Ryan Bertrand He's Taking The P!ss

Gemmel

He's taking the p!ss, he's taking the p!ss

Ryan Bertrand he's taking the p!ss

in my opinion, not against our opponents, but against us as a club and fans.

in my opinion he is wage thief on holiday...... bin him off, at the moment he is a disgrace to the shirt.

Happy with life then ?

Your attempts to depreciate Gemmel isn't impressing any one.

So is VvD

This team is starting to feel like a bunch of mercenaries. I hope there's still some pasion for the team left in them.

Edited by Disco Stu

He wanted and expected to go last summer. He was persuaded to stay and is now playing like a player who doesn't want to be at the club...

Or alternatively a player that is totally disillusioned because he can see that the manage'rs selections just don't work and can see how to make the whole team better positionally.

Or alternatively a player that is totally disillusioned because he can see that the manage'rs selections just don't work and can see how to make the whole team better positionally.

The days of Bertrand and Cedric bombing up the wings seem distant memories. Or my hallucinations.

in my opinion he is wage thief on holiday...... bin him off, at the moment he is a disgrace to the shirt.

He may be as bored as the rest of us with the football Saints are playing but really I fail to see how you can arrive at your conclusion. He's a quality full back. If only the manager would use a formation or find a way of playing which gets the full backs forward more quickly, and instructs Cedric to put in low hard early crosses as Bertrand does, our scoring would improve.

The days of Bertrand and Cedric bombing up the wings seem distant memories. Or my hallucinations.

Cedric got the byline a few times yesterday and Bertrand has done the same in previous games, so not sure I agree with your assessment.

Always SFC just loves an argument and to hear the sound of his own voice. Look at his amount of posts! It’s embarrasing. Over 10K comments. In the same amount of time I’ve not reached 200. I’d ignore him to be honest. It won’t stop him posting though as he has nothing else to do with his time. 10K! Haha

Always SFC just loves an argument and to hear the sound of his own voice. Look at his amount of posts! It’s embarrasing. Over 10K comments. In the same amount of time I’ve not reached 200. I’d ignore him to be honest. It won’t stop him posting though as he has nothing else to do with his time. 10K! Haha

I`m not arguing with anyone, and you call me embarrassing after your pathetic thread :lol:

Hear my own voice... dear god!! its a forum not audio... :mcinnes:

What's more embarrassing for you, having Always as a fellow supporter or Saints drawing away from home?

Gemmel you don't normally post this type of nonsense,are you OK???

Ok he doesn't seem to be MrHappy, but I don't recall him ever being that way.

He has been a lower level this season but I wonder if the style of play is not good for him.

He doesn't seem to overlap like he used to and I wonder if that is down to the cautious manager

IMO England will only take 2 left backs to the world cup next summer and there are a lot of good LBs around.

Now is not the time to be playing at his "best" and being "burn out" come March/April. The 2 that go will be decided around the Feb/Mar/April time.

(If I remember correctly, in the past England have taken players (midfield ?) to the w/c who have been Motm in the Cup Final and done very little before that).

IMO there are 6 possible LBs for England

Rose - out injured at the moment, but was in the PFA's Team of the year for the last 2 season.

Cresswell - good delivery into the box but is often found out when defending.

Shaw - If he leaves united in Jan I can see him having a strong second half of the season and if he returns to his Saints form he could go to the wc.

Gibbs - was playing for England in the last couple of years and left Arsenal to play more first team football to put him in with a chance of going. For me he didn't stand out last week but it is a long season and could improve.

Young - For me he has been playing really well for united this season at LB and England may take him as the 2nd LB because he could also play as a winger.

At the moment Ryan is in the first 2, but it is a long season and the ones that are playing well after xmas will be the ones that will go, if he looks "burn out" then one of the others could well overtake him.

He doesn't seem to overlap like he used to and I wonder if that is down to the cautious manager

LOL - Thanks Nick .... Am I ok? For sure

Am I happy with the football - Not even close. The turgid, boring nonsense, crab style, drivel we are being served up, is bordering on painful.

For the sake of doubt, this is not about results (**** me I can watch us lose, but please please please at least attempt to entertain the fans) .

Back to the player in point, I have watched him closely for the last few games. He just doesn't seem to be interested at all. When I first picked up on it, I assumed, as you suggested, that this was down to a cautious manager and that was his instructions. But based on Cedric and the times he does get forward, that doesn't make any sense to me.

There have been so many times at home when we have looked to play the ball out to where he should be and he is 30 yards behind the play. Then this weekend, (Open the flood gates of abuse) I think he should have got to the ball then went out for a goal kick...... In my opinion, did he deliberately not make it..... NO ........ Did he bust a gut to get there...... NO......Would he have made that cross last season......Yes.

Unlike Van Dyke, we don't really know what has happened behind the scenes or where his head is, but (In my opinion) he is barely going through the motions and I would drop him to put his England place at risk.

Am I happy with the football - Not even close. The turgid, boring nonsense, crab style, drivel we are being served up, is bordering on painful.

For the sake of doubt, this is not about results (**** me I can watch us lose, but please please please at least attempt to entertain the fans) .

Back to the player in point, I have watched him closely for the last few games. He just doesn't seem to be interested at all. When I first picked up on it, I assumed, as you suggested, that this was down to a cautious manager and that was his instructions. But based on Cedric and the times he does get forward, that doesn't make any sense to me.

There have been so many times at home when we have looked to play the ball out to where he should be and he is 30 yards behind the play. Then this weekend, (Open the flood gates of abuse) I think he should have got to the ball then went out for a goal kick...... In my opinion, did he deliberately not make it..... NO ........ Did he bust a gut to get there...... NO......Would he have made that cross last season......Yes.

Unlike Van Dyke, we don't really know what has happened behind the scenes or where his head is, but (In my opinion) he is barely going through the motions and I would drop him to put his England place at risk.

I think none of us are happy with the football. I believe the manager is a real dud, I was keen for Puel to stay and so perhaps biased. Had he been given the summer to get a couple of players in, and with the return of VVD and Gabbi, could have turned us into a very good side.

We have taken on a manager who doesn't sem to react or know how to make an attacking side.

Bertrand is not himself but I don't think he has ever been Mr Happy and so it is just being highlighted at presen.

I must say I was pretty annoyed with him when he did that stupid, cocky backheel and that could have put us in trouble on Sunday.I was at first thinking it was Boufal being an idiot doing it and was really surprised to see it was Ryan

Bertrand provided the only decent cross (which Gabbiadini narrowly failed to convert) in the whole match. Not a chance he'll be dropped.

I like Ryan, and think he is more a naturally surly person than being a d*ck etc, but I do wish that just once every now and then he'd actually brave using his right foot... not expecting him to wang one in from 25 yards or anything but a 5-yard pass infield would be a decent start for an international fullback

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"Not a chance he'll be dropped."

And there lies the problem...

Personally I would rather watch SM or MT bust a gut, than this arse stroll around.

The problem lies with how we play as a team (the manager) not with the players attitude. SM or MT would be worse options under the current manager.

The problem lies with how we play as a team (the manager) not with the players attitude. SM or MT would be worse options under the current manager.

That's not really true either you can be a tactical master mind but if you have players who can't be arsed you are going to struggle to compete. A successful team needs players who work hard with a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal if you don't have both you are going to have problems.

That's not really true either you can be a tactical master mind but if you have players who can't be arsed you are going to struggle to compete. A successful team needs players who work hard with a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal if you don't have both you are going to have problems.

I can't disagree with any of that. What I disagree with is the implication that Bertrand can't be arsed. Firstly, I haven't noticed at any point in any recent match that he can't be arsed, though granted he's been in better form than recently. Secondly, pretty much the whole team is underperforming. Thirdly, Bertrand has a World Cup place to play for. It's barely credible that someone can't be arsed to cement a place in the squad.

Imo underperformance is down to the way we play and responsibility for that rests primarily with the manager.

As an aside, have you noticed how many threads there are on individual player's shortcomings. They can't all be individually responsible for poor performance. The witch hunters never run out of witches. There's a whole herd of scapegoats.

I keep reading "the side are playing to instructions of the manager."

Surely they can just disregard 'play safe' instructions and play to their potential. OK, Peleg may not like it and take players off, but he can't substitute all 10. And if we are winning, he likely won't substitute any.

Where is this player power when we need it?

thought he looked fine to me. Couldn't see anything wrong with his attitude, professionalism or effort. Got up and down. But for a very good block might have scored in the first half. Its not easy playing with Redmond.

I get the impression that part of his frustration is playing behind Redmond. Redmond often stifles play imo and restricts Bertrand from overlapping as much as he used to. Redmond also moans a lot.

Redmond moaning a lot is one of his many worst attritbutes.

He'll be decent in the Championship next season though.