January 18 transfer window

SKD

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/890223/Arsenal-transfer-news-Olivier-Giroud-Southampton-Everton-exclusive

Well it is the Daily Express. Can't believe we could afford his wages and not the usual type of player we sign...no re-sale value.

I have a hard time believing this one...still, it would irritate Everton supporters if we signed Giroud.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/890223/Arsenal-transfer-news-Olivier-Giroud-Southampton-Everton-exclusive

Well it is the Daily Express. Can't believe we could afford his wages and not the usual type of player we sign...no re-sale value.

We are under new ownership. Hopefully the Kat sell sell sell days are behind us now.

Refreshing to stand up and say no for the first time with Virgil. January remains an interesting time which will give us a significant insight in to new owner's intentions.

We are under new ownership. Hopefully the Kat sell sell sell days are behind us now.

Refreshing to stand up and say no for the first time with Virgil. January remains an interesting time which will give us a significant insight in to new owner's intentions.

Some people have got a reality check coming.

If it's true we're looking at Giroud it at least it means the club finally realizes the need for another out and out striker.

If the Giroud link is true, it would mean more than us opening our eyes -- It would mean Gao seriously means business.

In reality, it's likely to be bullsh*t though. We won't get near his wages.

Would suggest a significant change in transfer policy.

Also, Daily Express so almost certainly utter bo ll ocks.

Would suggest a significant change in transfer policy.

Also, Daily Express so almost certainly utter bo ll ocks.

I've just had a look back through the journo's (Colin Mafham's) previous articles, going back several months, and he doesn't seem to have a track record of 'wild speculation' articles. He's certainly not in the same league as Mr Crook in that department, for example. So maybe, just maybe, there's something in this....

Pilchards are you being serious? goals? look at the amount he scores from coming off the bench,..... I'd have Giroud here anyday of the week make it happen!

In fairness you'd have just about anyone and seem to get overexcited by every link that is put on here.

That being said, Giroud would be an amazing signing and an upgrade on Austin. Unfortunately it won't happen though, more likely to go to Everton, which will make them a very good side, if you ask me.

In fairness you'd have just about anyone and seem to get overexcited by every link that is put on here.

That being said, Giroud would be an amazing signing and an upgrade on Austin. Unfortunately it won't happen though, more likely to go to Everton, which will make them a very good side, if you ask me.

He already told Everton "no" once his family don't want to move to Liverpool apparently. So he probably wants a London team WHU it is then...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-manchester-11685420?service=responsive

[h=3]Saints eye Garcia[/h]Southampton are leading the chase for Eibar striker Dani Garcia.

Garcia, 27, has rejected a new deal with his current contract due to expire next summer.

Athletic Bilbao, Real Betis and Malaga are also keen but Garcia is believed to want to move to the Premier League.

Saw this article at the weekend:

Mauricio Pellegrino says Saints are looking at options to strengthen their squad next month.

Pellegrino is fully focused on his team’s trip to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge today, but admits that planning is well underway for the opening of the transfer window in just over a fortnight.

No doubt there will be plenty of rumours linking players with moves away from St Mary’s, but Pellegrino is also considering potential new signings, though admits nothing is guaranteed in a difficult market.

He said: “We are thinking about we have got some options and maybe we have got enough squad but we have to think about if we can do some movements.

“I can’t say nothing about that (where I want to strengthen) because my plan in my mind is one but the market offers not too many possibilities in January and you have to think about players in other leagues, in Premier League not playing too much. It depends.

“Always our club is ready on the market to try to be better and improve our squad.

“We have got a lot of players in our club that the other clubs wants to buy or on loan.

“Also the market offers not much but we will be ready.”

He said: “We are thinking about we have got some options and maybe we have got enough squad but we have to think about if we can do some movements.

“I can’t say nothing about that (where I want to strengthen) because my plan in my mind is one but the market offers not too many possibilities in January and you have to think about players in other leagues, in Premier League not playing too much. It depends.

“Always our club is ready on the market to try to be better and improve our squad.

“We have got a lot of players in our club that the other clubs wants to buy or on loan.

“Also the market offers not much but we will be ready.”

Inevitably Virgil van Dijk will be linked with a move away from St Mary’s.

Saints stood firm and resisted the temptation to cash in during the summer, despite the Dutch defender’s transfer request, but he could be in demand again.

“I can’t say nothing about that because you never know what can happen in the future,” he said.

“Yes I would like to keep my important players in the squad.”

There are still plenty of games for Saints to negotiate before the window opens, starting at Chelsea this afternoon, where they will look to bounce back from their 4-1 defeat to Leicester.

“I think for us it is a good opportunity because maybe we will play against a team where we will find more spaces,” reckoned Pellegrino.

“In the last few games against the biggest teams in the Premier League we play well and we try to repeat.”

Pellegrino found himself apologising to fans after the Leicester loss, and hopes he isn’t doing that again.

“When you do everything I think it’s not too many times I say sorry to the fans,” he admitted.

“When you do everything and you lose a game I don’t feel to say sorry to my fans. I try to do my best and lost.

“When you feel you can do something more the first feeling is to be sorry for that.

“My players are intelligent and know it was a really bad game and to be humble in this moment you have to be conscious what we did wrong and to bounce back and learn from difficult situation.

“You learn how people are in difficult positions.”

Source: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15774139.Saints_considering_January_signings/