January 18 transfer window

SKD

Should have sacked him after losing to Leicester. Our board would rather keep pellegrino and buy cheap than get rid and back new manager with sizeable funds. Vvd sale was all about getting maximum valuation which wouldn't be the case in summer when we are relegated. I truly despise what Reed and Kruegar are doing to our club.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I wouldn't anticipate any quality signings this Jan. The team's poor form, uninspiring management and slump towards a very tough fight to avoid relegation isn't exactly going to persuade many to come our way. We'll probably have to make do with what we have and use the money in the summer, probably to help with a Championship promotion challenge.

I can understand why a player wouldn't want to come here permanently. But no reason we can't go for getting someone in on loan if the parent club is willing e.g. Theo. However did anyone really believe Theo would come to Saints? He must have far better options.

Agents stalling, want more ££ and players very reluctant to join a team in real danger of relegation. Definite impact on Theo deal, which is now looking very iffy at best and AN Other, I've no name as of yet but I believe French, who has now decided against a move.

I'll try to find out more before the weekend. Hope they are wrong about Theo, I'd like to see him at Saints.

Thanks for the info.

Seems we're going down with the clown.

Players obviously talk to each other and I’d imagine our current ones wouldn’t be recommending us as a decent bet going forward. Our inept board need to pull their fingers out and do something that’ll at least get the fans on board. Only way we’ll maintain our status is a manager change and just pray we get the bounce effect which sneak us a few points.

Should have sacked him after losing to Leicester. Our board would rather keep pellegrino and buy cheap than get rid and back new manager with sizeable funds. Vvd sale was all about getting maximum valuation which wouldn't be the case in summer when we are relegated. I truly despise what Reed and Kruegar are doing to our club.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

If I told you this bollix was drivel

Reed and Kruegar have got the club to 6 7 8 in the League in recent seasons and to a Cup Final and the last few signings included Lemina Boufal and Gabbiadini would that make you feel better.

If I told you this bollix was drivel

Reed and Kruegar have got the club to 6 7 8 in the League in recent seasons and to a Cup Final and the last few signings included Lemina Boufal and Gabbiadini would that make you feel better.

This is true.

However they are also overseeing a dismal, atrocious season. And (seemingly) not acting decisively to change it.

Agents stalling, want more ££ and players very reluctant to join a team in real danger of relegation. Definite impact on Theo deal, which is now looking very iffy at best and AN Other, I've no name as of yet but I believe French, who has now decided against a move.

I'll try to find out more before the weekend. Hope they are wrong about Theo, I'd like to see him at Saints.

And there in lies the problem. We will end up with 3/4th best because our sh!te board have got us in the mess and won’t spend the money required to get us out of it.

If our top targets want more because of the mess we’re in, pay them whatever it takes.

I can’t blame anyone not wanting to come here though, we can’t be that much of an attractive proposition at the moment.

Frustrating, but no real surprise.

Our position, and our no-hope manager simply isn't going to help us attract players. A proper manager would help.

It should have been obvious to a complete idiot that our slide would make us an even less attractive option than before. But not a matter for concern with Les,or the Lesbians.

Should have sacked him after losing to Leicester.

Agreed. And if not sacked immediately then it should have set the wheels in motion to get one appointed to maximise the January window.

Frustrating, but no real surprise.

Our position, and our no-hope manager simply isn't going to help us attract players. A proper manager would help.

I suppose there is a chance that being rejected by our targets might be the impetus needed for Les & Ralph to make the change needed.

Although the speed with which they work will probably mean the new manager coming in on January 27th with only a few days left.

Well I was told today that Koeman was spotted at St Mary's so who knows

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who told you that? I don't believe that's true. Even if we were looking to bring him back, we wouldn't bring him to the stadium whilst the present manager is still there.

Sadly, it was always going to be this way. The time to bring in players in when you are doing well, and seemingly don't need them, because then players WANT to join you. Right now, it feels like we are recruiting for a leper colony, as no-one wants to join us now. We really are going to have to push hard. I would love Walcott in, but that won't be done until 10pm Deadline Day, if at all. We can try for Ihanacheo - at least Leicester are open to selling him. But the big picture is that our league position is already a red flag, and it's going to get even worse in the next 22 days ... :(

Who told you that? I don't believe that's true. Even if we were looking to bring him back, we wouldn't bring him to the stadium whilst the present manager is still there.

We have offices in London, is that right? So any discreet meetings would surely take place there. Certainly not at the stadium.

Thanks for posting.

All Les, Ralph and Co have to do is tell the reluctant potential new players that our present league position is all Virgil’s fault and our results, performances and league position will improve under Pellegrino now Virgil’s gone. Simples.

Was told 3rd hand from someone at Citroen garage. Was what I said aswell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perhaps he meant the St Mary's district, rather than the stadium. Maybe Ron made friends during his time here. :suspicious:

Although I wouldn't mind seeing RK back in the driving seat, somehow I really doubt it's gonna happen. Not to mention that whole concept of visiting a stadium is totally ridiculous. After all, these days you can have a video conference from any kind of platform, so I really don't see a point in RK dropping by for a chat.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The most recent thing I read about Koeman is that he’s being lined up to manage the Dutch national side.
That not a job that is going to pay that well.

Seems spectacularly unlikely he would come back to us but stranger things have happened. However I think he's got Stoke written all over him.

Much like Brendan Rodgers, that's about his kind of level.

Perhaps the players we're after actually saw how we play. No wonder they chose not to come. No answer but to appoint a decent manager who can attract players

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As already mentioned, clubs in similar circumstances like ours, usually pay a premium on top of the expected price, to ensure that they bring the players they're after. Also, most of the players have a relegation clause built in their contracts (regardless of the fact that we wouldn't be able to maintain paying their wages if we get relegated). Managers name is irrelevant in those circumstances.

The biggest motivator for most players is money, over the top targets a few million bonus if we escape relegation, they'll soon sign up and play their heart out.

Man City are offering £20m for Sanchez from Arsenal - if we offer £21m then he's ours

As already mentioned, clubs in similar circumstances like ours, usually pay a premium on top of the expected price, to ensure that they bring the players they're after. Also, most of the players have a relegation clause built in their contracts (regardless of the fact that we wouldn't be able to maintain paying their wages if we get relegated). Managers name is irrelevant in those circumstances.

Well if I was a player in those circumstances I would not choose to come to a club whose manager is clearly characterless and devoid of ideas during games regarding tactics, and does not appear to be able to rouse his troops. If there was another club in a better position, with a better manager, and offering actually more money, I'd go there. Oops, just described Theo. (and all the others) Let's not go down the sentimental 'return home' nonsense...

Always likely in January that you have to overpay to get good players.

After a season of struggling to score goals, to not sign any attacking players last summer was an absolute cluster**** so the club only have themselves to blame.

After selling VVD others clubs and agents know we are 1.) Desperate and 2.) Have money available.

We also still absolutely need to replace VVD as our current CBs are not good enough.

Feels very similar to the Jan window last year where we sold Fonte and then bungled replacing him.

Every game that goes by without reinforcements is mismanagement IMO. We are running out of time and will likely have Shane Long up front in a massive, massive match this weekend, which is telling.

Always likely in January that you have to overpay to get good players.

After a season of struggling to score goals, to not sign any attacking players last summer was an absolute cluster**** so the club only have themselves to blame.

After selling VVD others clubs and agents know we are 1.) Desperate and 2.) Have money available.

We also still absolutely need to replace VVD as our current CBs are not good enough.

Feels very similar to the Jan window last year where we sold Fonte and then bungled replacing him.

Every game that goes by without reinforcements is mismanagement IMO. We are running out of time and will likely have Shane Long up front in a massive, massive match this weekend, which is telling.

Remember when Les promised us Fonte would be replaced then on transfer deadline day we made a loan move for Jordi Amat :lol:

Shame if it's true about Walcott. Can understand why Everton are a more inviting destination given our respective league positions.

Wonder if Palace result has affected negotiations as if we'd won that we'd at least to surface appearances look far healthier league wise.

Paying for a couple of expensive loans may be what we are going to have to do given better players may not want to commit.

I wonder if our rumoured search for a new manager is hindering us signing new players?

Bound to have. Why would you join a club that will probably change manager in a few weeks time, the next guy might think you are ****.

That's why the screamingly obvious thing to do is get a new manager in a few weeks before the transfer window, asses the squad, identify targets and bring in the correct players for them. No one will want to come into a relegation threatened club, to work with a manager on the verge of being sacked in a poisonous atmosphere.

Remember when Les promised us Fonte would be replaced then on transfer deadline day we made a loan move for Jordi Amat :lol:

Another player we knew was leaving for some time before he did.

Strange considering we have the all singing all dancing 'black box'... it's been a while since we heard about that, thinking about it. I wonder why.

Unless we add 2 or 3 players to the first 11 including a striker that can score goals and an attacking midfielder that can create chances or change the manager to get a lot more out of the current squad we are going down.

If Stoke appoint a decent manager like O'Neill I can't see 3 teams that are worse than us in terms of players and manager.

The Watford game is a must win - but without a change of manager or a new signing or two its hard to see us winning it. And without any signs of either maybe its already too late.

Another player we knew was leaving for some time before he did.

Strange considering we have the all singing all dancing 'black box'... it's been a while since we heard about that, thinking about it. I wonder why.

Is there any chance that the keys to our black box was people like Paul Mitchell and Bill Green?

Would be very interested to know why we have the Limehouse hotel booked out for a week of meetings personally, normally that means transfers in coming.

I hope it’s managers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PALACE EYE BABACAR?

Our Sky colleagues in Italy are reporting that Crystal Palace have made a bid for Fiorentina striker Khouma Babacar.

Palace manager Roy Hodgson has made signing a striker a priority in the January window as his first choice option Christian Benteke has scored just once in 16 games.

Babacar, 24, has scored four times in Serie A this season after netting 10 last year. He earned his first call-up for Senegal in March last year.