Ryan Bertrand He's Taking The P!ss

Gemmel

I get the impression that part of his frustration is playing behind Redmond. Redmond often stifles play imo and restricts Bertrand from overlapping as much as he used to.
perhaps he needs a bald jesus playing him in with guilt edge passes all game long.

Bertrand was a bloody disgrace today (like most of the season). I would rather see Targett or McQueen in there - who would at least bloody try.

I can only guess that you are either:

a) Watching the game on TV whilst ****ed.

b) Have some personal grievance with him. Has he fingered your wife or something?

c) You are a f***ing idiot.

I can only guess that you are either:

a) Watching the game on TV whilst ****ed.

b) Have some personal grievance with him. Has he fingered your wife or something?

c) You are a f***ing idiot.

Bertrand’s body language yesterday was poor plus he looked like he didn’t really care. Think Washsaint to have a point. You are currently the Forum’s no 1 happy clappy.

Even though I can see why people think Bertrand looks a bit half-ar$ed, the fact is he's not the only one. Most of the team look like they can't really be bothered. I think that's more to do with how they've been told to play, and maybe because they're demotivated or not inspired, rather than because they have actively decided to down tools.

Bertrands problem is playing on the wing with Redmond, I watched him bust a gut to get past Redmond, only for Redmond to turn inside and pass sideways. Redmond always comes towards Bertrand instead of moving away so Betrand can pass and move, by coming towards him it brings opposition players with him crowding Betrand. If we are going play Redmond and Tadic put them on their "right" sides, hopefully stopping this coming inside and slowing everthing down.

Bertrands problem is playing on the wing with Redmond, I watched him bust a gut to get past Redmond, only for Redmond to turn inside and pass sideways. Redmond always comes towards Bertrand instead of moving away so Betrand can pass and move, by coming towards him it brings opposition players with him crowding Betrand. If we are going play Redmond and Tadic put them on their "right" sides, hopefully stopping this coming inside and slowing everthing down.
This. Bertrand made plenty of overlapping runs into good positions yesterday, only to be ignored, predominantly by Redmond. After a while his body language was: "hey, if I'm not going to receive the ball why should I bother making these runs". He has a point to be fair. (And I've criticised Bertrand for his seemingly poor attitude recently, bit I don't think yesterday was one of those - he just got hacked off with the lack of service when making some decent runs) Edited by trousers

This. Bertrand made plenty of overlapping runs into good positions yesterday, only to be ignored, predominantly by Redmond. After a while his body language was: "hey, if I'm not going to receive the ball why should I bother making these runs". He has a point to be fair. (And I've criticised Bertrand for his seemingly poor attitude recently, bit I don't think yesterday was one of those - he just got hacked off with the lack of service when making some decent runs)

Personally I think England internationals should keep making runs, rather than give up because the ball isn’t passed to them. No wonder we’re easy to defend against.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to Wembley last night so obviously watched Ryan closely. Thought he did well as a wing back in a 5. Ok, not on for long, but made an impact with some great runs and decent delivery. Got to be worth trying Hoedt, ****, Yoshi, Bertrand, Cedric with Lemina and Romeu holding, Boufal no. 10 and two up, Gabbi and Austin or Long. Though might be worth waiting until after dippers away.