January 18 transfer window

SKD

Mauricio Pellegrino has played down reports that Manolo Gabbiadini will leave Saints before the end of the month.

Gabbiadini has been heavily linked with a loan move to Bologna after finding game time hard to come by at St Mary’s.

Saints have completed a club record deal for Guido Carrillo, but with Charlie Austin sidelined can ill afford to let another striker leave with Gabbiadini and Shane Long the only frontline alternatives.

Pellegrino said: “I don’t think so.

“This morning I was talking with Les. Every day we are talking about some news in the market, about how we have the possibility for some players to leave and some to try and bring in but nobody told me anything about Manolo.

“He’s an important player for us.

“He’s not playing too much right now but is one of our main strikers, our main players, and I want to keep him.”

Pellegrino, who also dismissed speculation linking Saints with a loan move for Tottenham youngster Kyle Walker-Peters, was also quizzed on the possibility of Quincy Promes joining from Spartak Moscow and replied: “It’s all speculation.

“Obviously we have been working with many players to bring players with capacity, with quality.

“It is not easy but we will keep pushing and we are not sure until the end what will happen with us.”

Source: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15904641.Pellegrino_issues_Gabbiadini_transfer_update/

Dont think so pal. Although they are looking to take a Palace player on loan.

I watch them sometimes. Joe Piggott was their best player, he just joined AFC Wimbledon. Alex Wynter (ex Palace youth) is good for that level but has already bumbled around a few lower league clubs including Pompey.

And now W-Ham want´s to sign Spiderman as well according to SKY. So with him and Pelle are the turning into Liverhampton light ; )

Standard West Ham. They've also just had a bid rejected for Tom Cairney at Fulham.

Their owners had some unsavoury contact with some fans last week (regarding their lack of investment). Low and behold they are now shouting from the rooftops about any player. It's all just to appease the fans and to make it look like they're trying and that they have money, but I don’t expect anything to happen, apart from maybe a loan on the last day.

Their fans have real issues with their owners. I'm glad we don't have them running our joint.

Standard West Ham. They've also just had a bid rejected for Tom Cairney at Fulham.

Their owners had some unsavoury contact with some fans last week (regarding their lack of investment). Low and behold they are now shouting from the rooftops about any player. It's all just to appease the fans and to make it look like they're trying and that they have money, but I don’t expect anything to happen, apart from maybe a loan on the last day.

Their fans have real issues with their owners. I'm glad we don't have them running our joint.

I guess we'll find out which club those words apply to in 2 days' time.

It's that time of the year, mate. With Deadline day approaching, it's time to dust-off the WHU gif of choice:

p.txt.gif

West Ham attempting to course correct their entire front-line?

SWANS BID FOR AYEW

Swansea City are offering a deal worth up to £18m for Andre Ayew but West Ham are holding out for £20m for the Ghana forward, Sky Sports News understands.

Swansea’s new proposal is worth £18m in total when add-ons are taken into account and their initial bid of £14m was rejected nine days ago.

West Ham are happy for Ayew to leave but they value him at £20m - the price they paid Swansea when they signed him 18 months ago - and are asking for Ki Sung-yueng to be included in any deal.

Swansea will have to break their transfer record in the next 48 hours if they want Ayew. The most they have paid for a player is £15m to Atletico Madrid for Borja Baston.

Decent.

WATFORD LAND DEULOFEU

Barcelona have confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Watford for the loan of Gerard Deulofeu until the end of the season.

The agreement means Watford will cover his salary and a potential add on of 1m Euros

West Brom have some strikers, Jay Rod, Sturridge etc - but what else do they have? name me one excellent player that is really that big of a threat. They had a superb result against Liverpool but let's face it if Liverpool aren't firing they can be easy to "get at" and despite having VVD they are very open at the back under Klopp. The window isn't over yet and right now what we need is another centre back and full back cover, and potentially a wide man.

When MP is your manager it is hard to attract players, seemingly. Rumours that Everton are in for Promes, and Fredericks from Fulham doesn't fancy it either. On UI forum

Fredericks isn't for "sale at any price" according to Fulham who are planning to activate his 12 month contract extension they don't want to sell him regardless of what the player wants.

Edited by doddisalegend

Very rare I hear a whisper nowadays but Been told that if we get someone in then the only out will be 2 players going on loan to Championship clubs “for experience” in case we do go down, no sales. Take it with as big a pinch of salt as you want. Not heard from the guy who told me for a couple of years and he facebooked me out of the blue.

Very rare I hear a whisper nowadays but Been told that if we get someone in then the only out will be 2 players going on loan to Championship clubs “for experience” in case we do go down, no sales. Take it with as big a pinch of salt as you want. Not heard from the guy who told me for a couple of years and he facebooked me out of the blue.

Promes in, Sims/Hesketh out?