January 18 transfer window

SKD

Is one of those pledges to install a safety net all round the stadium to avoid anyone in the crowd getting hit by a puck?

In the interview I couldn't see anything about the first team.. He spoke about improving the academy, developing he area around the stadium and taking three years to paint the concourse (maybe MP is doing it cheap in the summer which is why they have to keep him on?) I get the feeling football is no longer our core business so we may well go in this direction!

75 already in. Parachute payments. Then Gabbi plus Bertrand plus Hoj plus Boufal, Tadic probably even Forster. Yes, I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I think you are pretty much right and what is likely to happen if we go down. Then we will be sold and as Coventry have found can be a nightmare.

Pledge 1: To firmly believe we're the best at what we do, regardless of the reality.

Pledge 2: To buy cheap players who have failed at the highest level, so they can fail at our level.

Pledge 3: To ensure that everything and everyone has a price tag. Less that you might think too, make me an offer!

Pledge 4: The Championship is closer to the Champions League than The Premier League is.

Pledge 5: To focus the clubs efforts on it's key industries of selling overpriced pies, player turnover, pledge writing and disapointment.

Pledge 1: To firmly believe we're the best at what we do, regardless of the reality.

Pledge 2: To buy cheap players who have failed at the highest level, so they can fail at our level.

Pledge 3: To ensure that everything and everyone has a price tag. Less that you might think too, make me an offer!

Pledge 4: The Championship is closer to the Champions League than The Premier League is.

Pledge 5: To focus the clubs efforts on it's key industries of selling overpriced pies, player turnover, pledge writing and disapointment.

:D :D

Personally I can't believe so many are calling for the managers head, Les Reeds head, Freddie's Krugers head but there is apathy towards the owner.

Allegedly he struggled to pass the fit and proper test. We have heard nothing from him. We know nothing of his motives other than he had to borrow to buy the club.

IMO I am not scared of relegation..I am scared that this guy is going to destroy us totally.

This. This Gao bloke could just cut his loses after relegation and leave a shell of a club saddled with debt.

No doubt Fat Kat sold him the club as an “established Prem club looking to break into the top 6” and he fell for it hook line and sinker. He’s possibly paid 200mill for a Championship club worth £50-60mill max, not sure how he expects to recoup his investment - we all know championship clubs make **** all profit. It may be asset stripping is his best way of not losing too much.

Edited by aintforever

Another Wilson article. Probably club fed PR fluff as per usual but he claims we are in talks over quincy promes as well as carrillo.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/954776856221442049

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Link didn't work for me, mate. Try this one:

@TeleFootball: Southampton move for £50m pair Quincy Promes and Guido Carrillo as Mauricio Pellegrino dismisses job concerns @JWTelegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/20/mauricio-pellegrino-focus-southampton-long-term/

Another Wilson article. Probably club fed PR fluff as per usual but he claims we are in talks over quincy promes as well as carrillo.

It's a lot less fluffy than usual.

Promes is in on monday for medical. Its a good signing but may be too late.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#ITK_WATCH!!!!

Would we be able to sign Promes without a manager? Surely there's absolutely no way that Pellegrino stays if we get battered tomorrow at home whilst in the relegation zone.
Yes. We've signed players without a manager before. Five years ago this week we appointed Poch and signed that Scandinavian centre back whose name has now completely escaped me. I think Bertrand was signed before Koeman and Redmond was definitely signed before Puel.

Link didn't work for me, mate. Try this one:

@TeleFootball: Southampton move for £50m pair Quincy Promes and Guido Carrillo as Mauricio Pellegrino dismisses job concerns @JWTelegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/20/mauricio-pellegrino-focus-southampton-long-term/

This article was less fluffy than usual. It almost has a resigned air to it.

I feel sorry for Pellegrino. All signs point to him being a very decent sort of chap, who is simply not as good as we hoped.

Yes. We've signed players without a manager before. Five years ago this week we appointed Poch and signed that Scandinavian centre back whose name has now completely escaped me. I think Bertrand was signed before Koeman and Redmond was definitely signed before Puel.

Vegard Forren?

Think Bertrand was after Koeman was appointed as we had signed Tadic before him I think. Bednarek was before Pellegrino wasn't he?

Would we be able to sign Promes without a manager? Surely there's absolutely no way that Pellegrino stays if we get battered tomorrow at home whilst in the relegation zone.

The bigger obstacle may be signing Carillo without Pellegrino, because of his association with Pellegrino.

I’d rather we went for Slimani than Carillo.

Celtic not sounding quite as confident about Dembele.

RODGERS IN DEMBELE ADMISSION

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has conceded that speculation around Moussa Dembele's future has got to the striker.

Rodgers confirmed that there have been "a couple of enquiries" for the 21-year-old French forward, who sat on the bench for Saturday's 5-0 Scottish Cup win over Brechin.

"There has been nothing official as yet. I know some enquiries have come through to Peter (Lawwell, chief executive) but nothing concrete.

"The boy is fine, he is training, he is working but it is clear that he has probably not been quite the same as what he has been for probably over a year or so.

"We will see what happens between now and the end of the month and will take it from there."

I feel like there's a difference between a signing on that level and a signing like Promes which would be our record fee by a mile though, can't see why he'd want to join an (already poor) team where he didn't even know who the manager was.

We would need Promes to be more 'Arjen Robben' than 'Jeremain Lens'.

Pellegrino has been sacked twice in a managerial career that has taken in five clubs in six years but he regards this current situation as the toughest – and yet still the most beneficial – he has experienced. “I am worried about a lot of things, but not my job,” he said.

Didn't this ring any alarm bells Les ?

Hi, new here but I’m normally a happy clapper but getting very worried about everything it’s taking so long to sign someone and it seems like the Carillo deal is going nowhere! Would love Promes but can’t see it happening
Welcome you've come to the right place mate, you'll be well taken care of if you're looking for a complete meltdown.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

GAO must just be interested in selling up all the stars under cloak of relegating and getting out, thus turning 200 mill debt into profit. MP is his aid in this by being so clueless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know, you see it all the time these days, guys buying premiere league clubs one month to sell them the next for a profit, while asset stripping everything in site. Happening all the time, pi sses me right off.

Promes is in on monday for medical. Its a good signing but may be too late.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can't be, we are selling everybody at the end of the season to cover the owners 200 million loan.