January 18 transfer window

SKD

Not strictly relevent to January, but a player who was linked with Saints last summer, Yann Karamoh, has just come on for the last 5 minutes of Inter's game at home to Chievo.

Should have scored with in a couple of minutes, nice touch to make space in the box but just pulls it wide. Already shown moe movement than Redmond did in an entire half against Bournemouth.

I like to think Shaw would pick us over Everton if that scenario was to happen. Not sure anymore after Koeman though.

I could see Shaw coming back if we sold Bertrand... But I would probably be more inclined to believe those rumours about the club going with McQueen / Targett.

We have to get Theo surely. Great for the club, need experience, still adds pace, will get goals and if we're all about the academy, have a decent sign of that in the team.

Tadic has been poor, Boufal still improving, Redmond mostly dog****, Sims injured. There's room for one more wide player in there.

I think there would be a real feel-good factor to bringing Theo back, for me at least. I’m not sure if the club will make a decision based on that though.

I also suspect that both Everton and West Ham will throw more money at him, if they really are interested.

Southampton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are keeping tabs on 'excellent' Dundee defender Jack Hendry ahead of possible January moves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5148255/Southampton-Newcastle-Palace-keeping-tabs-Hendry.html#ixzz50PJzbFdU

Everton, Southampton and Stoke are closely monitoring Reading goalkeeper Lewis Ward:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-everton-eye-swoop-rising-star-available-bargain-price/

Southampton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are keeping tabs on 'excellent' Dundee defender Jack Hendry ahead of possible January moves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5148255/Southampton-Newcastle-Palace-keeping-tabs-Hendry.html#ixzz50PJzbFdU

Everton, Southampton and Stoke are closely monitoring Reading goalkeeper Lewis Ward:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-everton-eye-swoop-rising-star-available-bargain-price/

Nice to have some links.

Not sure on the first one - with Stephens and the polish guy as backups.

The keeper is a good shout though, would definitely fit the bill.

Nice to have some links.

There's a been a fair few links the last few weeks... Thought I'd start posting some now as I suppose we aren't too far away from business (& the VVD links!) to start ramping up!

A 30 year old winger, who is presently nursing a ruptured knee ligament incurred while celebrating a goal. Sign him up!

I remember watching a college football game over here a few years ago, and a Notre Dame player did his knee in while celebrating a touchdown. Putting aside the excruciating pain and potential career death involved, it must be a little embarrassing.

Nice to have some links.

Just read about him, aged 20, he might be one who falls into that catch all of being "one for the future". In terms of challenging FF or taking over from him the fact is that this bloke has yet to play in the league as I see it, and is currently on loan at Aldershot. I'd like to think we are looking at someone who has been tested at a higher level than Aldershot to step into the first team at the moment.

We have to get Theo surely. Great for the club, need experience, still adds pace, will get goals and if we're all about the academy, have a decent sign of that in the team.

Tadic has been poor, Boufal still improving, Redmond mostly dog****, Sims injured. There's room for one more wide player in there.

Don’t think Walcott would come back to be a wide player, as he’s seen himself as a striker for quite a few years. He would be an upgrade on Long as our run around and not score much striker...

Don’t think Walcott would come back to be a wide player, as he’s seen himself as a striker for quite a few years. He would be an upgrade on Long as our run around and not score much striker...

walcott scored 19 in 37 games last season. not bad for a 'not score much striker'

Wenger has said he won't be sold , Shame really because reading the arsenal forum they hate him !

Not transfer window but it would take me ages to find the thread about our exes, so here :

Nigel Adkins has moved closer to becoming the new Hull boss after claiming he is ready to return to management with the Championship club. (HULL DAILY MAIL)

It wouldn't have taken very long... it is currently the 15th thread on the first page. ;)

Would like Walcott but can't see it happening. They don't tend to return, do they? Would like Boruc back though. Actually even Niemi instead of Forster...Please at least get a good back-up.

Wouldn't be massively saddened if we sold Tadic or Redmond. Keep everyone else. Have always thought Shelvey would be good addition but again unlikely. Same true of Matt Ritchie.

Would like Walcott but can't see it happening. They don't tend to return, do they? Would like Boruc back though. Actually even Niemi instead of Forster...Please at least get a good back-up.

Wouldn't be massively saddened if we sold Tadic or Redmond. Keep everyone else. Have always thought Shelvey would be good addition but again unlikely. Same true of Matt Ritchie.

Only true icons return. Players like Craig Maskell ;)

See that Everton want Walcott.

Given Walcott is looking for a final payday rather than building a career you'd fancy him to pick Everton over us.

They will pay more and would feel like less of a steep step down than we would. Plus although it hurts to accept hes probably more likely to win a medal or two with Everton.

Given Walcott is looking for a final payday rather than building a career you'd fancy him to pick Everton over us.

They will pay more and would feel like less of a steep step down than we would. Plus although it hurts to accept hes probably more likely to win a medal or two with Everton.

First club to build dugouts.

Founders of the football league.

First club to install undersoil heating.

Worst performing English club in Europa/CL history

etc.

That has to be one of the most fanciful and unrealistic 'rumours' I have ever seen, why the hell would one of the best strikers in Europe move to Everton.

Exactly. Pretty much sums Everton up though.

They've got massive resources, but that one would surely only come off if absolutely nobody else goes in for him & Dortmund consider his bridges well & truly burned.