January 18 transfer window

SKD

Promes? You're living in cuckoo land if you think we've any chance of either getting him

You should apply for the job of Pellegrino's press conference advisor. That would have been a much better answer than the 'not ruling it out' one he gave just now

:)

Duped, gullible, whatever you may call it, does not excuse the FACT that he came on and lied and trolled genuine fans who want some good news. Perhaps you can make a list of words that are codes for us in future to give us the heads up?

I still think you and him are twins, very much in each others pockets, probably the same ip address as well.

I'm sorry cb fry hurt your feelings. And for the record he's much more erudite than me and a brexit opponent so we can't be the same person.

I'm sorry cb fry hurt your feelings. And for the record he's much more erudite than me and a brexit opponent so we can't be the same person.
No he didn't hurt my feelings at all, I can laugh at myself. I misread a poster, thankfully it is not a disaster and I will read other posters as if they are Saints fans not trolls or liars.

Pellegrino reported as saying today that Saints are closing in on two signings. Theo fell through because of wages, and not because Theo thought Pellegrino was so far out of his depth he made Allardyce look like Sir Alf Ramsay.

nb I made up the last bit.

I wonder if that is more, or less close than when he said similar last weekend? The same signings, or different?

Wonder if he'll still be saying the same as the window starts to creak shut?

Pellegrino reported as saying today that Saints are closing in on two signings. Theo fell through because of wages, and not because Theo thought Pellegrino was so far out of his depth he made Allardyce look like Sir Alf Ramsay.

nb I made up the last bit.

Closing in. As in making very little progress given our need to get in players who can make a material difference to our parlous league position as soon as possible. Or we could leave it to the last minute to save 26p but with six more points going begging. Amazing.

This last page and a half is very tedious.

CB Fry lied, a few fans fell for it.

Let's just leave it at that shall we?

The transfer window is beyond tedious, particularly when we aren't signing anyone. Let's judt accept there is going to be some heel kicking whilst we wait for something to happen.

Practical question: as we only really have Reed and Wilson who are senior enough full time employees to lead transfer negotiations, would we struggle to do two big deals at the same time?

For example is Reed travelled to Monaco to work on Carrillo, woukd he be able to do much on another deal at the same time?

Practical question: as we only really have Reed and Wilson who are senior enough full time employees to lead transfer negotiations, would we struggle to do two big deals at the same time?

For example is Reed travelled to Monaco to work on Carrillo, woukd he be able to do much on another deal at the same time?

Do you need to do face to face deals in this day and age? with face time, Skype and god knows what else why do you even need to be in the same country?

I wonder if that is more, or less close than when he said similar last weekend? The same signings, or different?

Wonder if he'll still be saying the same as the window starts to creak shut?

He said something similar after the Watford game, if I remember correctly. I assumed at the time he was talking about Theo and Carrillo.

The reason I’m allowing myself a forlorn hope on Promes is, I remember there have been statements made in the Telegraph about Saints signing a pacy winger.

It’s the hope that kills you.

https://www.sport-express.ru/football/rfpl/news/pryamo-seychas-promes-ne-uydet-v-sautgempton-i-vot-pochemu-1361076/

Translation:

Today, the publication Sky Sports reported that the forward of "Spartacus" Quincy Promes is close to the transition to "Southampton" . According to the source, the deal will amount to at least 30 million pounds sterling.

However, according to the "SE", this information is not true - at the moment, the management of red and white does not consider such an option to sell the 26-year-old Dutchman. With a high degree of probability, the forward will play all season-2017/18 with the Muscovites.

Recall that in this championship of Russia Promes spent 17 matches, scoring 10 goals and making 6 assists. In addition, he played 5 meetings in the Champions League - 2 goals and 2 assists. (Vyacheslav KOROTKIN)

I know even De Ridder looked decent in a youtube compilation but between that, his stats and the few times I have seen him play I would be pretty excited if we managed to get Quincy on board.

Still think we also need presence up top and and a top quality cb would make it a good window but the idea of Hoedt with Yoshida or Stephens doesn't particularly fill me with dread.

Promes has a contract until 2021 and is apparently one of the top players in Russia. I doubt we'd get him for £30m since that was what Chelsea paid for Willian five years ago when they bought him from Anzhi.

Has the money not left Russian football since then and thus they are in a slightly less strong position? I'm asking, not telling.

Has the money not left Russian football since then and thus they are in a slightly less strong position? I'm asking, not telling.

The money definitely left Anzhi, though no idea about the rest of the league. The two biggest sales from the Russian league were both in 2016, with both Hulk and Alex Teixeira going to China for £40-45m.

The money definitely left Anzhi, though no idea about the rest of the league. The two biggest sales from the Russian league were both in 2016, with both Hulk and Alex Teixeira going to China for £40-45m.

any big sales since then? Are there any top top players left over there?

any big sales since then? Are there any top top players left over there?

Not really - Promes probably the pick of them, though I've always liked how Dzagoev plays. That said, everyone knows the PL is awash with money, so I doubt we're in a position to insist on bargains wherever we're trying to buy from.

Ethically shady, but probably a smart way to boost recruitment. (Certainly hasn't hindered Wolves, in fact, they've almost solved the problem of loyalty in today's game).

@TeleFootball: Swansea turn to Jorge Mendes to help with transfer window signings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/19/swansea-turn-jorge-mendes-help-transfer-window-signings/