January 18 transfer window

SKD

I agree about Rodgers and Dembele, but not selling McQueen and Redmond. A good manager would get the best out of them.

Pep obviously can see the potential that Redmond has, and is also frustrated seeing his progress stopped.

Dembele should certainly be on the shortlist. It would be interesting to see how many strikers show up around the £22m-25m bracket on the black-box.

Pay whatever it takes to get Giroud, he’ll offer us something different and give us a true focal point of our attack.

If we’re going to continue to play 1 up top, we need a target man who can hold the ball up.... think an upgrade on Austin.

Don’t get the fuss around Walcott, although he’d be better on the right than Redmond is.

Think we need a right sided CB to replace VvD.

And a Keeper but can’t see that happening just yet.

Pay whatever it takes to get Giroud, he’ll offer us something different and give us a true focal point of our attack.

If we’re going to continue to play 1 up top, we need a target man who can hold the ball up.... think an upgrade on Austin.

Don’t get the fuss around Walcott, although he’d be better on the right than Redmond is.

Think we need a right sided CB to replace VvD.

And a Keeper but can’t see that happening just yet.

That seems like a plan to me.

I’d rather have Giroud than Walcott and Forster would be a lot better playing in a settled and organised defence.

Giroud would be perfect imo, I know it seems out of reach but he would be that lone striker in the same mould as Pelle. Dembele or Sinclair from Celtic would be decent as well

Giroud, Aboubakar, Dost are the type of centre forwards (not specifically the names, but the attributes) we need to be targetting. Then let Boufal, Gabbiadini et all free in and around them. We'll probably see a lot more from Gabbiadini if he had someone to play off of.

http://cgul.co/2Droydx

Some fairly obvious but interesting comments from Brighton's CEO on how the window works.

Interesting that they have only 4 people inside the club aware of specifics on negotiations at any time. Probably similar at Saints, hence its hard for anyone here to really be ITK.

I've always said i hear almost zero about signings, players leaving or managers going on the other hand you tend to get a lot more leaks about, mainly because the players at the club tend to talk fairly openly so it filters down as rumours.

The times you tend to hear about players coming in is when it's leaked from the other team, which does happen occasionally. Some of my sources are fairly high up in the club, but they're normally the most tight lipped.

I've always said i hear almost zero about signings, players leaving or managers going on the other hand you tend to get a lot more leaks about, mainly because the players at the club tend to talk fairly openly so it filters down as rumours.

The times you tend to hear about players coming in is when it's leaked from the other team, which does happen occasionally. Some of my sources are fairly high up in the club, but they're normally the most tight lipped.

Any news ericb?

Walcott has always stated his favourite position is as an out and out centre forward, and has previously expressed his frustration at having to play deeper/wider positions for Arsenal. So, one would assume if he comes here it'll be as our first choice centre forward IMO.

Walcott has always stated his favourite position is as an out and out centre forward, and has previously expressed his frustration at having to play deeper/wider positions for Arsenal. So, one would assume if he comes here it'll be as our first choice centre forward IMO.

Just do an Arsene, get him to sign, and renege later :nod:

Just like all everton's signings were the dream. Or West Ham's.

I really can't wait for the day when people put decent management and coaching over shiny new signings. really no idea what it'd take for that to happen though.

Agreed. A manager would be like 11 new signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who think that transfer targets are exclusively the domain of Les Reed / Ross Wilson / the Black Box, in his press conference today Pellegrino stated that he has his targets and has handed his wish list for the January transfer window to the board...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/946387394332413952

God help us if that clown has any say on transfers. He shouldn't even still be manager - what a disaster this season is.

God help us if that clown has any say on transfers. He shouldn't even still be manager - what a disaster this season is.

I hope a goalkeeper is on that list.

One thing that seems certain to me is that Pellegrino isn’t going anywhere. I hope for our sake that he has the ability to turn things around, and quickly.

Walcott is an upgrade on Redmond.

He’d also give the fan base a much needed lift, and that’s why I think the board will go for it.

I’d be an upgrade on Redmond as I’m sure you would be also !! It’s not hard to upgrade the muppet .

I’d be an upgrade on Redmond as I’m sure you would be also !! It’s not hard to upgrade the muppet .

I play walking football with a 70 year old he is an upgrade on no end product moaning Redmond. The 87year old struggles with cold so have to wait until March for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I play walking football with a 70 year old he is an upgrade on no end product moaning Redmond. The 87year old struggles with cold so have to wait until March for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How good is he at moaning at his team-mates? Redmond level, or Tadic?