiser management) would transform our current train wreck of a season. The tools are there (and that’s not reference to Tadic! LOL). They just need to be utilised and managed and inspired with strong leadership and continuity. Not an ever changing starting line up from a confused man with little belief, confidence or coherent strategy whom is clearly out of his depth. The tricky part, due to the club's sheer incompetence, will be attracting players and managers in.

Excuse my scepticism but I will only believe we are in for, and have any chance of getting, Promes when the ink is dry on the contract and he is running out on the pitch in a Saints shirt.

Would love it to happen but, right now, seems like more smoke to me....... (or, at least, someone has been smoking something...)

If this poor soul has used this forum as evidence for this statement then I am truly sorry.

If they haven't, then this signing is on FACT.

:lol:

Has anyone got David Comlay's email address? I need to rest some money from overseas in an account for a short time and am willing to bestow great honour and financial reward on someone for provision of most kind assistance.

If this poor soul has used this forum as evidence for this statement then I am truly sorry.

If they haven't, then this signing is on FACT.

well you cant ever in future tell fans on here that they are trolls or making up the facts. You put it up and fans took it as read. I hold my hands up and believed you, as I thought you didn't have a past record of lying, but as foolish as I was to take you to your word.

well you cant ever in future tell fans on here that they are trolls or making up the facts. You put it up and fans took it as read. I hold my hands up and believed you, as I thought you didn't have a past record of lying, but as foolish as I was to take you to your word.
Ffs nick well that says more about your absolute gullibility than anything else.

Ffs nick well that says more about your absolute gullibility than anything else.
perhaps, though trusting more like. I looked at the poster and how he tries to portray of being above everyone, I didn't then think he would spout lies. It doesn't have a past history of posting lies and so on this occasion I believed him. I suspect with the other posters on here it added up, and its hope that kills you. I believed we weren't going to buy anyone this window of note,but in my heart had hoped my negative views were wrong.

Pellegrino not denying the club's interest in Promes in today's pre-match press conference. Agreed with the journo that its the type of player we need but "don't like to talk about him becuase he's not our player"

He could have simply said "no truth in that story" but chose not to.... make of that what you will....

Edited by trousers

perhaps, though trusting more like. I looked at the poster and how he tries to portray of being above everyone, I didn't then think he would spout lies. It doesn't have a past history of posting lies and so on this occasion I believed him. I suspect with the other posters on here it added up, and its hope that kills you. I believed we weren't going to buy anyone this window of note,but in my heart had hoped my negative views were wrong.
It wasn't a lie it was entirely obvious that he was taking the p*ss. No one says FACT in such a manner without it being obvious that he's a chancer or taking the mick.

It wasn't a lie it was entirely obvious that he was taking the p*ss. No one says FACT in such a manner without it being obvious that he's a chancer or taking the mick.

It was a lie, it may be obvious to you, but you strike me as you are twins anyway.

Thanks for confirming that. Makes those who ridiculed the idea look rather foolish.

OK mate. If it makes you feel better about being duped then it was a dirty lie. He was clearly being serious FACT
Duped, gullible, whatever you may call it, does not excuse the FACT that he came on and lied and trolled genuine fans who want some good news. Perhaps you can make a list of words that are codes for us in future to give us the heads up?

I still think you and him are twins, very much in each others pockets, probably the same ip address as well.