January 18 transfer window

SKD

I think you mean "re-open". Getting in famous footballers at the sunset of their careers worked for Lawrie McMenemy and kept us safely around the bottom of the league (but just out of the relegation places) for years.

Hoesesh*t. Gave us a good few years of challenging at the top and European football.

Bit more from the Echo:

Walcott a clear target and MP wants someone to replace Austin, which looks like the most clear priority:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15808325.Saints_target_Walcott_deal/

Seems odd to have targets like Tosun who was clearly going to Everton and Benteke who we clearly can't afford the wages of (he is on over 100k a week).

Really thought at least up front that we would have something lined up.

Also, IMO to not replace VVD is ludicrous as our CBs are bang average.

Bit more from the Echo:

Walcott a clear target and MP wants someone to replace Austin, which looks like the most clear priority:

Seems odd to have targets like Tosun who was clearly going to Everton and Benteke who we clearly can't afford the wages of (he is on over 100k a week).

Because the club are in full PR b/s mode tell everyone we are after targets that would lift fans but have no chance with?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bit more from the Echo:

We have one decent CB, one average one and one below average one. Pretty poor.

Bit more from the Echo:

Often seems to be the way of it with our signings though - media link us with supposed bigger names that we're never going to sign, and then we sign someone a bit more out of the blue. Maybe we've even leaked those names to hurry up deals we are working on.

Trying to be positive in dark times.

Also, haven't seen this posted anywhere as yet - could just be journos putting two and two together as he's worked with MP before:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5274134/southampton-guido-carrillo-bid-monaco/

The 'low' fee is largely due to him only having six months left on his contract. Plenty of midfielders at CFC. Drinkwater has hardly had a look in since his (30M+?) move.

I think he cost about 35-36m. He's this years 'Steve Sidwell' or 'Scott Parker' signing for them. He'll be out of there in another year or so I'd have thought.

To be clear, I'm not including Gardos or Bednarek in that as they are clearly viewed as sub-standard by management.

Is it just me, or did Gardos actually look quite good in the games he played in 14/15? I remember a few against Chelsea, Arsenal and United at least. Being out for two years probably hasn't helped him though.

Is it just me, or did Gardos actually look quite good in the games he played in 14/15? I remember a few against Chelsea, Arsenal and United at least. Being out for two years probably hasn't helped him though.

He did look good to begin with. Played in wins at Old Trafford and the Emirates.

When we had our dire run under Korean he got hooked off early a couple of times and he had a poor game against Sheff United in our cup defeat, getting sent off towards the end.

Then he got injured and has barely been seen since. I'm guessing he's still not fully fit given the way he hasn't had a look in at all.

one deal has been agreed awhile now,player and his family were at Huddersfield game both sides are happy it's sorted.I'm not giving out his name it'll be announced this week.

Oh and we can expect a couple more,our new owner was absolutely furious after the 4-1 Leicester debacle,

Hi. Any update on when this week this will be announced? Cheers

one deal has been agreed awhile now,player and his family were at Huddersfield game both sides are happy it's sorted.I'm not giving out his name it'll be announced this week.

Oh and we can expect a couple more,our new owner was absolutely furious after the 4-1 Leicester debacle,

Is this still happening or has there been obstacles?

'choccyboxkid' hasn't logged on since 1st Jan so not sure if we'll get an answer today. Not sure why there would be any 'obstacles' though given the definitive statement that it was done and dusted...

'choccyboxkid' hasn't logged on since 1st Jan so not sure if we'll get an answer today. Not sure why there would be any 'obstacles' though given the definitive statement that it was done and dusted...

My view is this kid was just that a kid who took a gamble that we would sign a player this week. Another bull****ter who pretended to be "ITK"

"all agreed" he or she said "will be announced this week". like you said why haven't we signed him yet if it was all agreed?

Troy Deeney, available for about £20 million would be a brilliant signing. Would give the physical presence, leadership and steak of nastiness that we lack.

He would be an awful signing at that price. Slow, overweight, no re-sale value and barely more prolific than Shane Long.

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham are interested in Alfie Mawson from Swansea, who we've been linked with. Swansea apparently confirmed they've had no offers for Mawson, so would possibly indicate that we're not interested if that's true as you would presume we would have made enquiries and put in an offer by now if we were that interested. But this is Saints after all...

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham are interested in Alfie Mawson from Swansea, who we've been linked with. Swansea apparently confirmed they've had no offers for Mawson, so would possibly indicate that we're not interested if that's true as you would presume we would have made enquiries and put in an offer by now if we were that interested. But this is Saints after all...

Swansea want £25M which is a ridiculous figure

Everton have apparently completed the signing of Tosun during their cup match tonight. Maybe Les could complete a deal or two while we're at Fulham??

Yes probably. Burger and fries to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve got to think there are better options on the continent, for less money.

Taking the cheaper "fingers crossed" option has moved us from 6th to relegation flirting in 18 months.

Its time we stopped trying to be smart and buy some proven premier league talent.

Same time we could further weaken one of our relegation rivals

Taking the cheaper "fingers crossed" option has moved us from 6th to relegation flirting in 18 months.

Its time we stopped trying to be smart and buy some proven premier league talent.

Same time we could further weaken one of our relegation rivals

We’ve had 3 weeks to get some good players in as we knew VVD was leaving.

Keep hearing about players linked with us that can’t get a game anymore because they are ****e.

Lack of ambition plus we acted like a small club.

We’ve had 3 weeks to get some good players in as we knew VVD was leaving.

Keep hearing about players linked with us that can’t get a game anymore because they are ****e.

Lack of ambition plus we acted like a small club.

Its been like this since Cortese left.

Big difference is the league form has now caught up and momentum from Cortese period finally died 18 months ago.

Nothing will change while the muppets are pulling the strings

dr.-bunsen-honeydew-beaker-the-muppet-show.jpg