January 18 transfer window

SKD

Scored on his second debut (I think) in the infamous 'orange ball' game against Liverpool. God it was cold that night but don't think anybody at The Dell that night felt anything but warmth. Great game.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Cracking night, was Valentine's Day IIRC - although I was too young to realise what that meant lol. One of MLT's most-underrated goals for the opening one, Maskell and then two MLT penalties, at least one of which was a Mark Wright handball. Wasn't it Magilton's debut as well? With the return of Ball and Lawrie, quite a night.

If you're chatting to him i assume you speak fluent mandarin or cantonese? Since he doesn't speak any english currently (although is taking lessons). Of course you could've been speaking to his wife who speaks better english (albeit it not fluent)

or daughter ??

It is true that Walcott does not fit the profile (young with a re-sale value) but he does fit the profile of what we need (proven premier league goalscorer). I would favourn his arrival because I think he is the sort of player who would give us something to get excited about and therefore raise the morale on the terraces and in the club. And that is worth a lot of money

I would absolutely love him back but with other clubs interested I just can't see we would compete with them? That doesn't seem to be our way.

Ironically, I could see Ballotelli being more realistic, as he is similar to the Austin situation, in that he is nearing the end of his contract, we could negotiate a pre contract now (couldn't we?) for a summer transfer so if there isn't much interest from other clubs we could (if we wanted) be in a strong position.

or daughter ??

Possibly but both Gao and his wife were in Southampton the other week and met with people loosely connected to the club, and it's true his wife does speak ok english, plus it's true Gao is taking lessons.

I've kept my identity concealed for a long time but I have to speak up now after some of the posts on this thread. A few things to set the record straight:

1 - Jon Gittens was, and some might say still is, an excellent player for Saints and all his clubs.

2 - Jon Gittens does not not show up.

3 - Jon Gittens focuses when coaching. There is no need to smile.

4 - Jon Gittens has a bright future ahead of him

KR, JG.

I've kept my identity concealed for a long time but I have to speak up now after some of the posts on this thread. A few things to set the record straight:

1 - Jon Gittens was, and some might say still is, an excellent player for Saints and all his clubs.

KR, JG.

Thanks for the PM. I won't tell anyone that you are Craig Maskell.

Cracking night, was Valentine's Day IIRC - although I was too young to realise what that meant lol. One of MLT's most-underrated goals for the opening one, Maskell and then two MLT penalties, at least one of which was a Mark Wright handball. Wasn't it Magilton's debut as well? With the return of Ball and Lawrie, quite a night.
Yep, that was the game. It was also the first game that I took my two sons to. Great memories.

Thanks for confirming why a few people I know don't post on here, FACT the player and his wife were back down here last week viewing houses and speaking about schools for his 2 kids.

When he is officially a Saints player don't worry I won't be back with I told you so post

Info I have on Mr Goa and our Manger I'll keep to myself to save you the trouble of posting another witty reply

Balotelli has 2 kids!

That being said I reckon if he was in or around the stadium someone may of just noticed him, he is not really inconspicuous

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KR, JG.

Jon, do you remember picking a fight with my mate in The Pier and getting knocked spark out with one punch?

KR, JG.

I have an old programme somewhere at home from the 1985/6 season (I think) where Jon had just joined Saints reserves from non-league (Bromsgrove?) and was working as a tailor. Nice little article at the time.

Scored on his second debut (I think) in the infamous 'orange ball' game against Liverpool. God it was cold that night but don't think anybody at The Dell that night felt anything but warmth. Great game.

I remember the game well, was on Sky and Liverpool wore their amber kit if I recall. But why was it "infamous"?

As a regular reader of this forum, I would say CB Fry is rather aggressive toward other posters. A keyboard warrior type if ever there was one.

As a regular contributor to this forum, I would say CB Fry is one of the more sane people on it. But we all see things differently.

I can understand why we wouldn't take young players on loan from the bigger clubs, because it blocks the 'pathway' for our own youngsters, is a bit of a gamble in regard to their current ability to play in the PL, and if they do perform well there's no future benefit for us.

But I'm surprised Walcott isn't a loan option. Can't see that his value would rocket no matter how he played given his age, and forking out god knows how much in fees and wages for a player whose ability, form and long term value is questionable doesn't seem like it fits with the clubs general strategy. Can only assume no loan option is coming from Arsenal (or they want a loan fee).

As a regular contributor to this forum, I would say CB Fry is one of the more sane people on it. But we all see things differently.

Same, his sarcastic posts often make me chuckle. A lot of posters can be a bit aggressive or dismissive, but there are plenty of comments on here that merit such a reaction!

I was hoping we'd have someone in by now :lol: Which is impatient, admittedly. We've known we were getting the VVD money since the ~21st of December, right? You'd think there must be a few transfers which are *very* close (thus gaining traction in the media), but it seems a tad quiet....but that's generally how we sign players, so I guess it isn't too much of a surprise. Fingers crossed we don't just drift for weeks on end (past vitally important games) haggling over minor details.

Jon, do you remember picking a fight with my mate in The Pier and getting knocked spark out with one punch?

Jon Gittens has a great jaw and does not get sparked out. Your friend / you are probably suffering from delusions brought about by the absolute pasting Jon Gittens delivered.

KR, JG

I was hoping we'd have someone in by now :lol: Which is impatient, admittedly. We've known we were getting the VVD money since the ~21st of December, right? You'd think there must be a few transfers which are *very* close (thus gaining traction in the media), but it seems a tad quiet....but that's generally how we sign players, so I guess it isn't too much of a surprise. Fingers crossed we don't just drift for weeks on end (past vitally important games) haggling over minor details.

Like how many Millions of £'s were going to pay someone?

As a regular reader of this forum, I would say CB Fry is rather aggressive toward other posters. A keyboard warrior type if ever there was one.

Yes, true, don't know why though. He has some good points to make but often loses his argument by going a little over the top.

Still, he does bring colour to the forum and we don't want a bland site.

Personally, I like a good 'difference of opinion'. Should avoid getting abusive though.

From past experience 'sense of urgency' does not apply to Saints board and Les.

Not even half way through the second day of the transfer window and it has started already. Must be a record?

Yes, true, don't know why though. He has some good points to make but often loses his argument by going a little over the top.

Personally, I like a good 'difference of opinion'. Should avoid getting abusive though.

Hand to heart, never once considered CB a loser in any of the many arguments he brings out of people.

Anyone seen anything of Bradley Dack? Attacking midfielder scoring for fun at Blackburn that from all accounts is the best player in the division. Not many can make a two division jump, but worked out well for Spurs with Ali.

Anyone seen anything of Bradley Dack? Attacking midfielder scoring for fun at Blackburn that from all accounts is the best player in the division. Not many can make a two division jump, but worked out well for Spurs with Ali.

I believe we were linked with him when he was at Gillingham.

I believe we were linked with him when he was at Gillingham.

Interesting. It must be incredibly hard to convince a transfer committee to invest in a League 1 player, but as we saw with our own squad there are players that can make the jump. Ezri Konsa from Charlton is another player we should be looking at.

I agree about not wanting a bland site. Sadly though there are some abusive posters on here who go too far and are left alone by the mods. Some might find their posts amusing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dont spoil it for the majority. I know plenty of people who no longer post on here because of the poor moderation and general abuse and I stopped paying my fiver for the same reason. It should be possible to have a disagreement without resorting to name calling or bullying.

You do understand that other teams, agents and the player himself have a say in it don’t you. You don’t buy players off the shelf in Tesco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I generally don't think a few on here/social media do...